Lack of excitement

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

tinker
Learner

Lack of excitement

Post by tinker »

Anyone else feel that this Lions tour has been a complete anti-climax? I was really looking forward to the tour post Six Nations but don't think the whole event has taken off. Even the squad announcement was pretty dull because most poeple got the selection right(bar a 3 or 4 players). I'm not too sure of the reasons because the tour in '01 and '05 were big events even though they were both unsuccessful. Anyone got any thoughts? Surely it can't be because we have lost the first test because since the first tour game things have been very lifeless. The lack of crowds at the games haven't helped so maybe the global economy situation hasn't helped? Are the team selections turning people away or even Stuart Barnes?
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Lack of excitement

Post by olaf the fat »

I think there is plenty of interest in this tour, if they can win the second test there will be some build up to the final game.
The Sky commentary is complete kack- damn awful last night
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

There's a lot of excitement and anticipation about the 2nd test. Massive game.
tinker
Learner

Post by tinker »

Must be just me then.
LCD_Blue
Bookworm

Post by LCD_Blue »

I maybe mad but not that pushed over Lions I will be playing golf when the test is on. I wish the lads well but I think after the high of Edinburgh I cant get wound up over the Lions!

P.s I will sky+ the match and watch it at some stage
ROYSH D4
Knowledgeable

Post by ROYSH D4 »

LCD are you George Hook in disguise?
"Sometimes the blood of Patriots needs to be spilt on the Altar of Freedom....And that Blood is Blue .... Go On Leinster!"
zenbren
Knowledgeable

Post by zenbren »

Bear in mind that this season has been a bit of an epic for us as Leinster fans in terms of duration and excitement- throw the GS in the mix and add a Lions tour and you were always going to run the risk of a touch of rugby fatigue which is what I think it is bordering on now. I'm still looking forward to the remaining tests and hoping for a result to set up the series for a decent finale but at the same time I'm glad that a break is in sight.
I've let myself and others down
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

tinker wrote:Must be just me then.
No its not just you. While I have made the effort watch every game, even taking a long lunch for the lunchtime midweek game, I've found it very hard to get up for any of the games. The empty stadiums didn't help and the only game I've really enjoyed has been the first test and when they walloped the sharks or whoever it was they hammered.

There has been too many epics wins this year and I find the well has become somewhat dry for the Lions tour. I think I'm suffering from rugby fatigue a bit.