Champions Village

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderators: moderators, Ticket Moderators '11

Forum rules
Forum for requesting or offering Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

All posts in this area of the site require the approval of a moderator.
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to stay tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Champions Village

Postby brummie-leinster-man » May 15th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Just saw this on ERC's website:

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/14421.php

A unique weekend of European club rugby in the Welsh capital kicks off next Friday with the Amlin Challenge Cup final between Harlequins and Stade Francais Paris at Cardiff City Stadium (7.45).

Fans will have the opportunity of watching world-class players such as Sergio Parisse and Nick Evans in action as the two clubs battle for European silverware and for a coveted place in next season's Heineken Cup.

Events next Saturday, which culminate in the Heineken Cup final clash of Leinster and Northampton Saints at the Millennium Stadium (5.00), will get under way at midday with the arrival of the trophy by helicopter into Cardiff Bay where a symbolic handover by Raphael Ibanez, representing Paris 2010, to Ieuan Evans, representing Cardiff 2011, will take place.

At the same time, fans can gather at the European Champions Village at Cardiff Arms Park to await the trophy which will travel on an open-top bus through the city accompanied by former Heineken Cup winners Ibanez and Evans.

The European Champions Village will offer fans photo opportunities with the trophy, the chance to meet high-profile players such as Leigh Halfpenny, James Hook, Lee Byrne and Alun-Wyn Jones, Sky Sports pundits, as well as live music, a Heineken bar, big screen entertainment, interactive games, official Heineken Cup final adidas merchandise and a Taste of Wales.

Once the European Champions Village closes at 4.00pm, fans are advised to take their seats in the Millennium Stadium to experience pre-match entertainment which will feature a choreographed show representing the tournament's participating clubs and a spectacular reveal of the Heineken Cup trophy.

The post-match presentations will take place under the stadium's closed roof and following celebrations by the 2011 Heineken Cup champions, fans can continue their own celebrations by returning to the European Champions Village which re-opens at 7.00pm.

Enjoy an unforgettable weekend of European club rugby!
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Re: Champions Village

Postby Scrumdog » May 15th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Was thinking about going to that pre match. Post match is anybobys guess. Nice to see ERC making an effort. Was at the final in Paris last year and you wouldn`t even know there was a game on. Roll on Cardiff.
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Postby Satan's Little Helper » May 17th, 2011, 7:03 pm

most people should aim to meet here... the atmosphere will be brilliant.. and at least noone will have excuses for being late into the stadium
Satan's Little Helper
Bookworm

Postby Leinsterman » May 18th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Looks like a good option for the afternoon.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Leinsterman
Devin Toner

Postby brummie-leinster-man » May 18th, 2011, 6:51 pm

We're there! Should be a few good photo opportunities I reckon. I just hope you can stroll in there with a can in your hand :P

EDIT: Actually, reading it again gets me thinking you do get quite a bit for your ticket price. Fair play :happy clapper:
Last edited by brummie-leinster-man on May 18th, 2011, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Postby Xanthippe » May 18th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Apparently Dr. Phil has been added to the list of attendees - defo going to be there now
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby leinster80 » May 18th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Actually sounds pretty good fair!!
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
leinster80
Enlightened

Postby skercrow » May 19th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Scrumdog wrote:Was thinking about going to that pre match. Post match is anybobys guess. Nice to see ERC making an effort. Was at the final in Paris last year and you wouldn`t even know there was a game on. Roll on Cardiff.

Agreed was in Paris last year. ERC put no effort in. Good Atmosphere around Gard Du Nord after the game but as said before you would not know the Heineken Cup Final was on. I suppose that is the problem with hosting games in large cities the crowd disperses into the city the athmosphere fizzles out.
skercrow
Beginner

Postby bilco » May 23rd, 2011, 1:41 pm

This was a joke about 90 minutes before kickoff ..... One bar and a 40 minute Queue for a drink.
bilco
Beginner

Postby Mackman15 » May 23rd, 2011, 1:45 pm

bilco wrote:This was a joke about 90 minutes before kickoff ..... One bar and a 40 minute Queue for a drink.

Can't disagree with that, truly hopless set up. They were over run at 1:15 when there was 10-15% of the crowd there.
We buggered of to the bar in Cardiff RFC which was slow but only normal UK slow.

Could have done with three times the number of taps if not more. Can never understand the logic, WE WANT TO BUY YOUR FO*CKIN PRODUCT !!!! provide the facilities.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mackman15
Mullet

Postby Logorrhea » May 23rd, 2011, 2:27 pm

Aside from the bar which offered about four taps for a rugby field full of people (seriously), it was great to get to hold the trophy and meet Philipe.
Logorrhea
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Slipper1 » May 23rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

bilco wrote:This was a joke about 90 minutes before kickoff ..... One bar and a 40 minute Queue for a drink.

Yep, echo those sentiments. same as Edinburgh 2009 - you would have thought that the ERC along with ther partners Heineken would be able to run a piss up on a rugby pitch but obviously not.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Devin Toner

Postby osh » May 23rd, 2011, 9:03 pm

Slipper1 wrote:

Yep, echo those sentiments. same as Edinburgh 2009 - you would have thought that the ERC along with ther partners Heineken would be able to run a piss up on a rugby pitch but obviously not.

