British and Irish Lions betting

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

British and Irish Lions betting

Post by suisse »

This is for the over 18's now...........

Paddy Power have a special on who will start in each position.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go ... x=&aff_id=

Judging my their odds, the Lions team will be;

Byrne, Bowe, BOD, Flutey, Williams, Jones, Phillips, Jenkins, Flannery, Murray, AWJ, POC, Wallace, Williams, Heaslip.

There is feck all value in any of them, apart from Keith Earls 6-1 to start in the centres (a Test match), and Rob Kearney is 10-1 to start a Test on either wing (cracking value there)

Exactly 5 Irish to start a Test match is 11-4
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Re: British and Irish Lions betting

Post by ceemec »

Jayzus. Terrible value in those alright. Shanklin to be top test tryscorer at 20/1 and Halfpenny at 25/1 are tempting but Halfpenny would need some serious performances to get in the team and Shanklin is 4th favourite to start in centre. Meh.
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

ceemec wrote:Jayzus. Terrible value in those alright. Shanklin to be top test tryscorer at 20/1 and Halfpenny at 25/1 are tempting but Halfpenny would need some serious performances to get in the team and Shanklin is 4th favourite to start in centre. Meh.
I wonder can Shanklin play inside centre? He's easily the 2nd best centre in the Lions squad by my reckoning. I would love to see him at 12 and BOD at 13. That would be stronger than the Boks centre partnership of De Villiers and Fourie/Jacobs in my book. 20/1 look like good odds.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Ladbrokes will double your money if 6 or more of tonights starters start the first test!
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Armchair wrote:Ladbrokes will double your money if 6 or more of tonights starters start the first test!
laddies are always very messy though w/ regard to specials. have been cases where they "forgot" about deals they made. the irish shops are kind of left in the wilderness by the UK based mangement, and as a result they end up making mistakes which are then struck off
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

gfo wrote:
Armchair wrote:Ladbrokes will double your money if 6 or more of tonights starters start the first test!
laddies are always very messy though w/ regard to specials. have been cases where they "forgot" about deals they made. the irish shops are kind of left in the wilderness by the UK based mangement, and as a result they end up making mistakes which are then struck off
Every bookie is the same. Know a chap who went into the betting shop of a well known bookie to collect on a handsome L15 that was offering guaranteed odds in Clonmel. When he went to collect his substantial winnings, the shop (and company) refused to pay out on the best odds, and his winnings took a massive hit. Nothing you can do about it I'm afriad.

Ladbrokes (iirc) are offering 9-2 that the Lions will be beaten before the first test match. With games against WP, the Cheetahs and the Sharks coming, it's not a bad price.

PP's odds of 10-1 on Kearney to start a Test on the wing is decent value