Possible Amlin final ticket shortage

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Possible Amlin final ticket shortage

Post by sheepshagger »

Many of Leinster’s season ticket holders may expect disappointment if Joe Schmidt’s team beat last year’s winners Biarritz at the RDS on April 27th and gain entry to their first Amlin Challenge final.

Tickets for the Amlin final, at the RDS on May 17th, will be split between the two finalists as well as those fans who are currently buying them through the organisers, European Rugby Cup (ERC).

However, only up to 2,800 tickets will be shared between the two teams who make it to the RDS. If Leinster reach the final, they will face the winners of Perpignan and Stade Francais Paris and in that case, it is likely that they will end up with more than 2,000 of the finalists’ tkicket allocation.

Tickets for the final have been on public sale since May 2012, and of the 13,700 sold to date, 70 per debt have been bought by Irish-based purchasers, which may indicate that Leinster fans are already ahead of the posse although it’s not known how many of the Irish tickets are Leinster-bought.

With 13,700 sold, and 2,800 allocated to the finalists, the remaining 1,500 tickets (RDS capacity: 18,000) for the final (KO 8pm) will be made available to ERC stakeholders, unions, commercial partners and media.
But given Leinster’s popularity, there could still be a local ticket crisis if they are finalists. The club would easily fill the RDS and possibly sell double that amount of tickets if the final was being staged in a larger venue.
However, the match will remain in the RDS regardless of ticket demand as the Heineken Cup final is being staged in Aviva Stadium the following day.

Should Munster be in that final it’s a possible that 68,000 rugby fans will flood into Dublin over that May weekend.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/l ... -1.1355095
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Possible Amlin final ticket shortage

Post by footrush »

Anyone in the province who wants to go to the final will have bought them by now, they were on public sale until last monday. There was also an allocation given out with final tickets and a Dublin travel pass sold to people who had been to other finals, fantastic offer. The site says look out for returns (their will be from BO), also if both ourselves and Munster/Clermont get to the two finals it be will be possible to swap H Cup final tkts for Amlin ones with supporters who took up this offer.
Flying wedge
rpurfield
Beginner

Post by rpurfield »

footrush wrote:Anyone in the province who wants to go to the final will have bought them by now, they were on public sale until last monday. There was also an allocation given out with final tickets and a Dublin travel pass sold to people who had been to other finals, fantastic offer. The site says look out for returns (their will be from BO), also if both ourselves and Munster/Clermont get to the two finals it be will be possible to swap H Cup final tkts for Amlin ones with supporters who took up this offer.
plenty of i assume munster fans looking for heineken tickets over on toutless id say people will get sorted out with swaps.i left it run for ages and only decided to go do something about amlin tickets during the week there :oops: always was my intention to get the two finals in when they are on the doorstep but looks like i may start the scrounge for amlin tickets soon!!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Quite a few Munster supporters would probably have taken up the two final ticket deal. If both teams reach finals then I'm sure they would swap Amlin tkts for H Cup tkts.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Anyone anywhere have any idea when the 'golden' tickets are being posted? I read that it could be as late as 10 days in advance - if true, this is cutting it a bit fine IMHO.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

domhnallj wrote:Anyone anywhere have any idea when the 'golden' tickets are being posted? I read that it could be as late as 10 days in advance - if true, this is cutting it a bit fine IMHO.
It has been a lot earlier than 10 days in advance of the final for the last 5 or 6 years anyway
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

First set of H Cup final tickets arrived today :happy clapper: just waiting on the Golden and Amlin tickets now.
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

footrush wrote:Anyone in the province who wants to go to the final will have bought them by now,
Think you'd be suprised how many STHs don't realise the deal with ticketing, the sh!t will hit the fan should we make it to the final and they realise their season ticket holder seat/space has already been sold.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:
footrush wrote:Anyone in the province who wants to go to the final will have bought them by now,
Think you'd be suprised how many STHs don't realise the deal with ticketing, the sh!t will hit the fan should we make it to the final and they realise their season ticket holder seat/space has already been sold.
I'd be surprised if that was the case. I think lots of people will be disappointed with regards to tickets, as lots were sold in advance, and the Amlin rarely (if ever?) sells out, but I doubt there'll be many people who will expect to be able to get their own seats for a European final, just because it happens to be in their home stadium.

Having said that, it's easier for me to be logical about this, as I've had my Amlin and HCup final tickets since before last year's final.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

As have I. But never underestimate the non rugby obsessed, non forum posting casual fan's abillity to not have a clue of the crack with ticketing, ore even what day a game is on or what competition that game is in.

Surrounded by several casual fans (and god bless them and their season ticket money) who have only peripheral knowledge and interest.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

What is the allocation for the "other" team. I would assume both Perpignan and Stade Francais would bring over 1,400 knowing it is a sell out game
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Allocation is 1400 between both finalists I think.

Not everyone is on rugby forums or plans that far ahead, there will definitely be some disappointed people once the penny drops that they won't automatically get a ticket.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

I thought it was 1400 each, 2800 between the two teams. Could be wrong, though.

And with that small an allowance of tickets, it barely makes a difference.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Heineken Cup Final 2013

Ticket Dispatch Update

Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets to the Heineken Cup Final 2013 with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the dispatch status of your order.

Your tickets have been dispatched by An Post and should arrive with you in the next 5-7 working days.
Please contact us if they do not arrive within 4 days of the event. Please have your order number ready.

Please note: if you have purchased tickets for the Amlin Challenge Cup final as part of your order they will be dispatched seperately.

As your tickets have been printed please do not submit a change of address request as we are unable to process it.

Thank you for your assistance - enjoy the event.

Best Regards

Customer Services Team
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:Heineken Cup Final 2013

Ticket Dispatch Update

Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets to the Heineken Cup Final 2013 with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the dispatch status of your order.

Customer Services Team
I've gotten one of these also. No mention of the when the Amlin tickets are being posted or the vouchers!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Got one too. I was wondering had they forgotten about me.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

domhnallj wrote:

Ticket Dispatch Update

Customer Services Team
I've gotten one of these also. No mention of the when the Amlin tickets are being posted or the vouchers!
Ticketmaster wrote:Please note: if you have purchased tickets for the Amlin Challenge Cup final as part of your order they will be dispatched seperately.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

TheBear wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

Ticket Dispatch Update

Customer Services Team
Ticketmaster wrote:Please note: if you have purchased tickets for the Amlin Challenge Cup final as part of your order they will be dispatched seperately.
Yes but when? The email suggests they've been printed but not posted - why? I don't understand ticketing.

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Golden ticket package arrived today all together Amlin, Heino and Dublin pass.

Looks like they pulled a stroke with the 'of similar quality amlin tickets' we were promised at time of original booking because mine certainly appear not to be, stay classy ERC!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

OTT wrote:Golden ticket package arrived today all together Amlin, Heino and Dublin pass.

Looks like they pulled a stroke with the 'of similar quality amlin tickets' we were promised at time of original booking because mine certainly appear not to be, stay classy ERC!
Care to give slightly more details about that, for those of us who are too impatient to wait until we get home later?