D'Arcy

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

garr17
Knowledgeable

Re: D'Arcy

Post by garr17 »

Kyle wrote:Squeeze you did call it, but that being said there was no one else picked, surely that becomes a factor in the debate with your argument. I mean it wasnt like someone else was chosen ahead of Darcy, Geech just said that since there werent taht many players involved in the final then he doesnt need another.

anyway, still would love to see Darce go!
At least he has the consolation of the BABA'S but he does deserve south africa!
SEXTON IS A GOD!!!!!
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

I doubt hes that bothered with the Barbarians tbh,Im sure he has better things to be doing.
Its actually quite an insulting selection considering he should be going on tour with the Lions.
Munster V Leinster 2009-Stuart Barnes
The odds are on the men in red but there is genius in the blue team.
garr17
Knowledgeable

Post by garr17 »

velvitjester wrote:I doubt hes that bothered with the Barbarians tbh,Im sure he has better things to be doing.
Its actually quite an insulting selection considering he should be going on tour with the Lions.
Of course he would rather be going to SA but to say he has better things to be doing then playing with THE BABA'S is kinda supid.

If the tour wasnt on then it would be an honour to play with them no? to play with them is a good thing we can argue all day about whether he should be going or not but he's not for what ever reason the lions coaches decided, so he's playing for the baba's and i personally feel its a good thing for him to get recognistion considering he ahs been out for so long!
SEXTON IS A GOD!!!!!
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

garr17 wrote:
velvitjester wrote:I doubt hes that bothered with the Barbarians tbh,Im sure he has better things to be doing.
Of course he would rather be going to SA but to say he has better things to be doing then playing with THE BABA'S is kinda supid.

If the tour wasnt on then it would be an honour to play with them no? to play with them is a good thing we can argue all day about whether he should be going or not but he's not for what ever reason the lions coaches decided, so he's playing for the baba's and i personally feel its a good thing for him to get recognistion considering he ahs been out for so long!
Where are they playing?
Im sure he is due a holiday,I would say thats the only reason he would bother.
Munster V Leinster 2009-Stuart Barnes
The odds are on the men in red but there is genius in the blue team.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

garr17 wrote:

The Barbarians are an honour and he'll be happy to play for them. He missed out on selection, that's now in the past, but he's almost certainly on the standby list and even if he had zero interest in the Babas (which I don't believe) he'd still be well advised to play for them to keep sharp in case someone goes down.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Plus he is not the only Leinster player on the BaBas
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Darcy had a stormer for the Ba Bas, Earls had a shocker for the Lions.
As I have posted before on these pages, Earls is not a center (doesn't have the skill or the physique), he's not a full back (too small and terrible hands), he is a quick winger who has the potential to develop into a decent international wing. That's it, he is not good enough for Lions standard.
No idea why McGeechan picked him, certainly wasn't on merit. Bottom line is, the tour will be a poorer lace for Earls sleeping in Darcy's bed.
Leinster Believer
Graduate

Post by Leinster Believer »

He was class today.
Woo-ee-oo, I look just like Buddy Holly. / Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore. / I don't care what they say about us anyway.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Blue Man wrote:Darcy had a stormer for the Ba Bas, Earls had a shocker for the Lions.
As I have posted before on these pages, Earls is not a center (doesn't have the skill or the physique), he's not a full back (too small and terrible hands), he is a quick winger who has the potential to develop into a decent international wing. That's it, he is not good enough for Lions standard.
No idea why McGeechan picked him, certainly wasn't on merit. Bottom line is, the tour will be a poorer lace for Earls sleeping in Darcy's bed.
:roll:
The guys is a real talent. He had a poor game today alright but so did 11 or 12 other players on the pitch. give the guy a chance on tour. I agree D'Arcy should be on the tour but he wasn't shwoing enough form before the squad was announced. he's only htting his peak now. On the other hand Earls was playing well and deserves hos shot in the Lions squad. If he were a Leinster player we'd all be drooling over him
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Blue Man wrote:Darcy had a stormer for the Ba Bas, Earls had a shocker for the Lions.
:roll:
The guys is a real talent. He had a poor game today alright but so did 11 or 12 other players on the pitch. give the guy a chance on tour. I agree D'Arcy should be on the tour but he wasn't shwoing enough form before the squad was announced. he's only htting his peak now. On the other hand Earls was playing well and deserves hos shot in the Lions squad. If he were a Leinster player we'd all be drooling over him
How does he deserve his Lions place?? He's not even a first choice international yet.
Kidney thinks; Wallace, Darcy, Bowe, Murphy, Luke and Kearney are all better than him so one would have to question what McGeechan was thinking.
He had more than a poor game, he was shocking. He has raw talent but needs to improve a lot. He is certailny not Lions material and it showed today.
If he played for Leinster I would not be drooling over him as I am an objective analyst of the game. He has potential but that's it.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

