Tour Diaries

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Not Releasing
Bookworm

Tour Diaries

Post by Not Releasing »

My First Lions Tour Diary, by Keith Earls

Today joined a team called De Lyons. Haven't seen any tea yet. They wear Red though so must be OK.There are some fellas from outside Munster here who are not from New Zealand or wherever Mafi comes from.
POC and Quinnie told me not to speak to the Leinster boys, as they were a bad lot who might 'give me ideas' and that I might '; Get above myself'. Spent the rest of the day trying to stay under myself. This is not easy.
PLayed the first game against a team called Saffers. The ground was harder than in Thomond, and we played under something called the sun.
Scored three tries in the first half. Jerry Flannery warned me 'I was not bigger than the team' and that I had almost missed a tackle.
Concentrated on my defensive play in the second half so only got two tries. After the game Paulie called me a good lad and ruffled my hair and gave me a strawberry cream chupa chup. My favourite!

My Tour Diary by Alan Quinlan

Played first test. Managed to successfully goad the South Africans to attack me en masse. 6 sent off. Afterwards gave Schalk Burger back his jock-strap. Pilfering it in a ruck was what kicked it all off. What larks! He too it in good spirit, really, and it only took fourteen security guards to hold him back. Roll on next week, when I hope to bring home someone's ear as a nice souvenir of my time here.
Snodser
Learner

Re: Tour Diaries

Post by Snodser »

Not Releasing wrote:My First Lions Tour Diary, by Keith Earls

Today joined a team called De Lyons. Haven't seen any tea yet. They wear Red though so must be OK.There are some fellas from outside Munster here who are not from New Zealand or wherever Mafi comes from.
POC and Quinnie told me not to speak to the Leinster boys, as they were a bad lot who might 'give me ideas' and that I might '; Get above myself'. Spent the rest of the day trying to stay under myself. This is not easy.
PLayed the first game against a team called Saffers. The ground was harder than in Thomond, and we played under something called the sun.
Scored three tries in the first half. Jerry Flannery warned me 'I was not bigger than the team' and that I had almost missed a tackle.
Concentrated on my defensive play in the second half so only got two tries. After the game Paulie called me a good lad and ruffled my hair and gave me a strawberry cream chupa chup. My favourite!

Played first test. Managed to successfully goad the South Africans to attack me en masse. 6 sent off. Afterwards gave Schalk Burger back his jock-strap. Pilfering it in a ruck was what kicked it all off. What larks! He too it in good spirit, really, and it only took fourteen security guards to hold him back. Roll on next week, when I hope to bring home someone's ear as a nice souvenir of my time here.

Excellent :green clap: though in the interest of parity you could have mentioned BOD/FITZ etc wondering why there were "green stains" on their shorts after the game :wink:
Avec des si on mettrait Paris en bouteille......................
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Not Releasing wrote:My First Lions Tour Diary, by Keith Earls

Bloody hilarious. :happy clapper:
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

excellent! :happy clapper:
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!
Lococomico
Beginner

Post by Lococomico »

HI,

My name is Lococomico, I am the Moderator for the http://irishlions.blogspot.com/ which is where Quinnie, Keith , Luke, Rob and others will be posting their thoughts for the duration of their Saffer adventure. THanks very much for the publicity, not releasing, I guess you might have seen it on the Guardian Blog.
I'd love to get comments, etc, so please feel free to visit.

Hasta Luego
Loco
Snodser
Learner

Post by Snodser »

Eh beh, ca sent le fromage Loco.................
Avec des si on mettrait Paris en bouteille......................
Lococomico
Beginner

Post by Lococomico »

Errr, Muchos Gracias, snodser?
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

Lococomico wrote:HI,

My name is Lococomico, I am the Moderator for the http://irishlions.blogspot.com/ which is where Quinnie, Keith , Luke, Rob and others will be posting their thoughts for the duration of their Saffer adventure. THanks very much for the publicity, not releasing, I guess you might have seen it on the Guardian Blog.
I'd love to get comments, etc, so please feel free to visit.

Hasta Luego
Loco
just read it there, absolutely brilliant!
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

:lol:
Summer is ready when you are

future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Whats Rob supposed to have done??
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

Apologies Lococomico,

I got it in an email and would have linked it if I had know the source, good work and keep it up.
Lococomico
Beginner

Post by Lococomico »

No apology necessary, NR, thanks for posting it up. And thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

This blog is excellent! LOL in office reading it. More please! :clap:
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Great stuff :happy clapper:
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Lococomico, what's Kearney supposed to have done to O'Driscoll??
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

jrc wrote:Lococomico, what's Kearney supposed to have done to O'Driscoll??
According to the blog, Rob set up BOD's "proposal" as a practical joke...
josephusdaniels
Beginner

Post by josephusdaniels »

Fair play, some of the blogs are really quite funny, especially the Quinnie/ Hayes ones.
There is no better moment than this moment, when we're anticipating the actual moment itself. All of the moments that lead up to the actual moment are truly the best moments. But, the moment is reality, and reality always kinda sucks!
~Lewis Black
josie
Graduate

Post by josie »

Loving the blog, lococomico. Thanks.
Oh pointy birds
Oh pointy, pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy, nointy
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings