Leinster's Finest Victory

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

From a devout Munsterman - well done Leinster. Superb performance, great victory. Historic. Now for the semi-final! Not for the faint of heart.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Not for the faint of heart.
It'll be brilliant.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

It really was incredible, absolutely incredible. To kick the backside off a team so mercurial and renowned for their attacking rugby...Trev was very very quiet I thought and didn't look too happy at being substituted.
I am glad I sky + the thing as I barely remember the match it was soo tense. Was on to Flash and Kav and they just were speechless with joy, truelly an amazing weekend.

Gutted not to have been there.... :cry:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Just woken up in a warm Toulouse. . .still hard to belive we actually did it. . .my voice has gone and has been replaced with a hugh grin. . . .roll on LR in 3 weeks :D :D :D :D :D
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

sheepshagger wrote:Just woken up in a warm Toulouse. . .still hard to belive we actually did it. . .my voice has gone and has been replaced with a hugh grin. . . .roll on LR in 3 weeks :D :D :D :D :D
You lucky divil!!!! Looking forward to hearing all the goss when you come back down to earth!
cj
Graduate

what a game

Post by cj »

Amazing performance, these are great days to be a leinster fan. If we play that well again, we will beat the inbred hicks. They were rubbish yesterday - and very lucky to beat perpignan. It was leinster's day.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

sunday mornin in Toulouse. ..the greatest day of my life yesterday...absolutely amazin....still comin to terms with the victory....support was absolutely fantastic....well done to all...

...special mention to Robbie for all that he did and organised.....its was worth it!!!!!

...roll on Munster....
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
RichardP
Graduate

Re: what a game

Post by RichardP »

cj wrote:Amazing performance, these are great days to be a leinster fan. If we play that well again, we will beat the inbred hicks. They were rubbish yesterday - and very lucky to beat perpignan. It was leinster's day.
Always nice to see such magnanimity in victory :roll:
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Re: what a game

Post by TrueBlue »

RichardP wrote:
cj wrote:Amazing performance, these are great days to be a leinster fan. If we play that well again, we will beat the inbred hicks. They were rubbish yesterday - and very lucky to beat perpignan. It was leinster's day.
Always nice to see such magnanimity in victory :roll:
Apologies RichardP....

...however good we were yday and below par munster were, it has no effect on what will transpire in 3 weeks....and while their will be those who will just focus on the broader side of things i.e. turnip munchers etc., i think we should focus on the actual match and the details therein...
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Harryp2

Post by Harryp2 »

Cant reember my password :oops:

Unbelievable. Still hasnt sunk in.
What a day, what a night, what a game.

I cant even talk today :lol:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Cant reember my password
Must have been some night :D
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Thanks TrueBlue..I suppose we can all get a bit carried away at times, and Leinster certainly have grounds for exuberant celebration!
There's no doubt that Leinster will be favourites based on that performance as well as the performances against Bath and against us on NYE. The Leinster pack is much better than credited and even IF man-for-man I believe Munster's pack is better I'd have to say collectively Leinster's pack is very, very close .
The backs are a completely different story. Apart from Easterby, (and arguably, from a Munster point of view, Dempsey) every Leinster back is better than his Munster opponent. The loss of Murphy, the wait for Cullen to return, the loss of Leamy and the possible loss of ROG to his leg injury put Munster into the 2nd favourite position. All that having been said I'd be prepared for a tougher battle from Munster than ye got from Toulouse.
BTW I've said the same on our forum.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

I am still struggling to make sense of it all, back in the office on a Monday morning!

From the moment we arrived in Toulouse, and our taxi driver said "it seems like all of Ireland is here", we just KNEW something special was happening.
I can't remember ever feeling anything like the emotion or the tension in the stadium. To hear the Toulouse fans in full voice and to see them with their "Tun-Tuns", was scary....but from the very first kick of the ball, we just KNEW it was our day. the match seemed to drag on for hours - I can remember looking at the screen with 20 minutes to go, and thinking that it had to be a mistake!
Watching Denis take the ball from Felipe almost at the corner flag on the Leinster line, and running down the length of the pitch, looking at the telepathy between he and Darce, and seeing the try so perfectly executed - it was just beyond anything I can describe. Hearing Mauler say "KICK IT, KICK IT, KICK IT, NO, RUN, RUN, RUN, YEEEESSSSSSSSS" was perfect!!

Watching the Toulouse players applaud us at the end - walking out of the stand and seeing the Toulouse fans part like the Red Sea, shouting bravo and Allez l'Irlande, and applauding us....the tears just flowed. It was magical, unforgettable, magnificent. What fans, what a team - they are truly the embodiment of rugby and what makes it so special.
Waiting for the players to come out - watching Keith Gleeson embrace his fiance and everyone cheering - seeing the players come over with huge smiles to their fans - seeing Felipe break away from his family, Dad in an Argie jersey, baby Catalina in one arm and pen in the other, signing autographs and chatting to us like he knew us -

And seeing old and new friends on "The Island" outside De Danu..

Leinster came of age on Saturday, and not a field of Athenry in sight.

Molly Malone - Lansdowne Road deserves to bid you and your wheelbarrow farewell with a huge game in 3 weeks' time.
Credit to Munster - I couldn't think of mightier opposition for us. We look forward to welcoming you all to Dublin. May it be a wonderful, sporting weekend.

Voiceless, drained, but so proud.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote:I am still struggling to make sense of it all, back in the office on a Monday morning!

