Its Thursday in Toulouse,answers to your questions from yest

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Its Thursday in Toulouse,answers to your questions from yest

Post by sheepshagger »

Wifi access is avaliable in the hotel, ask for a wifi enabled room when your checking in if you want it (or call ahead)

The IBIS City centre is about a 30 mins walk from Trevs pub (we walked it last night). .the other IBIS (Gare Matabiau) the one opp the train station is actually 15 mins walk CLOSER to the pub than the city centre IBIS (plus it has a few dodgy sex shops around the corner).

If you want 2 beds in a room at any of the IBIS hotels you will have to ring ahead as these are limited, and rooms have double beds by default. . .so unless you want to have a brokeback mountain weekend youd best call ahead before you fly.

Made it to Trevs pub last night, we were having a few pints and who should walk in but the man himself. . .he was telling us how they are putting a bar outside on Sat for us. . .

Right, im off for breakfast. . . .
ckav
Seán Cronin

Re: Its Thursday in Toulouse,answers to your questions from

Post by ckav »

sheepshagger wrote:Wifi access is avaliable in the hotel, ask for a wifi enabled room when your checking in if you want it (or call ahead)

The IBIS City centre is about a 30 mins walk from Trevs pub (we walked it last night). .the other IBIS (Gare Matabiau) the one opp the train station is actually 15 mins walk CLOSER to the pub than the city centre IBIS (plus it has a few dodgy sex shops around the corner).

If you want 2 beds in a room at any of the IBIS hotels you will have to ring ahead as these are limited, and rooms have double beds by default. . .so unless you want to have a brokeback mountain weekend youd best call ahead before you fly.

Made it to Trevs pub last night, we were having a few pints and who should walk in but the man himself. . .he was telling us how they are putting a bar outside on Sat for us. . .

Right, im off for breakfast. . . .
This message provoked much comment from the HiPort team and assorted bods this morning... :lol:
Big Deep Blue
Bookworm

Post by Big Deep Blue »

Result on the IBIS Matabiau. Well done Dave Cahill
Where the blind leadeth the blind.....Get out of the way.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Thanks, I've called ahead and made the arrangements.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

sheep, can we expect a daily diary from you similar to those of the rugby players in the Sunday papers? :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Price of Beer

Post by Donny B. »

Hiya Shagger

What's the price of beer in De Danu for lager and Guiness?
I'm trying to estimate how much cash to bring

Cheers
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Price of Beer

Post by Duff Paddy »

Donny Brooke wrote:Hiya Shagger

Cheers
Beer isn't cheap in France. You're looking at 150+ squid for boozing per night I reckon.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

Duff Paddy wrote:

Cheers
Beer isn't cheap in France. You're looking at 150+ squid for boozing per night I reckon.
Drink wine! It is France after all.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Cheers
Its about 6 euro a pint or 2.50 a half pint. Wine is about 2.50 a glass.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

sewa wrote:

Cheers
Its about 6 euro a pint or 2.50 a half pint. Wine is about 2.50 a glass.
I'll have two half pints so please.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Vino

Post by Donny B. »

Bewarned lads, having a serious session on the wine can have dire consequences. Only once did I drink wine all day and I can tell you I had the most evil, vicious hangover imaginable the next day. I swear to God, I thought I was going blind at one stage it was so bad.

I'm partial to a drop of wine every now and again but once you go beyond about a bottle and a half (about six glasses), you're in serious trouble!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Re: Vino

Post by Uncle Mort »

Donny Brooke wrote:Bewarned lads, having a serious session on the wine can have dire consequences. Only once did I drink wine all day and I can tell you I had the most evil, vicious hangover imaginable the next day. I swear to God, I thought I was going blind at one stage it was so bad.

I'm partial to a drop of wine every now and again but once you go beyond about a bottle and a half (about six glasses), you're in serious trouble!
I heard on the radio the other day that in times before telly when there was nothing else to do all evening apart from eating, a gentleman was expected to be able to consume 12 bottles of wine during dinner which would stretch from early evening to midnight. The ladies of course would withdraw and drink copiously in the drawing room whilst doing elegant things like needlework, singing at the pianoforte ensuring that they sat away from the fire so as not to tone their pale white skin or have their thickly applied lead laden make-up melt from their face.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
crumlinbob
Bookworm

pre tell(y)

Post by crumlinbob »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:Bewarned lads, having a serious session on the wine can have dire consequences. Only once did I drink wine all day and I can tell you I had the most evil, vicious hangover imaginable the next day. I swear to God, I thought I was going blind at one stage it was so bad.

I heard on the radio the other day that in times before telly when there was nothing else to do all evening apart from eating, a gentleman was expected to be able to consume 12 bottles of wine during dinner which would stretch from early evening to midnight. The ladies of course would withdraw and drink copiously in the drawing room whilst doing elegant things like needlework, singing at the pianoforte ensuring that they sat away from the fire so as not to tone their pale white skin or have their thickly applied lead laden make-up melt from their face.
is it because the wimmin were soo ugly that the lads had to drink 12 bottles or wuz dere singin just shite!
ribs
Mullet

Re: pre tell(y)

Post by ribs »

crumlinbob wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:

is it because the wimmin were soo ugly that the lads had to drink 12 bottles or wuz dere singin just shite!
didn't they have more babies back then?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Nope, these updates will cease shortly. . .the bulk of you should be here by tonight (fingers crossed with any flight delays/cancellations), hope that the info has been of help to some of you making the trip over later in the week.

On the twin room front, have already heard that some of the hotels are out of single beds and theres stories of 2/3 lads having to share double beds. . .if thats going to be an issue, if you havnt already done so. . .ring ahead.

On the prices of beers in De Danu, Guinness is EUR 5.80 a pint, theres Beamish and Kronenburg in the happy our (5-7 daily) at EUR 3.50 a pint.
The foods not bad there either, Full Irish is served from 11am daily at EUR 9.00, Wine is suprise suprise cheaper. . . .although not sure how much.

The Guinness is of pretty good quality. . .I conducted stringent taste tests over a 10 hour period yesterday :lol:

Weather is again very bright and sunny, one or two people even got a bit of sunburn yesterday. . . .De Danu was fairly busy with the Thursday evening arrivals (via the TGV from Paris);

For those of you yet to travel, good luck with the flights, it will be worth the effort on Saturday.

See you soon!!