Toulon v Leinster

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Toulon v Leinster

Post by footrush »

Any info on how many and when these tickets will become available to season ticket holders ?.
Flying wedge
mtleinster
Enlightened

Re: Toulon v Leinster

Post by mtleinster »

We are entitled to 25% of 15,400 so 3,850

I would think that because of the distance involved, every STH who applies for 2 will get their allocation
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

mtleinster wrote:We are entitled to 25% of 15,400 so 3,850

I would think that because of the distance involved, every STH who applies for 2 will get their allocation
Hope so.
Flying wedge
truebluestu
Beginner

Post by truebluestu »

anybody any thoughts on the best way of getting there?

or any hunch as to when the match will be? i'm thinking the Ulster game will be Friday night and the Munster match will be Sunday...

Hotel is booked just need a flight nailed down
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

anyone know when they will announce the details of the match day / time?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

truebluestu wrote:anybody any thoughts on the best way of getting there?

or any hunch as to when the match will be? i'm thinking the Ulster game will be Friday night and the Munster match will be Sunday...

Hotel is booked just need a flight nailed down
The offical announcment will be wed or thurs, there is a string in the "On the road" section which may or may not help.
Flying wedge
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Announcement of times and dates on Thursday.
Smart money is on Ulster match on Saturday and Munster match Sunday with one of the French matches each day as well.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

rooster wrote:Announcement of times and dates on Thursday.
Smart money is on Ulster match on Saturday and Munster match Sunday with one of the French matches each day as well.
France TV sport seem to agree with you Rooster : http://www.francetvsport.fr/rugby/h-cup ... s/journee7 , I'm posting this with a health warning as its in no way official and is probably speculation.
Last edited by footrush on January 21st, 2014, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Hoping to get 3 for this... I forget, as it's been a while since we've had an away quarter, but if you apply for 3 as a Season Ticket Holder will they offer you 2 if not enough available? Or do you just lose out all together?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

AdamK wrote:Hoping to get 3 for this... I forget, as it's been a while since we've had an away quarter, but if you apply for 3 as a Season Ticket Holder will they offer you 2 if not enough available? Or do you just lose out all together?
Adams Park 2013?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

AdamK wrote:Hoping to get 3 for this... I forget, as it's been a while since we've had an away quarter, but if you apply for 3 as a Season Ticket Holder will they offer you 2 if not enough available? Or do you just lose out all together?
They will probably start with one per season ticket, somewhere else it said we are entitled to around 3800 for this, so it depends on how many tkt holders are going.
Flying wedge
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

johng wrote:Adams Park 2013?
Jaysus, don't start Donny off!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If we're entitled to 3,800 tickets and season ticket holders are presumably entitled to two each (possibly three?), what are the odds of a non-season ticket holder being able to get their hands on even one ticket? I understand there are about 13,000 season ticket holders now (or is it even more?), but surely many won't take up their allocation? I impulsively bought flights/accommodation before the end of the weekend H Cup games in order to get them on the cheap (and relatively speaking, I did), but the ticket issue is a bit of a conundrum. There's always the chance of buying one over there but I have no intention of getting involved with touts. For context I was a season ticket holder for many years before giving it up two seasons ago as I just couldn't afford it any more (and yes, suddenly I can afford a trip to Nice, we all need one holiday a year!).
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

My odds don't look too good, worst comes to the worst I go ever there and enjoy a little holiday while absorbing the match-day atmosphere.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

neiliog93 wrote:My odds don't look too good, worst comes to the worst I go ever there and enjoy a little holiday while absorbing the match-day atmosphere.

I can't see you having a problem getting one from our allocation. We'll do well to get that many over there.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

neiliog93 wrote:My odds don't look too good, worst comes to the worst I go ever there and enjoy a little holiday while absorbing the match-day atmosphere.
You can never be sure about these things but I would say 4k would be a big enough contingent for a qf. Don't assume what you see here reflects general intention of the 13k St holders... This is a bit of bubble. They may not use full allocation

I suggest you put a post in ticket section asking any st holder not applying for entitlement to apply for you. And even after that keep an eye out for offers... There is always some punter whose plans change.

Last option... Drop Sinead in ticket office a mail explaining the above and could see keep an ear open for spares. She is often a star and goes over and above to sort people out. But be nice... She must be inundated at times :-)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Even with a tasty trip against the European champions there's still a recession on. I have a feeling we might actually use them up this time, but I wouldn't bet on it.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully getting sorted out now by a very helpful member of this forum!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

fourthirtythree wrote:Even with a tasty trip against the European champions there's still a recession on. I have a feeling we might actually use them up this time, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Given its a bitch of a place to get to, unless the charters / Ryanair out on something at a decent price think we'll struggle to use that allocation.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Hope your wrong. We have 4 out of usual 6/7 confirmed as going.
Think we will see a big crowd travelling, especially as their is no potential away semi to consider.