Trip to Toulouse

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CM
Mullet

Trip to Toulouse

Post by CM »

Thought it'd be good to get a post going about this. Who's arranged what and where is everyone staying?

Limecat, have you done much advertising to let people know this is up an running?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Trip to Toulouse

Post by limecat »

CM wrote:Limecat, have you done much advertising to let people know this is up an running?
I've told a few people, but other than that, nothing yet. Was gonna let as many people as possible know on friday in donnybrook
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

I'm going. Probably staying at the Hotel Ours Blanc. Stayed there last year and very reasonable and central.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:Thought it'd be good to get a post going about this. Who's arranged what and where is everyone staying?

Limecat, have you done much advertising to let people know this is up an running?
Bath wiped me out, but I'll get the enthusiasm and cash from somewhere. Trevor Brennan's pub is going to make a fortune that weekend.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

I've booked the Kyriad on CMM's recommendation. Do you have a link to yours and I'll compare.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Trevor Brennan's pub is going to make a fortune that weekend.
Just as long as they stock enough beer!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:Bath wiped me out
i know how you feel.

i've heard of people taking a few different routes so far. i'm flying to bristol and then on to toulouse from there. i noticed that flybe fly from bristol to toulouse on our way back from the bath game.

also, flights from dublin to bristol were only 10 cents + taxes, going on thursday and returning monday each way
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

http://www.hotel-oursblanc.com

I stayed in the Wilson one. But they are all about 50 yards apart.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Crash, how much are the rooms? Can't seem to see the rates, am I blind?
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

They range from €43 for a single to €73 for a twin with a double and single bed in them per night.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

They range from €43 for a single to €73 for a twin with a double and single bed in them per night.
Cheers. The Kyriad is €58 per night for a double. I'll leave my booking for the moment. I think they're all near enough each other anyway.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

another option is the ibis (central toulouse) which is meant to be just around the corner from trevors bar, rooms are 73 during the week, and 55 at the weekend.

be careful which one you book as there is more than one ibis there...
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I assume the "rooms for two" are twin rooms but you can never be too sure with these French - something always "gets lost in translation" :shock:
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

I got flights booked direct to Touluouse from Dublin with Aer Lingus, out on the Friday and back on the monday for 220! A good friend of mine back home booked them 5 minutes after the game.Ibis Hotel booked as well! All i need now is match tickets!
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

All i need now is match tickets!
Are you a season ticket holder? If so I presume we'll get an option of at least 2 per season ticket. Our allocation should be in the region of 9,000 and I know there's quite a few going but probably not 9,000!
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

I live in London so booked with BA from Gatwick for £114 return and also stayin at the ibis. I sincerely hope theres more then 2 tickets per season ticket holder as many exiles over here are hoping on friends at home to get there hands on a few more for us
rarrr
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

i am, there are 15 of us going and only 3 season ticket holders, ii'm hoping we initially take the 9,000 tickets, at least try to distribute them and then send back unused ones. But the branch have done some funny things before!
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

i'm hoping we initially take the 9,000 tickets, at least try to distribute them and then send back unused ones.
I can't see them not doing that.

They offerred 3 tickets per season ticket for the Bath match and that was with a lower allocation while there was 10 tickets, I think, for the QF last year. So yeah, it'll probably be more than 2. Maybe 4 or 5 per season ticket but I can't see there being a problem getting a ticket as long as we make sure we take up as much of our allocation as possible quickly enough. As far as I know the Leinster branch get the profits from these tickets so they'll be wanting to sell as many as possible.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Leinster til I die - you're one lucky fecker! Those flights were gone within minutes. Anyway. Dublin to Gatwick with Ryanair on Friday morning, then on to Toulouse with Easyjet, flying back on the Monday morning with Easyjet and then home with Ryanair again - think the total came to around €190 - booked it on Tuesday at lunchtime.

IBIS seems to be where a load of people are staying but all the hotels are very near to each other anyway.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Those flights were gone within minutes
And now we know why!