How does he deserve his Lions place?? He's not even a first choice international yet.
Kidney thinks; Wallace, Darcy, Bowe, Murphy, Luke and Kearney are all better than him so one would have to question what McGeechan was thinking.
He had more than a poor game, he was shocking. He has raw talent but needs to improve a lot. He is certailny not Lions material and it showed today.
If he played for Leinster I would not be drooling over him as I am an objective analyst of the game. He has potential but that's it.
Earls missed the 6N with illness, so its little wonder he was so far down the pecking order. Remember he was ahead of Murphy for the AI's. he only started to come back into the squad towards the end of the tournament. He was no worse than many other Lions today. He made some awful mistakes but he started to settle down in the second half. Give the lad another game or two before you start to write off his tour. he could yet play a stormer. Anyway, the Lions always bring one bolter on tour. This year it was Earls and I'm delighted for the guy and it will bring him on no end
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

thecoolfreak wrote:Earls missed the 6N with illness, so its little wonder he was so far down the pecking order.
Earls missed the France game, possibly the Italy game, but he was fit and playing for Munster after that. He wasn't out for the entire 6N at all.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Blue Man wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
Darcy was only coming into form when the Lions were selected. Earls was in savage form. So on form at the time you could argue he was the right man to bring. Darcy also has a bit of previous with the Lions which unfortunatley hasnt done him any favours. I would think Darcy will be the first man on the plane if there are any injuries. I believe we could well see him in South Africa this year in a test jersey.
To me Earls is a serious serious player, yes he is a rough diamond but has the potential to be one of our best players in years. Of course he has a lot to learn. He obviously planked it yesterday a bit. I was gutted for the chap. I really want to see him do well and I think this tour will bring him on no end if he gets a bit of confidence. I cant stand seeing people gleefully saying I told you so. Typical begrudging attitude against a fantastic young player.
To say this 21 year old does not ever have the capability to be a centre or a full back is actually laughable. He has all the raw materials to be developed into centre, full back or wing and you say is he is only capable of ever being a wing! He is 21 for Christ sake!! He has wicked pace, power, good footballing skills, can tackle, actually his hands arent bad, he does seem to lack concentration in attack and defence but overall serious potential that needs to be encouraged.
I am proud of Earls and all the Irish players in South Africa. I want them all to do well and was gutted with his performace yesterday. I just hope he can bounce back from it, and I think he will.
ROYSH D4
Knowledgeable

Post by ROYSH D4 »

Brilliant picture and so true.... Darce should be there!!!
"Sometimes the blood of Patriots needs to be spilt on the Altar of Freedom....And that Blood is Blue .... Go On Leinster!"
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

darce should definitely be there, geech has made some poor calls on this tour poc as capt,two outhalves, harry ellis etc .. this is just another, and i'm not just judging earls on his performance yesterday which was awful, but i just think darce should definitely be in SA
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

true blue 06 wrote:darce should definitely be there, geech has made some poor calls on this tour poc as capt,two outhalves, harry ellis etc .. this is just another, and i'm not just judging earls on his performance yesterday which was awful, but i just think darce should definitely be in SA
Looking thin at centre really, D'Arcy would be challenging for a test spot.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Blue Man wrote: As I have posted before on these pages, Earls is not a center (doesn't have the skill or the physique), he's not a full back (too small and terrible hands), he is a quick winger who has the potential to develop into a decent international wing. That's it, he is not good enough for Lions standard.
Keith Earls make a show of you in a League match for Thomand or Garryowen? A 'decent international wing'? :roll:

By the same standards, the Lions party should have selected with about 8 players, given the quality of rugby in the NH this season. Earls is there because the British and Irish Lions coach, Ian McGeehan, a man who won there as a player and a coach, believes he has the talent. I'd rather trust his judgment than yours, to be honest! The nerves got to him, like they got to Luke Fitzgerald in the Heineken Cup Final's opening 15 minutes. Earls will be back.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

if Keith Earls played for Ulster, no one would give a cr@p about him. He's good, but not really worth going crazy over. Better on the wing than anywhere else
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

Xanthippe wrote:Image
Nice.
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk