Help Please

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

No. 11
Bookworm

Help Please

Post by No. 11 »

Hi. Has anyone got tickets in hand for the Lions test games? I've been offered tickets and want to make sure they are the real thing before I had over the very large amount of cash he's looking for. So if you have tickets could you send me a picture of them please or if anyone knows any other things I should look out for please tell me.

Don't normally buy off strangers but as the offical tour operators(touts) are looking for between £190 - £200 per ticket I had to look elsewhere.

Cheers
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Help Please

Post by sheepshagger »

I only have the voucher so far, has to be exchanged for the real thing on presentation of photo ID from the local TM type outlet in SA (anytime from 1/5 to match day so will swap ours on arrival in Cape Town).

TBH if the ticket is very cheap then be careful, the old saying if it's to good to be true it probably is applies!
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

No. 11 wrote:Hi. Has anyone got tickets in hand for the Lions test games? I've been offered tickets and want to make sure they are the real thing before I had over the very large amount of cash he's looking for. So if you have tickets could you send me a picture of them please or if anyone knows any other things I should look out for please tell me.

Don't normally buy off strangers but as the offical tour operators(touts) are looking for between £190 - £200 per ticket I had to look elsewhere.

Cheers
They're looking for £250 for the most part...as Shagger says, if you're paying well below that watch out...think Saffer residents paid about €90 per ticket if that helps.
No. 11
Bookworm

Post by No. 11 »

Cheers Lads

He says they are £89 face value. They're not really cheap. The deal we struck is £850 for 6 tickets(2 x each test). Still cheaper than the offical tour operators.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

No. 11 wrote:Cheers Lads

He says they are £89 face value. They're not really cheap. The deal we struck is £850 for 6 tickets(2 x each test). Still cheaper than the offical tour operators.
There are some deals going with the official operators (ticket and bar) for £249, whilst this sounds steep you are getting legit tickets plus some beer and food, if you do the accomodation and flights yourself even if you get your tickets this way its still a load cheaper than getting one of their 'all in' packages.
No. 11
Bookworm

Post by No. 11 »

Flights are booked and all the mid week game tickets are in the bag. £249 for a ticket, 2 Beers(cost feck all in South Africa) and a meal ticket seems very very steep to me. It means that to go to the tests cost more than to fly to SA and back. As i'm to SA I'm not going to miss the tests but just don't like when I feel like I'm getting screwed.