British and IRISH!!! Lions shirt 2009

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Leinster Exile
Mullet

British and IRISH!!! Lions shirt 2009

Post by Leinster Exile »

This is so focking lazy its untrue, shame on adidas

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/British-- ... ugby-Shirt
Last edited by Leinster Exile on November 10th, 2008, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Re: British Lions shirt 2009

Post by Danthefan »

I think it's fantastic. They could have put swirls and hatching and bizzare made up shapes and coloured it turquoise and put an actual mane on it instead of a collar but they've kept it simple. When you've shite like the Ospreys jersey going around it's refreshing to see just a normal f%~king jersey again.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Lazy as in its more or less the same shirt as 2005 , white collar is now red and white stripes are straigthened
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

unreal... though the green one is gorge...
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

I bet it's in that awful fabric too.

Must say, I dont like the other jerseys. Last time's were green and blue (which I have), and red and white, and this time they've just gone for all the colours of the nations. I like the idea that I don't look like I'm wearing my country's jersey (if I want to wear a navy jersey, I'll wear my Scotland one) when it comes to the lions, that I can get behind all four nations, and with these, I don't feel that at all.

Very disappointed.

Might get one of those waterproofs, but only because I have £30 to spend at the RFU and I have to buy something (that isn't an England jersey!)
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Just a word of caution, if you are going on the Tour with one of the official tours you will probably get all your gear included so don't buy it. I went to New zealand and got 2 jersies, a fleece, a waterproof, a hat, a big pack back and the programmes for the main games all included ...
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Mach10
Graduate

Post by Mach10 »

claire_m wrote:I bet it's in that awful fabric too.
I don't see the big deal with the 100% polyester. Unless you purposely set about taking them apart, for eg. wearing them at training, they're going to last well. Have had no problems washing by just firing them in with everything else for the wash and there's no chance of them fading. Don't find them uncomfortable like I've heard some on munsterfans complain about and not half as sweat inducing in confined spaces as the cotton ones.
Yeah with one foot in the grave,
And one foot on the pedal,
I was born a rebel
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinster Exile wrote:Lazy as in its more or less the same shirt as 2005 , white collar is now red and white stripes are straigthened

Yeah but what do you expect or want? Its the Lions jersey. That means its red. Its made by adidas, that means three stripes. There isn't a whole lot else you can do with it, or that I would want done with it. The last lions jersey was a cracker. A simple, classic design. You accuse them of being lazy, but I wish they were lazier, and didn't change it at all.
I have Bumbleflex
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Leinster Exile wrote:Lazy as in its more or less the same shirt as 2005 , white collar is now red and white stripes are straigthened
The stripes will probably be the same as last time around on the actual test jersey. That's the way Adidas have been doing things in recent years - straight stripes on the sleeves of the replicas for the average joe soap, with contoured stripes on the sleeves of the pro jersey to accentuate the guns.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Leinster Exile wrote:Lazy as in its more or less the same shirt as 2005 , white collar is now red and white stripes are straightened
Yes, but these features can only be seen as an improvement, and frankly I don't want some kit manufacturer poncing around with the Lions jersey too much. All they've one is correct the mistakes they made last time....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Sea_point wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:Lazy as in its more or less the same shirt as 2005 , white collar is now red and white stripes are straightened
Yes, but these features can only be seen as an improvement, and frankly I don't want some kit manufacturer poncing around with the Lions jersey too much. All they've one is correct the mistakes they made last time....
Do like the green one though.....

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

I don't like soccer jersey's.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

I love the plain Lions shirt and 97 was a cracker but the 3 subsequent jerseys are awful imho. My missus thinks current rugby shirts look like football shirts and this latest effort looks no different. I think I'll look around for a cotton traders version
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dave Cahill wrote:Its the Lions jersey. That means its red. Its made by adidas, that means three stripes.
Are they trying to turn us into English soccer players - we're playing with three 'lines' on our shirts!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Xanthippe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Its the Lions jersey. That means its red. Its made by adidas, that means three stripes.
Are they trying to turn us into English soccer players - we're playing with three 'lines' on our shirts!
:green clap: :green clap: :green clap:
A proud Winsome Fluter
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Sea_point wrote:Do like the green one though.....

If only the Irish jersey could be that nice.... :roll:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

icebaby wrote:Just a word of caution, if you are going on the Tour with one of the official tours you will probably get all your gear included so don't buy it. I went to New zealand and got 2 jersies, a fleece, a waterproof, a hat, a big pack back and the programmes for the main games all included ...
Love the green one .. . as Sheepshagger Tours don't provide such frills, will need to get one myself.

Also need to get another wife beater

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/British-a ... hirt-White
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

sheepshagger wrote: Also need to get another wife beater
No, no you don't.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Why cant they make one with a lion on it?
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

I repreat I do not like soccer jerseys. This is a disaster for what is one of Rugby's traditions.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."