The Official Declan Kidney is God Thread

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

i'm going to sit on the fence and say that he's a MOG. (god bless Mel Brooks) :lol:
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Ballyman wrote:Nah, nah, you have it all wrong. He's the prophet Muhammed at the minute. God status will be adorned on him on May 21st in Cardiff!!
Oh FFS, he's not going to try and take credit for us winning the European Cup too is he? He already stole Gary Ella's kudos for bringing Flash through..... :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
JoseFantastique
Mullet

Post by JoseFantastique »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Ballyman wrote:Nah, nah, you have it all wrong. He's the prophet Muhammed at the minute. God status will be adorned on him on May 21st in Cardiff!!

quote]
Oh FFS, he's not going to try and take credit for us winning the European Cup too is he? He already stole Gary Ella's kudos for bringing Flash through..... :lol:
Well he was the one who cleared the trouble-makers and dead wood out of the Leinster side. (Runs for cover)
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

JoseFantastique wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

quote]
Well he was the one who cleared the trouble-makers and dead wood out of the Leinster side. (Runs for cover)
Yeah I'm glad we got shot of those notorious trouble makers Shane Jennings, Gavin Hickie and Leo Cullen :?
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Duff Paddy wrote:
JoseFantastique wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Well he was the one who cleared the trouble-makers and dead wood out of the Leinster side. (Runs for cover)
Yeah I'm glad we got shot of those notorious trouble makers Shane Jennings, Gavin Hickie and Leo Cullen :?
Good player that Jennings. Could yet be a superstar. Hickie i aint seem much of. Cullen was and is awful. No loss.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Cullen is a solid journeyman pro, and he's getting some game time at Leicester this season so I think calling him awful is unfair. Surprised he got himself a couple of Irish caps though.

Gavin Hickie I always liked as a player but nobody else seems to rate. He had balooned in weight last time I saw him.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Actually your right. Awful was too strong a term. He is a decent enough player. Not international standard though.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sewa wrote:Actually your right. Awful was too strong a term. He is a decent enough player. Not international standard though.
Bravo sir!
Ballyman
Knowledgeable

Post by Ballyman »

Flash Gordon wrote: Oh FFS, he's not going to try and take credit for us winning the European Cup too is he? He already stole Gary Ella's kudos for bringing Flash through..... :lol:
I don't understand? Are you from Turnipstan Flash?
Glad to hear it old chap. We only have the X3's down here though.
It happened and I was there.
4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
scotscor
Knowledgeable

dk is god

Post by scotscor »

I think many here are still missing the fact that Kidney is god.
We won just twice
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: dk is god

Post by Duff Paddy »

scotscor wrote:I think many here are still missing the fact that Kidney is god.
I'll have to stop you there - Judas betrayed the son of God, thus making either The Dragons or Leinster analogous to Jesus.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Harry, does Declan Kidney know about your strange fetish with him? Is the restraining order still in place?
General Collins
Graduate

Post by General Collins »

[quote="Duff Paddy"]Cullen is a solid journeyman pro, and he's getting some game time at Leicester this season so I think calling him awful is unfair. Surprised he got himself a couple of Irish caps though.

Cullen was and is muck. I don't understand how people rate the Guinness Premiership as a standard bar. Other ordinary Irish players have blossomed over there too like Peter Bracken (Wasps) and Eoin Reddan (Wasps). These players were deemed surplus to requirements in their respective provinces and rightly so in my opinion.

However i will agree that the loss of Jennings was a joke. He's been a revelation for the Tigers this year in the HC and should never have been allowed to leave Leinster
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

General Collins wrote:
However i will agree that the loss of Jennings was a joke. He's been a revelation for the Tigers this year in the HC and should never have been allowed to leave Leinster
Very true. :cry:

Still, it can't be a bad thing that our Irish players get the chance to go abroad and work within a different system. Just as it is for any one, whether rugby professional or not.

