Heineken Final - Getting home

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderators: moderators, Ticket Moderators '11

Forum rules
Forum for requesting or offering Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

All posts in this area of the site require the approval of a moderator.
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to stay tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Heineken Final - Getting home

Postby mtleinster » April 27th, 2011, 1:07 pm

I have booked the ferry from HHD to DUB for Sunday 22-May (leaving 13:50), but there is no trains (Cardiff to Dublin) at this time

Would there be any interest getting a coach organised from Cardif to HHD?
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
mtleinster
Enlightened

Re: Heineken Final - Getting home

Postby mtleinster » April 27th, 2011, 1:33 pm

~Should be woth noting that it was €70 return for Sail and Rail to Cardiff and then just Sail back home with Stenna line

That is Nothing
mtleinster
Enlightened

Postby johng » April 27th, 2011, 1:39 pm

mtleinster wrote:~Should be woth noting that it was €70 return for Sail and Rail to Cardiff and then just Sail back home with Stenna line

That is Nothing

You sure the sail and rail does not go through Rosslaire?

Cardiff to Hollyhead is a nightmare.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby mtleinster » April 27th, 2011, 1:53 pm

johng wrote:
mtleinster wrote:~Should be woth noting that it was €70 return for Sail and Rail to Cardiff and then just Sail back home with Stenna line

That is Nothing

It might do, but Rosslare to Dublin is a nightmare

The less transfers the better
mtleinster
Enlightened

Postby johng » April 27th, 2011, 1:56 pm

mtleinster wrote:
johng wrote:

That is Nothing

Believe me. Rosslaire to Dublin is a stroll in the park by comparison. Nice straight road. sure you'd hitch it in 5 mins.

Cardiff to Fishgard/Pembroke is similarly easy.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby Avenger » April 27th, 2011, 3:11 pm

mtleinster wrote:It might do, but Rosslare to Dublin is a nightmare

Car pool?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby deco » April 27th, 2011, 3:15 pm

johng wrote:Believe me. Rosslaire to Dublin is a stroll in the park by comparison. Nice straight road. sure you'd hitch it in 5 mins.
Cardiff to Fishgard/Pembroke is similarly easy.

What he said.

Holyhead to Cardiff is an absolute nightmare. Nice scenery though.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
deco
Cian Healy

Postby johng » April 27th, 2011, 3:22 pm

By road it is about 6 or 7 hours round through England, or nearly 9 over the mountains. Did you say your boat leaves about 13:00? Best of luck mate.

Coming back through Rosslaire, in Leinster gear, you would get brought to your door by someone for the expense of a bit of cardboard with Dublin written on it. Especially if we win.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby deco » April 27th, 2011, 3:27 pm

johng wrote:By road it is about 6 or 7 hours round through England, or nearly 9 over the mountains. Did you say your boat leaves about 13:00? Best of luck mate.

Coming back through Rosslaire, in Leinster gear, you would get brought to your door by someone for the expense of a bit of cardboard with Dublin written on it. Especially if we win.

Took us 5 1/2 hours through the mountains (valleys?) for the fabled France v New Zealand 1/4 final. Dreadful journey on dreadful roads. Struggled to get out of 2nd/3rd gear. Nearly missed the boat on the way back.

I was driving, my passengers have not yet recovered.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
deco
Cian Healy

Postby macboomba » April 27th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Ryanair to Bristol early Saturday morning with a train to get us to Cardiff by 12:00.

Doing a Sail & Rail home via Fishguard at 2:45 Sunday morning arriving back in Rosslare 24 hours after we left Dublin. €150 all in.

Going to be 5 very tired and emotional bodies sleeping it off on that ferry home.

Allez les bleus!
"Shit like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Postby johng » April 27th, 2011, 3:35 pm

deco wrote:
johng wrote:By road it is about 6 or 7 hours round through England, or nearly 9 over the mountains. Did you say your boat leaves about 13:00? Best of luck mate.

Took us 5 1/2 hours through the mountains (valleys?) for the fabled France v New Zealand 1/4 final. Dreadful journey on dreadful roads. Struggled to get out of 2nd/3rd gear. Nearly missed the boat on the way back.

