Trip to Toulouse

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

There are 6 of us going, booked flights straight after the match, no hotel yet though. Any one know of a cheap hotel within a reasonable speed wobble of Trev's pub?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
hambone
Beginner

Post by hambone »

Apparently the IBIS is just around the corner from De Danu (Trev's bar) and pretty reasonable at Eur55 per room per night including breakfast, I don't know how cheap you want but 80 quid per head for 3 nights seems acceptable. It takes some of the sting out of the price of flights, I was one of the lucky ones to get a flight immediately after the Bath game.

I've just finished reading Gerry Thornley's article in today's times with conribution from our commander-in-chief and I just want it to be the 1st of April, roll on an injury free 6 nations......
fungalboy
Graduate

Toulouse tickets

Post by fungalboy »

Due to a minor communications mix up between fungalboy and Stationary Girl we have two spare tickets for the QF on our hands.
Rather than deal with the LB ticket office (agghhh!) does anybody want to take them off our hands.

Face value obviously, €95.

Thanks.
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Just finalized my flights, should be a shite weekend
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

limecat wrote:another option is the ibis (central toulouse) which is meant to be just around the corner from trevors bar, rooms are 73 during the week, and 55 at the weekend.

be careful which one you book as there is more than one ibis there...

Did a route search and I'm pretty sure the ibis near Trev's pub is the one by the station -Ibis Gare Matabiau. It's on the east of the city, whereas the stadium is on the west. Prices the same.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

BTW.... slightly different tack but anyone who reads Trev's column in the IT notice how often he refers to his mates in Munster and how little he has mentioned Leinster?
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

be careful which one you book as there is more than one ibis there...[/quote]

Did a route search and I'm pretty sure the ibis near Trev's pub is the one by the station -Ibis Gare Matabiau. It's on the east of the city, whereas the stadium is on the west. Prices the same.[/quote]

The stadium where the game is being played (Le Stadium) is about 3.5km from De Danu. It's smack bang in the middle of Toulouse.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jezzer wrote:BTW.... slightly different tack but anyone who reads Trev's column in the IT notice how often he refers to his mates in Munster and how little he has mentioned Leinster?
Jezzer, you sound Paranoid... :roll:
glorob
Learner

Post by glorob »

jezzer wrote:BTW.... slightly different tack but anyone who reads Trev's column in the IT notice how often he refers to his mates in Munster and how little he has mentioned Leinster?

It might have something to do with all the money Munster Supporters have spent in his pub in the last few years.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

glorob wrote:

It might have something to do with all the money Munster Supporters have spent in his pub in the last few years.
How are you. Glorob? Nice to see you here.
glorob
Learner

Post by glorob »

ckav wrote:
glorob wrote:

How are you. Glorob? Nice to see you here.
Glad to see Leinsterfans is finally up and running. Apart from a place to chat it should be very useful in helping Leinster Supporters organize themselves, share travel and ticket information, etc.

I have been ill on and off for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Flu and some post flu complications. I should have listened to Harry when he was preaching on MFs about the flu vaccine.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Toulouse

Post by crumlinbob »

8 of us arrive Friday evening via Stansted and Carcassonne. Stayin near the Place du Capitole. Walking distance to everything, hopefully.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

There are three Ibis' in Toulouse...one is pretty much next door to trevs pub, the Gare Matabiau is about a block away, and there is one out on the outskirts
I have Bumbleflex
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

"There are three Ibis' in Toulouse"

No, but there are two "o"s and two "u"s.

[/quote]
A proud Winsome Fluter
PapaSmurf
Learner

Post by PapaSmurf »

We have a hotel you eegit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!