Lions DVD

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Livestrong7
Bookworm

Lions DVD

Post by Livestrong7 »

Right does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD this year for Lions tour akin to the one in 97' and 01'?? I thought they we're both brilliant with the likes of Donal Lenihan and Jim Telfer providing wonderful insights and priceless comedy. There was one in 2005 which suitably was a shambles. Anyway, anyone with any info would be helpful. LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS
'I've played for this team for ten years some guys for 11 or 12 and I've loved every minute of it...It was worth the wait. I love Leinster and i couldn't have won it with a better bunch of players' Brian O'Driscoll.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Lions DVD

Post by sheepshagger »

Livestrong7 wrote:Right does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD this year for Lions tour akin to the one in 97' and 01'?? I thought they we're both brilliant with the likes of Donal Lenihan and Jim Telfer providing wonderful insights and priceless comedy. There was one in 2005 which suitably was a shambles. Anyway, anyone with any info would be helpful. LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS
Hector is doing another one, although not sure it will be the same as the DVD released for the last tour to SA ( which can be purchased on eBay for about €20)
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

No doubt there will be an official Lions DVD
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

sheepshagger wrote:
Livestrong7 wrote:Right does anyone know if there is going to be a DVD this year for Lions tour akin to the one in 97' and 01'?? I thought they we're both brilliant with the likes of Donal Lenihan and Jim Telfer providing wonderful insights and priceless comedy. There was one in 2005 which suitably was a shambles. Anyway, anyone with any info would be helpful. LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS LIONS
Hector is doing another one, although not sure it will be the same as the DVD released for the last tour to SA ( which can be purchased on eBay for about €20)
The 1997 DVD has been reissued and can be got on Amazon for £12.99.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

"Can be got"?!?

It is lucky for Newbridge College that it can at least claim to have produced some of Ireland's finest rugby players. :-P
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

thecoolfreak wrote:No doubt there will be an official Lions DVD
Dunno if it will be as good as the old style ones.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Tara wrote:"Can be got"?!?

It is lucky for Newbridge College that it can at least claim to have produced some of Ireland's finest rugby players. :-P
I wasn't that good :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

sheepshagger wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:No doubt there will be an official Lions DVD
Dunno if it will be as good as the old style ones.
It won't be anywhere near as good but there will definitely be an official one. Its a big money maker
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

one of the journalists mentioned in his blog that they are doing one just like they did in 97, one camera man who has access to everything
shezba
Learner

Post by shezba »

Just watching the 97 DVD. Brilliant stuff. I want Jim Telfer to be taoiseach.
Who the fock was that??? Is that the focking guy who is in charge of the money???
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

shezba wrote:Just watching the 97 DVD. Brilliant stuff. I want Jim Telfer to be taoiseach.
I'd go for 'King of the World' myself.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Good piece - some interesting 'nuggets' there :D
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.