I was driving, my passengers have not yet recovered.

Well it was 20 years ago and we probably got lost at least once. :oops: Think that was to the Severn bridge.

It's not so bad round through England, further in distance but much quicker roads.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby deco » April 27th, 2011, 3:38 pm

johng wrote:Well it was 20 years ago and we probably got lost at least once. :oops: Think that was to the Severn bridge.

It's not so bad round through England, further in distance but much quicker roads.

I thought you were still in your teens............
deco
Cian Healy

Postby Bosco » April 27th, 2011, 3:47 pm

the Cork -> Swansea Ferry
Bosco
Mullet

Postby johng » April 27th, 2011, 3:52 pm

deco wrote:
johng wrote:Well it was 20 years ago and we probably got lost at least once. :oops: Think that was to the Severn bridge.

I thought you were still in your teens............

That's mental! (Age)
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby mtleinster » April 27th, 2011, 4:14 pm

macboomba wrote:Ryanair to Bristol early Saturday morning with a train to get us to Cardiff by 12:00.

Doing a Sail & Rail home via Fishguard at 2:45 Sunday morning arriving back in Rosslare 24 hours after we left Dublin. €150 all in.

Going to be 5 very tired and emotional bodies sleeping it off on that ferry home.

Allez les bleus!

I have been advised it is about a 5 hour drive, and have to be in HHD at 13:00 for a 13:50 departure

Still for a €70 round trip it's nothing (well, more pacman shape)
mtleinster
Enlightened

Postby Hornet » April 27th, 2011, 6:19 pm

mtleinster wrote:
johng wrote:

That is Nothing

Bus Eireann 002 Service from Rosslare Harbour to Dublin 06:30, 07:30 Sunday Morning. Takes 3.30 to Belfield. Always do Rail/Sail for Welsh game, via Rosslare, as it is the Cheapest. BTW it's an hourly service to/from Dublin with BE.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby leinsterfan100 » April 27th, 2011, 6:36 pm

mtleinster wrote:
macboomba wrote:Ryanair to Bristol early Saturday morning with a train to get us to Cardiff by 12:00.

Allez les bleus!

I have been advised it is about a 5 hour drive, and have to be in HHD at 13:00 for a 13:50 departure

We're getting a 60 euro round trip 4 two, goin to luton sat morning and returning sunday morning!
That's only if we get to the final though
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Postby Hornet » April 27th, 2011, 7:07 pm

mtleinster wrote:

Allez les bleus!

As an old hand at Rail/Sail i might be able to help here. I take it you have booked a return Dublin Port/Cardiff/Dublin Port Rail/Sail with Stena. These ticket are valid for 1 month from the date of the outward journey. That means on your return you could get the early Monday morning (02:30) crossing. I've often turned up on a return journey and got a later or earlier ferry (sometimes by several days). You are not tied to the specific Ferry departure, only that you use Stena Line. Depending if you bought your ticket by Phone or at Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal you might be able to change your return route to Rosslare. You would have to factor in the Bus fare from Rosslare Harbour to Dublin (around €22), as there is an add on fare on Rosslare Rail/Sail tickets for Dublin, which is applicable only on Iarnrod Eireann services, (and the Evening Ferry misses the Train to Dublin by almost an hour). Note that the Train from Cardiff to Fishguard Harbour is a direct service on the Sunday and and connects into the afternoon Ferry to Rosslare. (In fact there are only two services a day to Fishguard Harbour. Both services are primarily for connection to the Ferry service). Stena operate the Fishguard service so you could well be able to change your ticket without penalty.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby Rogocoko » April 28th, 2011, 12:09 am

Isnt there a semi final to be played first?!
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Postby mtleinster » April 28th, 2011, 11:00 am

Rogocoko wrote:Isnt there a semi final to be played first?!

there are aprox 1000 leinster supporters going on a "rugby holiday" next month

After the semi final there will be 20,000 supporters going to a final

I am looking to pay rugby holiday prices, not get to the final prices
mtleinster
Enlightened

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2011