From the moment we arrived in Toulouse, and our taxi driver said "it seems like all of Ireland is here", we just KNEW something special was happening.
I can't remember ever feeling anything like the emotion or the tension in the stadium. To hear the Toulouse fans in full voice and to see them with their "Tun-Tuns", was scary....but from the very first kick of the ball, we just KNEW it was our day. the match seemed to drag on for hours - I can remember looking at the screen with 20 minutes to go, and thinking that it had to be a mistake!
Watching Denis take the ball from Felipe almost at the corner flag on the Leinster line, and running down the length of the pitch, looking at the telepathy between he and Darce, and seeing the try so perfectly executed - it was just beyond anything I can describe. Hearing Mauler say "KICK IT, KICK IT, KICK IT, NO, RUN, RUN, RUN, YEEEESSSSSSSSS" was perfect!!

Watching the Toulouse players applaud us at the end - walking out of the stand and seeing the Toulouse fans part like the Red Sea, shouting bravo and Allez l'Irlande, and applauding us....the tears just flowed. It was magical, unforgettable, magnificent. What fans, what a team - they are truly the embodiment of rugby and what makes it so special.
Waiting for the players to come out - watching Keith Gleeson embrace his fiance and everyone cheering - seeing the players come over with huge smiles to their fans - seeing Felipe break away from his family, Dad in an Argie jersey, baby Catalina in one arm and pen in the other, signing autographs and chatting to us like he knew us -

And seeing old and new friends on "The Island" outside De Danu..

Leinster came of age on Saturday, and not a field of Athenry in sight.

Molly Malone - Lansdowne Road deserves to bid you and your wheelbarrow farewell with a huge game in 3 weeks' time.
Credit to Munster - I couldn't think of mightier opposition for us. We look forward to welcoming you all to Dublin. May it be a wonderful, sporting weekend.

Voiceless, drained, but so proud.
as ever - I totally agree with all of this and could not put it better. When we got back to the airport we went into a shop and the lady serving said "Well done" to us despite the fact that her two boys were "back home crying". I don't think I've met better fans that the Toulouse fans on Saturday - they were great - after all they couldn't have expected that they would lose. Well done to all of them. And well done to all of us. We too were great supporters and we should not forget that.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Three things
1- The Toulouse supporters I saw and met were real fans, they stayed until the end, applauded their team (and ours) and were gracious in defeat. I thought they were wonderful.
2- The majority of our supporters were fantastic. they sang, shouted and cheered their hearts out and were gracious and respectful to the French fans.
3 - It only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil a barrell. A group of leinster fans a couple of rows in front knew their rugby, supported their team, led the singing and in most ways were fantastic. However, every time that we scored they were standing up and making various gestures to the Toulouse fans behind us. It came across as rude and ignorant and just wasn't needed. I remember some leicester supporters doing the same last year and how pissed off I was at the time.
Glad I got that off my chest - what a great weekend :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Three things
1- The Toulouse supporters I saw and met were real fans, they stayed until the end, applauded their team (and ours) and were gracious in defeat. I thought they were wonderful.
2- The majority of our supporters were fantastic. they sang, shouted and cheered their hearts out and were gracious and respectful to the French fans.
3 - It only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil a barrell. A group of leinster fans a couple of rows in front knew their rugby, supported their team, led the singing and in most ways were fantastic. However, every time that we scored they were standing up and making various gestures to the Toulouse fans behind us. It came across as rude and ignorant and just wasn't needed. I remember some leicester supporters doing the same last year and how pissed off I was at the time.
Glad I got that off my chest - what a great weekend :lol:
Re point 3, were you in block 14 in the corner? I was and those muppets who were doing that deserved to be thrown out. I'm all for light-hearted banter between sets of fans but there was a couple of guys in block 14 who spent more time looking backwards at the toulouse fans and jeering them than they did facing forwards looking at the game. They were like soccer fans, trying to get "you're not singing anymore" going as a chant, and they actually missed most of the conversions because they were facing backwards and shouting, laughing and pointing at the home support. We were up jumping on our seats every time we scored but we were looking at the pitch rather than the fans behind us. We gave the eejits a few shouts of 'sit down, shutup' but I didn't want to make it any worse by going down and confronting them. Fair play to the Toulouse fans who stayed behind and came over to us and congratulated us, they created the best atmosphere I've ever seen at a game and I've been a lot of the biggest rugby, soccer and gaa venues there are.

If anyone reading this was one of those guys in block 14, you're absolute muppets and have no place at a rugby match.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

No, block 23. Sounds like there were more than a few of them though. Pity.
A proud Winsome Fluter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:No, block 23. Sounds like there were more than a few of them though. Pity.
We were in Block 23 too - can't say I noticed any rabble rousing but if there's any at the semi-final, there'll be hell to pay. :evil: We should be taking our example from fans who have actually got something to celebrate - ie Toulousain fans whose team have won the HEC. We don't want focking blow-ins and knackers hijacking our support base.
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

what a weekend, great craic! Hello to all the fans i met mullet, limecat, eve, robbie and everybody else too. Thanks for the flags..
Have to say the toulouse fans were very gracious in defeat, think they appreciated the great performance!
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

ckav wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:No, block 23. Sounds like there were more than a few of them though. Pity.
We were in Block 23 too - can't say I noticed any rabble rousing but if there's any at the semi-final, there'll be hell to pay. :evil: We should be taking our example from fans who have actually got something to celebrate - ie Toulousain fans whose team have won the HEC. We don't want focking blow-ins and knackers hijacking our support base.
ckav, that's a common problem with every team in every sport. you want to increase your fan-base but you don't want to bring in idiots. Unfortunately it's very hard to do both. I regret not telling those lads what muppets they were being, but I didn't want to start a row.