Lions Squad 2017

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Lions Squad 2017

Post by Ruckedtobits »

At this point I'm hoping that our complement is as small as possible as I consider the Lions under Gatland are on a hiding to nothing with that schedule in NZ. The impact of those going is limited off-season rest and really disturbed following season, right through Autumn Internationals.

People forget sometimes that the Lions are flying down to an NZ winter and the lack of a summer of sunshine (even just 6 weeks) has a very debilitating impact for between 6 & 9 months.
Lar
Mullet

Re: Lions Squad 2017

Post by Lar »

Ruckedtobits wrote:At this point I'm hoping that our complement is as small as possible as I consider the Lions under Gatland are on a hiding to nothing with that schedule in NZ. The impact of those going is limited off-season rest and really disturbed following season, right through Autumn Internationals.

People forget sometimes that the Lions are flying down to an NZ winter and the lack of a summer of sunshine (even just 6 weeks) has a very debilitating impact for between 6 & 9 months.
+1

The fewer Irish players picked the better in my opinion.
Four Stars