I just wish that our national coach didn't have such control issues with regard to the national squad and by dint of that, the provincial squads. Being able to dictate what player plays a match, and when, can't BUT cause resentment. By dint of that, not being able to dictate when the player is outside the "jurisdiction"of the IRFU, must drive him potty.

BTW General Collins - those Cork langers never appreciated you. Sure isn't that why they shot you in Beal na mBlath. You should have stayed up here.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:
General Collins wrote:
Very true. :cry:

Still, it can't be a bad thing that our Irish players get the chance to go abroad and work within a different system. Just as it is for any one, whether rugby professional or not.

I just wish that our national coach didn't have such control issues with regard to the national squad and by dint of that, the provincial squads. Being able to dictate what player plays a match, and when, can't BUT cause resentment. By dint of that, not being able to dictate when the player is outside the "jurisdiction"of the IRFU, must drive him potty.

BTW General Collins - those Cork langers never appreciated you. Sure isn't that why they shot you in Beal na mBlath. You should have stayed up here.
I dont think that is true ckav. Jennings is the only other player abroad that genuinely has a shot at making the Irish 22
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Personally I'm happy enough that Jennings left despite the way it happened (he should never have been dropped for a clearly unfit Gleeson). It means that both Gleeson and himself are playing top-class rugby every week. Keith has maybe 2 more seasons at his best and I'd hope that Jennings still has it in the back of his mind to return to Ireland. It would be perfect timing if he came back for the 08/09 season and he'd be a much better player than he would have been if he had to vie with Gleeson for 2 years.

ckav, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of interference with player availability this year. As we were promised in our season ticket application the internationals are available for nearly all the CL matches and obviously the HEC ones. A certain amount of interference will always happen and no coach will approach it any differently. It happens all over the world and indeed Henry credits the S14/NPC coaches for New Zealand's consistency and success last year after he asked them all to focus on certain areas.

The main problem in the NH for international coaches is that the season is just so screwed up. It makes no logical sense and the sooner it is streamlined the happier everyone will be. I hope that one day the HEC will be played over 10 or so weekends in a row as the current setup does not favour Irish sides no matter who was in charge of the national team.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:
I dont think that is true ckav. Jennings is the only other player abroad that genuinely has a shot at making the Irish 22
EP, I know what you mean, but isn't that more the result of limited selection policy and blinkered attitudes towards those who ply their trade outside the jurisdiction of the IRFU, than down to ability>? Look at Rob Casey or Trevor Brennan, for example...
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

CM wrote:
The main problem in the NH for international coaches is that the season is just so screwed up. It makes no logical sense and the sooner it is streamlined the happier everyone will be. I hope that one day the HEC will be played over 10 or so weekends in a row as the current setup does not favour Irish sides no matter who was in charge of the national team.
Spot On.
I've no doubt that Leinster and Munster could be title contenders, were the HEC season not broken in two by the 6N. Our players come back from Team Ireland clearly out of sync with the gameplans, and their team-mates on the provincial sides.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Ckav i didnt think you would be one to use that example. Both players are very unlucky that 2nd row is bar far the position that IReland have the most depth. Breannan isnt 1st choice for Toulouse and Casey isnt playing HEC rugby. MOD, MOK, POC and DOC are all rightfully ahead of them.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:Ckav i didnt think you would be one to use that example. Both players are very unlucky that 2nd row is bar far the position that IReland have the most depth. Breannan isnt 1st choice for Toulouse and Casey isnt playing HEC rugby. MOD, MOK, POC and DOC are all rightfully ahead of them.
Ah there's plenty you don't know about me EPaddy. I don't have cloven hooves or a pitchfork in that handbag of mine.

Nope, agreed that RC isn't playing Heino, but he's a few years younger than O'Kelly and what if the others get injured? We could do with blooding some of the talent we have overseas... then again we could do with finding a Samoan monster prop with an Irish granny...