Season tickets 2015/2016

Moderator: moderators

dingodublin
Beginner

Season tickets 2015/2016

Post by dingodublin »

Renewal notice out today. Prices to be confirmed by Friday. Anyone have the inside track on whether prices will remain the same as 2014/15 ?
I have the simplest of tastes, I only want the best!
nc6000
Mullet

Re: Season tickets 2015/2016

Post by nc6000 »

My Silver STH appears to be the same price at €279. No details yet on Ticketmaster charges, I'm guessing another €15 like last year.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

nc6000 wrote:My Silver STH appears to be the same price at €279. No details yet on Ticketmaster charges, I'm guessing another €15 like last year.
We're they not 259 last year. 279 was after the early bird.
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Thought the same but just checked the email from last year and I paid 279 per north stand ticket before the early bird offer was over.
Think they didn't increase the north/south prices as these are the easiest not to renew as you have no seat to hold.
I could easily buy tickets individually for every game i go to and save money as i'd probably miss 2/3 games a year
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Thought the same but just checked the email from last year and I paid 279 per north stand ticket before the early bird offer was over.
Think they didn't increase the north/south prices as these are the easiest not to renew as you have no seat to hold.
I could easily buy tickets individually for every game i go to and save money as i'd probably miss 2/3 games a year
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

johng wrote:
nc6000 wrote:My Silver STH appears to be the same price at €279. No details yet on Ticketmaster charges, I'm guessing another €15 like last year.
I think ours worked out at €294 each which I presumed was €279 + €15 for Ticketmaster.

Have they lobbed €20 on them?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

nc6000 wrote:
johng wrote:
I think ours worked out at €294 each which I presumed was €279 + €15 for Ticketmaster.

Have they lobbed €20 on them?
You are indeed correct. They have put 30 blips on some of them but North, South, Terrace, Blocks A & E in the Anglesea and kids tickets are unchanged. (There was a tenner off renewals last season though)

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... ts#p582401

Grandstand and Posh Anglesea lashed out of it. 110 extra on a family gold in the gs. (which went up 50 last year, and 30 the year before)
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote: You are indeed correct. They have put 30 blips on some of them but North, South, Terrace, Blocks A & E in the Anglesea and kids tickets are unchanged. (There was a tenner off renewals last season though)

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... ts#p582401

Grandstand and Posh Anglesea lashed out of it. 110 extra on a family gold in the gs. (which went up 50 last year, and 30 the year before)
Still the best value though as you get one of the kids seats completely free - feel sorry for family of 2 adults and 1 kid who pay just €2 less than family gold. Btw, do they ask for any proof of age for kids tickets?

They have added a new 'Student' ticket for North/South stand.

I think it's unfair to increase some prices and leave others untouched - either increase ALL by same percentage or else don't increase any.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
msmx5
Beginner

Re: Season tickets 2015/2016 up by 56 times inflation!

Post by msmx5 »

johng wrote: Grandstand and Posh Anglesea lashed out of it. 110 extra on a family gold in the gs. (which went up 50 last year, and 30 the year before)
Nearly €200 increase in the Family Gold in the last three years has pushed it through the glass ceiling for me unfortunately..... maybe an unwanted side effect of the "Leinster Rugby's Demand based pricing" fiasco will be the drop in demand for season tickets and the need for a much bigger push from the marketing department to drum up demand for the greater number of unsold season tickets on a game bay game basis (& based on their performance this year .... I'm not hopeful of drumming up that demand).

I'm sad to be in a position where I won't be renewing my Family Gold ticket and instead will "trade down" to a terrace ticket (Haven't been on the terraces since Donnybrook - can't wait for the craic!) leaving my 3 Children at home disillusioned and with a choice of watching the games on TG4 when available, other sports, or reality TV. A generation of potential loyal fans in-the-making left with a bitter taste of the value put on their past support.

Over the last few years season tickets have gone on sale earlier and earlier and ticket prices themselves have been creeping up at a much higher rate than inflation (Family ST between 37 and 56 times the 2014 rate of inflation based on CPI/HICP). Leaving the on field performances and league league position out of it, the overall package in the RDS is becoming less and less appealing for families; less family friendly KO times, rising concession prices and finally the season ticket price hike, I fear will push loyal supporters away in droves .... freeing up seats for the demand based model.

I might consider using the money saved to cherry pick games to bring the kids to or fund an additional away trip during the year; I fear If many others take this approach the uncertainty in gate revenue Leinster might face will limit investment in talent and further affect league & European success going forward.
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

This increase is the straw that broke it. 449 for 14 games or 32 each is just too much. Normally miss 2 or 3 games so just not worth it any more. As only 1 game sold out this year shouldn't be an issue getting tickets for any games.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

No reduction for paying by cheque this year. More money for Tickmaster.
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

The price of North & South stands are good value.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

FrankBurke wrote:No reduction for paying by cheque this year. More money for Tickmaster.
Definitely, or just no mention of it so far? (I think it was only mentioned closer to renewal time the last few years, which is why I'm asking)
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

meinster wrote:
FrankBurke wrote:No reduction for paying by cheque this year. More money for Tickmaster.
Definitely, or just no mention of it so far? (I think it was only mentioned closer to renewal time the last few years, which is why I'm asking)
Definitely not. They will do a special offer of only €5 if paid by cheque previously.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

meinster wrote:
Leinster Rugby wrote:It will no longer be possible to pay by cheque, however, as you paid by cheque last year, Ticketmaster are offering an introductory service charge of just €5 for you. This is equivalent to just 36c per game.
What they don't say is that Ticketbastard will go on to screw you to the wall next year.

Not impressed.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Maybe its the cynic in me but I also notice that they picked the time when there are no matches in the RDS to announce prices, open & close the sale for season ticket holders. Are they afraid that people might discuss it among themselves?
A proud Winsome Fluter
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Maybe its the cynic in me but I also notice that they picked the time when there are no matches in the RDS to announce prices, open & close the sale for season ticket holders. Are they afraid that people might discuss it among themselves?
:lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Cheers lads. Not impressed!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
dingodublin
Beginner

Post by dingodublin »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Maybe its the cynic in me but I also notice that they picked the time when there are no matches in the RDS to announce prices, open & close the sale for season ticket holders. Are they afraid that people might discuss it among themselves?
I have no doubt this was one of their ploys. My renewal is 449. From memory last year it was 429. The year before I think 409? Does anyone have the emails with the prices on them from the previous years? I feel the need to do a graph!
I have the simplest of tastes, I only want the best!