Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:Flash, sort that avator out
Tell me how and I will!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

I know Holly was an excellent player and had a great rugby brain but Felipe has been our saving grace this year. His kicking is accurate, tackling is never lacking conviction and I won't even start counting the number of tries the guy has scored (6 tries in 6 games in the Heineken Cup but to mention a few). As a more complete player, I'd have to choose Felipe.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Colm wrote:I know Holly was an excellent player and had a great rugby brain but Felipe has been our saving grace this year. His kicking is accurate, tackling is never lacking conviction and I won't even start counting the number of tries the guy has scored (6 tries in 6 games in the Heineken Cup but to mention a few). As a more complete player, I'd have to choose Felipe.
Dunno he had a bit of a kicking mare against Turnipstan. :cry:
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Flash Gordon wrote:Dunno he had a bit of a kicking mare against Turnipstan. :cry:
Everyone has their bad days! He doesn't have as much bad days as ROG or HUMPHS!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I'll take Felipe's flair any day...
He can have the odd bad day with the boot but is a game winner.

:D
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Colm wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Dunno he had a bit of a kicking mare against Turnipstan. :cry:
Everyone has their bad days! He doesn't have as much bad days as ROG or HUMPHS!
True enough, but Holly NEVER had off days. i think he would have kicked the winner vs Bourgoin away too......
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Flash Gordon wrote:True enough, but Holly NEVER had off days. i think he would have kicked the winner vs Bourgoin away too......
Flash,
If we're talking about individual matches:
Holly would never have scored that try and setup one vs. Bath (not to mention the running and passing lines for 2 of the other tries that day)

You can argue that Holly brought a level of common sense to a Leinster backline that already has enough of the flair stuff or Felipe is the flair player who can unlock the real potential of the Leinster backline.

Only one winner there for me. As Partridge would say: "My lords, ladies and gentlemen - pray silence please for Sir Felipe Contepomi"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:True enough, but Holly NEVER had off days. i think he would have kicked the winner vs Bourgoin away too......
Flash,
Holly would never have scored that try and setup one vs. Bath (not to mention the running and passing lines for 2 of the other tries that day)

You can argue that Holly brought a level of common sense to a Leinster backline that already has enough of the flair stuff or Felipe is the flair player who can unlock the real potential of the Leinster backline.

Only one winner there for me. As Partridge would say: "My lords, ladies and gentlemen - pray silence please for Sir Felipe Contepomi"
Dunno, remember Holly last year in Bath? He saved our bacon.

I won't argue with you on Felipe's merrits. He's a total ligind!
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

jezzer wrote:
Flash,

Actually I think Felipe learnt alot from Holwell last year - I can remember Holwell single handedly turning the match against bath last season in the rec, so Holwell it is - just!