David Kearney

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinster23
Bookworm

Re: David Kearney

Post by leinster23 »

Barry wrote:when did Dave last have a bad game for Leinster ? been a long time
To be fair there were a few dodgy ones at fullback when he was stuck out with the kids in the Pro14. He's been rock solid on the wing all season though.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

solid but unspectacular, given Ferg will likely finish after next season, Dave is well set up to assume that role in the back three.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:solid but unspectacular, given Ferg will likely finish after next season, Dave is well set up to assume that role in the back three.
I think he has had a really good season when available. He just gets on with the job.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:solid but unspectacular, given Ferg will likely finish after next season, Dave is well set up to assume that role in the back three.
I think he has had a really good season when available. He just gets on with the job.
DK has been very, very tidy for us this season; I think his form has been really strong since Christmas. He makes very, very few mistakes in terms of positioning, discipline or turning over the ball, his workrate is excellent and he's brave to a fault ... he doesn't have the out-and-out talent of James Lowe or Jordan Larmour, but as a professional I think there's a lot to admire. You'd never have any problem with putting him in the starting XV in any game - up to and including a European Cup final.

It's a little surprising to realise that this is his 11th season with the province, and he's not even 30 yet. I tend to think he's the same age as Ferg, but he's the guts of three years younger than him.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
DK has been very, very tidy for us this season; I think his form has been really strong since Christmas. He makes very, very few mistakes in terms of positioning, discipline or turning over the ball, his workrate is excellent and he's brave to a fault ... he doesn't have the out-and-out talent of James Lowe or Jordan Larmour, but as a professional I think there's a lot to admire. You'd never have any problem with putting him in the starting XV in any game - up to and including a European Cup final.

It's a little surprising to realise that this is his 11th season with the province, and he's not even 30 yet. I tend to think he's the same age as Ferg, but he's the guts of three years younger than him.
He's definitely worth another contract. He's not a worldclass finisher or doesn't have top end gas but he's the type of player who'd rarely have to worry about the video reviews.