Stephen Jones' Lions XV

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

tones
Shane Jennings

Re: Stephen Jones' Lions XV

Post by tones »

suisse wrote:
tones wrote:DD, Have seen the Tom Humphries article. The usual bile from a petty man and some more - of course I remember being vilified here before for criticising him.
He's entitled not to be interested, different strokes for different folks. But if he really wasn't interested would he write this?
Struggling to see the link between not being interested in the Grand Slam and the Famine, but hey!
Why is he talking about the AIB Club Finals? Dublin fans I spoke to, cheering on Crokes against the evils of Oisin McConville, said the whole affair was turgid and bland. The football was weak and the hurling horrendously one-sided. From the highlights I saw, the Finals were less interesting than sitting in the RDS for the School's.

Everything about this man is bitter and awkward. He's a c..t and always will be.

TBH I was studying so I didn't see any of the games. Would have enjoyed the matches I think, they would be very close to inter-county Standard I would imagine.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

Read the Tom Humphries article last night and wrote this while half asleep, still think it makes sense and is relavant.

I’m aware that a lot of people didn’t care about Saturday but I’d like to think that a greater amount than them did. In fairness while I want all of Ireland to be happy and to feel that bit better about themselves because of last Saturday I know a lot of them wont, be it because of there prejudices towards the sport, those that play/follow it, or feel disenfranchised from it. All I know is what it means to me and those of my friends that love the game as much as I do and quite frankly that’s all that matters!
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

I read something Tom Humphries wrote a while back, seems his loathing of rugby stems from not being picked to play in some mickey mouse-"get to know each other" game organised by some tool in first year at UCD. Now Tom is turning into that same tool that snubbed him.

Its his choice to write cr@p and build barriers, its my choice not to read him anymore.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

I'm still amazed that Jones chose to play Fla' at prop. It's an extremely bizarre decision even for SJ who deliberately courts controversy in every article in an attempt to disguise the banal nature of his writing.
In BOD we trust
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

olaf the fat wrote: I read something Tom Humphries wrote a while back, seems his loathing of rugby stems from not being picked to play in some mickey mouse-"get to know each other" game organised by some tool in first year at UCD. Now Tom is turning into that same tool that snubbed him.
Its his choice to write cr@p and build barriers, its my choice not to read him anymore.
It was reprinted in the Times recently.

It's becoming an easy choice to make in fairness. He used be required reading for me, he was one of the first to question Michelle Smith when everyone was in full olé olé mode. Now I find he is regurgitating the same stuff on an ongoing basis and his bias against rugby is just embarrassing.
A proud Winsome Fluter