Additional Players for Knock out Stages

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Additional Players for Knock out Stages

Post by Dave Cahill »

As we are allowed to add two more players (three if one is a front row player) to the squad for the knockouts, any rumours, ideas, suggestions about who should or could be added?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another prop added to give back up to Reggie and Will, and perhaps an outhalf, though I would prefer to see Sexton getting bench time. Beyond that our squad looks to have some good depth to it this season.
I have Bumbleflex
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

to be honest our squad does seem to have good depth, but having watched the U'21's on Friday, I really have to question whether Sexton is anywhere near ready yet.

One for the future, but a long way to go based on that performance.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Additional Players for Knock out Stages

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:As we are allowed to add two more players (three if one is a front row player) to the squad for the knockouts, any rumours, ideas, suggestions about who should or could be added?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another prop added to give back up to Reggie and Will, and perhaps an outhalf, though I would prefer to see Sexton getting bench time. Beyond that our squad looks to have some good depth to it this season.
Assuming that our paltry representation on the 6N squad (about to change after yesterdays farce) get through the campaign uninjured, then I suppose we have to right a wrong and bring Gary Brown back into the squad. He hasn't played that much this season and his defence is a worry though. It's just a massive pity that we can't get Whitaker over sooner.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

We need a backup prop, scrum half and out half. If any of Green, Easterby or (God forbid) Contepomi got injured, we don't have good enough cover.

I saw the U21 game as well. Tough on Sexton to judge him on one game but he didn't look like a guy you'd want to throw in against Toulouse with 20 mins to go...

We haven't given anyone a run at 10 other than Felipe. Bits here and there for Hepworth, Hickey and McAllister, so my priority would be for a temp OH. Make a call on one of the other guys and give them a decent run in the CL (Felipe to start and Hickey to take over at half time) while Felipe and the temp get on with the HEC.

What about Pez for the temp spot??!!! Not sure Perpignan'd want him playing against them in the semis though!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

jezzer wrote:Not sure Perpignan'd want him playing against them in the semis though!
:lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

What's the craic with Warner? I assume he is still injured. When is he due back?
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Yeah .. thats what I was gonna ask ... Warner was handy enough at Out half at the atart of the season before he got injured.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

he did his cruciate ligaments I think. Was definitely out for most of the season, not sure if there's a chance of a return for HEC knockouts. even if he was fit, it'd be a big ask.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

We will lend you Hendo and Cullen if you want.