North and South stands

Moderator: moderators

dingodublin
Beginner

North and South stands

Post by dingodublin »

Lads,

I have been looking at the team exchange facility as a means to buy a cuple of extra tickets for mates for the Ulster game on Saturday and notice that all the STH stand tickets have seat numbers on them. I thought this area was all free-seating a la Ryanair?

Are the seat numbers purely for admin purposes?

just before 1 or 2 of you go off on a tangent about the team exchange process and how we should buy off each other rather than supporting TM, the game is practically sold out for Saturday and it is the only way to get tickets for the NTH/STH stands at the moment!
I have the simplest of tastes, I only want the best!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Re: North and South stands

Post by meinster »

dingodublin wrote:Are the seat numbers purely for admin purposes?
Yes. Same for terrace (2 different terraces with seat numbers, according to TicketMaster).
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

I believe so yeah, they are numbered for administrative purposes. Its open seating always has been.

Even tickets for the Amlin final are numbered, though the seating is unreserved.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

dingodublin wrote:Lads,

I have been looking at the team exchange facility as a means to buy a cuple of extra tickets for mates for the Ulster game on Saturday and notice that all the STH stand tickets have seat numbers on them. I thought this area was all free-seating a la Ryanair?

Are the seat numbers purely for admin purposes?

just before 1 or 2 of you go off on a tangent about the team exchange process and how we should buy off each other rather than supporting TM, the game is practically sold out for Saturday and it is the only way to get tickets for the NTH/STH stands at the moment!
1stly you are correct they are admin purposes. Unassigned seating in north and south.

2ndly the whether to use ticket exchange or not is an issue for people selling rather than buying.

Some people probably prefer the convenience of using it rather than having to meet people to get money etc. Others prefer the fact that they can get face value for their tickets rather than 60% or 40% or whatever they get from TM and get it in their hand rather than have to wait till they are buying something else.

Horses for courses.

Personally I like meeting people cause I'm sociable. But seriously it's probably because I live nearby. If I lived in Carlow or Longford I may feel differently.

3rdly you might try the spar in Donnybrook if you are near it as they often have tickets when there are none online.
dingodublin
Beginner

Post by dingodublin »

Thanks johng for the tip about spar in Donybrook!
I have the simplest of tastes, I only want the best!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:3rdly you might try the spar in Donnybrook if you are near it as they often have tickets when there are none online.
dingodublin wrote:Thanks johng for the tip about spar in Donybrook!
If you're going to go to the Spar to look for tickets then you might as well try the Leinster Rugby Store too to see if they have any.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

North Stand Adult & Child available - I believe the Child ticket can be upgraded.

PM for details.
Get in the f%~king bag.