flan on the lions

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

red49
Knowledgeable

flan on the lions

Post by red49 »

Retired
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Re: flan on the lions

Post by tackle-bag »

Who is that absolute plank interviewing him!? You can see that Flannery is embarrassed to even be on the receiving end of the idiot's questions.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

tackle-bag wrote:Who is that absolute plank interviewing him!? You can see that Flannery is embarrassed to even be on the receiving end of the idiot's questions.
Pat Geraghty I assume.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

ceemec wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:Who is that absolute plank interviewing him!? You can see that Flannery is embarrassed to even be on the receiving end of the idiot's questions.
Pat Geraghty I assume.

plank no. 1
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
Livestrong7
Bookworm

Post by Livestrong7 »

Thats hilarious..what a spanner. He cant speak
'I've played for this team for ten years some guys for 11 or 12 and I've loved every minute of it...It was worth the wait. I love Leinster and i couldn't have won it with a better bunch of players' Brian O'Driscoll.
bootlace
Knowledgeable

Post by bootlace »

Did anybody else watch the churchill cup matches,and in particular the Canada v Georgia match.At half time they showed a cameo of the Irish A training,was that Flannery doing upperbody work?
bootlace
Knowledgeable

Post by bootlace »

I should add,that this is do with a bet,If I am right a Welshman has to buy me a crate of beer,but to validate the bet,there is another Irish player looking on to Flannery's training and the bugger is looking his name,I know his name but it has to be verified by someone else, he has also agreed to accept the name of the other coach with kidney in the little clip.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

bootlace wrote:there is another Irish player looking on to Flannery's training and the bugger is looking his name
uhh, you're looking for what exactly?
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

bootlace wrote:Did anybody else watch the churchill cup matches,and in particular the Canada v Georgia match.At half time they showed a cameo of the Irish A training,was that Flannery doing upperbody work?
I thought he needed surgery for the elbow injury? If that's the case, there's no way he'd be back in a squad/training so quickly.

In the off chance that he went to Lourdes and made a miraculous recovery, he would be guaranteed to start for the Lions in the first Test!
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

tackle-bag wrote:
bootlace wrote:Did anybody else watch the churchill cup matches,and in particular the Canada v Georgia match.At half time they showed a cameo of the Irish A training,was that Flannery doing upperbody work?
I thought he needed surgery for the elbow injury? If that's the case, there's no way he'd be back in a squad/training so quickly.

In the off chance that he went to Lourdes and made a miraculous recovery, he would be guaranteed to start for the Lions in the first Test!
Flannery is over with the Churchill Cup squad as is O'Leary.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

thecoolfreak wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:

Flannery is over with the Churchill Cup squad as is O'Leary.
Presumably just for the craic/support in that case?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Kidney brought them over to keep them involvede with the squad and keep them away from the hype regarding the Lions
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

thecoolfreak wrote:

Kidney brought them over to keep them involvede with the squad and keep them away from the hype regarding the Lions
That is just world class man management, simply superb. You'd be amazed how far a basic gesture like that will go in terms of keeping the players motivated and upbeat. Flannery's presence will also be extremely helpful for a young guy like Cronin, who's from a very similar mould.
bootlace
Knowledgeable

Post by bootlace »

:happy clapper: :green clap: aye cheers I've just won a crate of beer.

The little clip showed Flannery working on his right arm the physio was providing resistance as Flannery pushed the physios arm with his, and a Smiling O'Leary was looking on.