More fool you guys for going there. For all the many pubs to drink in and all the good things happening in Cardiff, there's always someone who will find something to whinge about, congrats to you both !
osh
Beginner

Postby Skinfull » May 23rd, 2011, 9:33 pm

Sheesh! Give over!

I was in the village too and though the beer was an issue the atmosphere was amazing! Way better than any of the MANY bars I had been in before getting to the village! Also beer issue was solved with a quick trip to tesco. :D
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Skinfull
Mullet

Postby waterboy » May 24th, 2011, 10:36 am

osh wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:

More fool you guys for going there. For all the many pubs to drink in and all the good things happening in Cardiff, there's always someone who will find something to whinge about, congrats to you both !

Busy in the Cardiff tourist office this morning is it!! Maybe you can grow a thicker skin and not take personal offense anytime someone has the audacity to say something that isn't raving about the weekend in Cardiff

Surely the Tournament organisers and one of the biggest Brewing companies in the world would figure out how to serve more than a pint a minute after marketing and pushing the Fanzone in the build up to the match. Like a lot of people we had one beer there and then adjourned to the cardiff clubhouse. The barstaff in the Fanzone seemed genuinely shocked when people ordered a Heineken!!
waterboy
Graduate

Postby Sea_point » May 24th, 2011, 12:28 pm

waterboy wrote:
osh wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:[quote="bilco"This was a joke about 90 minutes before kickoff ..... One bar and a 40 minute Queue for a drink.[/quoteYep, echo those sentiments. same as Edinburgh 2009 - you would have thought that the ERC along with ther partners Heineken would be able to run a piss up on a rugby pitch but obviously not.

Busy in the Cardiff tourist office this morning is it!! Maybe you can grow a thicker skin and not take personal offense anytime someone has the audacity to say something that isn't raving about the weekend in Cardiff

Surely the Tournament organisers and one of the biggest Brewing companies in the world would figure out how to serve more than a pint a minute after marketing and pushing the Fanzone in the build up to the match. Like a lot of people we had one beer there and then adjourned to the cardiff clubhouse. The barstaff in the Fanzone seemed genuinely shocked when people ordered a Heineken!!

Don't even get started about their efforts in the Stadium, they insist on installing all their own equipment in the stadium bars and then it doesn't work (again - and it''s the same cr@p every year). This is not some small brewery we're talking about they describe themselves as "The UK's Largest Beer and Cider Business" and has 54,000 employeees worldwide....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Girvan Dempsey

Postby osh » May 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm

More fool you guys for going there. For all the many pubs to drink in and all the good things happening in Cardiff, there's always someone who will find something to whinge about, congrats to you both ![/quote]

Surely the Tournament organisers and one of the biggest Brewing companies in the world would figure out how to serve more than a pint a minute after marketing and pushing the Fanzone in the build up to the match. Like a lot of people we had one beer there and then adjourned to the cardiff clubhouse. The barstaff in the Fanzone seemed genuinely shocked when people ordered a Heineken!![/quote]

Don't worry about how thick my skin is, if I were you I'd be more concerned as to how thick your head is! There were many on here saying how bad it has been in previous years, and despite that, what do you do, yeh go to the Champions Village !
I, like many others, posted good advice relating to accommodation and pubs/bars etc, so you had a choice to make, you chose badly that's all. I certainly am not looking for any kudos here, but your sarcasm at my comments needed to be answered, perhaps you'll avoid the Heineken areas in future eh?
osh
Beginner

Postby waterboy » May 24th, 2011, 3:29 pm

osh wrote:Don't worry about how thick my skin is, if I were you I'd be more concerned as to how thick your head is! There were many on here saying how bad it has been in previous years, and despite that, what do you do, yeh go to the Champions Village !
I, like many others, posted good advice relating to accommodation and pubs/bars etc, so you had a choice to make, you chose badly that's all. I certainly am not looking for any kudos here, but your sarcasm at my comments needed to be answered, perhaps you'll avoid the Heineken areas in future eh?

How could people have been saying how bad the Champions Village was in previous years, when this year was the first time there was a Champions Village? Thousands of people decided to try it out and see what it was like, whats wrong with that? The atmosphere in Arms Park was fantastic, Heineken just fupped up their bar service (like they did inside the ground at Murrayfield). To be honest if they have champions village again at a final I'm at I'd go again, but just bring some beers in with me, like a poster above said they did.

Build a bridge and get over it, you're getting all offended because some multinational who sponsor a tournament lost some business and some of the pubs in the area were a bit less jammed for people who stayed in them instead of trying out the village. No-one is saying they slept with your sister and then stole your dog on the way out the door
waterboy
Graduate

Postby osh » May 24th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Water boy, looking at the content of your reply, I'd be more worried that you'd be the type to shag the dog tbh. :D Anyway, glad you enjoyed the rest of the trip with the result making up for any disappointing aspects of your visit.
osh
Beginner

Postby sarah_lennon » May 25th, 2011, 9:20 am

Thread locked due to deteriorating content
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2011