Boks team and tactics for the 2nd Test

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Boks team and tactics for the 2nd Test

Post by Oldschool »

While happy will the result, we can't be happy will the performance and we let them back into the game.
We won't get the same dominance in the scrum and our maul only really got going a couple of times.
Their second half performance with a stable scrum was worrying.
Our back row didn't boss the game, as we expected, even in the dominant first half.
We failed to fully exploit our first half advantage, because our backs showed no creativity.
I think we have a problem at OH, both offensively and defensively, but I'm not sure who the answer is.
We dealt very poorly with the Lions centres and could have lost a game that we were totally in control of.
If Brian had got the chances that Monye got, we would have lost.
The one real positive is that our coach used his substitutions well.
At altitude our team will be faced with mass substitution on the hour and the team will have benefitted.
My biggest worry, however is the Lions centre partnership, they made our defense look very weak.
If, as is likely, the Lions get parity, or close, up front then their centres will see a lot more of the ball.
If we can nullify Roberts, then BOD will struggle to get into the game.
The problem is, how do we nullify him and also what if the Lions pick D'Arcy on the bench.
I think our coach has huge problems and I hope all the talking up of our team during the week doesn't undermine us.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.