Wheelchair Tickets - Pro12 Final

Moderator: moderators

BlueWheels
Bookworm

Wheelchair Tickets - Pro12 Final

Post by BlueWheels »

Hi folks

I realize that this is a very long shot but can anyone help me out here. I’m a wheelchair user and my name didn’t come out in the lottery for accessible tickets. Naturally I’m very disappointed as I have only missed one home game in the last three years.

Because the Leinster were only given 15 accessible tickets for the final the only way they could distribute them fairly was by lottery. I just wish Leinster had a loyalty scheme because when it’s freezing, or lashing rain, during the winter there are usually only the same three or four wheelchair users there, I know because I’m one of them.

So if there’s anybody who could help me out with an accessible ticket, please get in touch.

And if not, well best of luck to the "Boys in Blue" ... and I'll see you next winter when only the real fans are there!
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Wheelchair Tickets - Pro12 Final

Post by tackle-bag »

Get in touch with the OLSC and ask them to make enquiries on your behalf. It's a complete farce that provision hasn't been made to ensure that all wheelchair users who hold season tickets have a spot at the final. It takes serious loyalty to sit out front in the depths of winter getting soaked, while the suits are wrapped up snugly in the Anglesea Stand.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Would email tickets 'at' leinsterrugby.ie you never know there may have been returns from Ulster for that area.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Thanks guys ... Fingers crossed!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

tackle-bag wrote:Get in touch with the OLSC and ask them to make enquiries on your behalf. It's a complete farce that provision hasn't been made to ensure that all wheelchair users who hold season tickets have a spot at the final. It takes serious loyalty to sit out front in the depths of winter getting soaked, while the suits are wrapped up snugly in the Anglesea Stand.
I enquired on behalf of someone yesterday with ticketmaster, on the phone - unsuccessful lottery scenario also. They referred me directly back to the Leinster Rugby ticket office, so the wheelchair tickets are completely Leinster's gig. They just said there are none left.
Leinster know who the few regulars are and as far as I know a few have no tickets. In this case I don't think a lottery was the fairest method. Bad form.
Dont Panic!
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Dexter wrote:Leinster know who the few regulars are and as far as I know a few have no tickets. In this case I don't think a lottery was the fairest method. Bad form.
Agreed ...you show season long loyalty to the team, year after year, but when it comes to the crunch, your loyalty counts for sweet F.A.

But they say "hope to see you in the RDS in 2013/14" ................ and despite how I feel now, I'll be there