a few rooms in cardiff area I have found

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderators: moderators, Ticket Moderators '11

Forum rules
Forum for requesting or offering Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

All posts in this area of the site require the approval of a moderator.
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to stay tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

a few rooms in cardiff area I have found

Postby jsb » May 3rd, 2011, 10:58 am

Not sure if these will still be there but I sent around 20ish emails to hotels and apratments this morning looking for cancelled rooms and these are the replies with spaces I have gotten so far. if I get any more replies I will post them up as well

royal hotel wrote:Dear ******, thanks for emailing. We have indeed had several cancellations for the 20th and 21st May. We have three Standard Double Rooms avaliable; the rate of which is £205.00 per room per night including Full Welsh Breakfast. These rates are pre-payable when you book the room and in the event of a cancellation non-refundable.

If I can be of any more assistance or if you would like to book a room, please don't hesistate to email back or call the Reception directly on 02920 550750.

Kind Regards, Scott Frankton.

Reception Team The Royal Hotel Cardiff
Bespoke Hotels
T: 02920 550 750

a place in the city wrote:Many thanks for your request for accommodation in Cardiff through A Space in the City from the 20th May x 2 nights;

We have released our last batch of apartments for this period, availability is extremely limited and below you will find the options available. Availability is not guaranteed until booked, these options have been sent to all enquiries and are offered on a first come first served basis. Full payment is taken at the time of booking which is non cancellable and non refundable; although in 99% of cases we guarantee the booked accommodation in some circumstances we do need to move bookings to an alternative development which you would be informed in advance. Please do not be disappointed if your preferred apartment has been booked when you call to make a booking.

1 x Silver Award Studio apartment (sleeps 2) @ Century Wharf, Cardiff Bay £300.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £75.00)
1 x Silver Award 2 bedroom apartment (sleeps 4) @ Celestia, Cardiff Bay £620.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £155.00)
1 x Gold Award 2 bedroom apartment (sleeps 4) @ Ocean Reach, Cardiff Bay £760.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £190.00)
1 x Gold Award 2 bedroom apartment (sleeps 4) @ City Wharf, Cardiff £760.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £190.00)
1 x Bronze Award 2.5 bedroom apartment (sleeps 5) @ Century Wharf, Cardiff Bay £700.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £175.00)
1 x Silver Award 2.5 bedroom apartment (sleeps 5) @ Century Wharf, Cardiff Bay £760.00 for the 2 night stay (stay a 3rd night for an extra £190.00)

We do operate a minimum 2 night stay across the board, all apartments are fully equipped and fully furnished and include a late check out free of charge. In selected apartments additional camp beds can be set up for an extra person at a cost of £50.00 for the weekend.

To make a reservation please contact us directly on +44(0)29 2047 3830.

holm hotel wrote:Dear ******

Thank you for your email.

We have one room remaining a twin balcony loft suite with sea views, Middleholm at £805.00 for the two nights, two people sharing including dinner.

Kind regards
Susan Sessions

Holm House Reservations
Marine Parade
Penarth
Vale of Glamorgan
CF64 3BG

Tel: 02920 701572
Fax: 02920 709875
Email: info@holmhouse.co.uk
Web: http://www.holmhouse.com
jsb
Learner

Re: a few rooms in cardiff area I have found

Postby TerenureJim » May 3rd, 2011, 11:48 am

Thanks jsb that's some seriously decent research carried out and very helpful. Major props if I can get my gang into one of the above.
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby jsb » May 3rd, 2011, 12:13 pm

Barceló Cardiff Angel Hotel wrote:Dear ******

Thank you for your e mail.

We do have rooms available on an advance purchase rate of £240.00 per room per night, room only.

It is a minimum 2 night stay fully pre payable at the time of booking.

We are currently not operating a wait list.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

With Kind Regards

Simon Pascoe
Sales Co-ordinator
Barceló Cardiff Angel Hotel
Castle Street | Cardiff | South Glamorgan | CF10 1SZ
T: (+44) 02920 649201 | F: (+44) 02920 225980
jsb
Learner

Postby TerenureJim » May 3rd, 2011, 12:17 pm

jsb wrote:
Barceló Cardiff Angel Hotel wrote:Dear ******

We do have rooms available on an advance purchase rate of £240.00 per room per night, room only.

With Kind Regards

Simon Pascoe
Sales Co-ordinator

Was looking at that hotel earlier and it was booked up, just goes to show the fluctuation in availability as people cancel. It's some rate though. I was also onto the Park Inn North, they just got booked out but their rates were twice what they charged the weekend of the Grand Slam in Cardiff in '09. Think it's usually £60 per room and they wanted that plus about another £100!
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby Benji » May 3rd, 2011, 12:38 pm

Rates seemed to have got a bit steep. Still would expect rooms to free up a bit
Benji
Knowledgeable

Postby Sea_point » May 3rd, 2011, 2:46 pm

I wouldn't be too locked in to staying in Cardiff being ripped off for pretty average accomodation in a none too pretty city, there are lot's of great town/cities with 60 miles of Cardiff (Ok you may have to go into England, but it could bea lot worse (i.e. Newport/Bridgend/Port Talbot etc.. :D )...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Cian Healy

Postby TerenureJim » May 3rd, 2011, 3:00 pm

Sea_point wrote:I wouldn't be too locked in to staying in Cardiff being ripped off for pretty average accomodation in a none too pretty city, there are lot's of great town/cities with 60 miles of Cardiff (Ok you may have to go into England, but it could bea lot worse (i.e. Newport/Bridgend/Port Talbot etc.. :D )...

Within 60 miles?! That's a bit of a taxi ride to get back to the hotel after a few pre & post match drinks.
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby Sea_point » May 3rd, 2011, 5:21 pm

TerenureJim wrote:
Sea_point wrote:I wouldn't be too locked in to staying in Cardiff being ripped off for pretty average accomodation in a none too pretty city, there are lot's of great town/cities with 60 miles of Cardiff (Ok you may have to go into England, but it could bea lot worse (i.e. Newport/Bridgend/Port Talbot etc.. :D )...

Within 60 miles?! That's a bit of a taxi ride to get back to the hotel after a few pre & post match drinks.

Bath or Bristol are both good option and handy enough on the train (60 Mins to Bristol, and 30 more to Bath), you'd get a few pints in after the game and then last train about 10.00pm. You'll get late beers in both no probs and splash out on Bubbly with the money you've saved on accomodation...

Of course it all depends how you're getting to UK, if Ferry you may prefer to be the other side of Cardiff. Even so from Bath or Bristol the M4/A40 is a handy enough run out to Pembroke....

Basically any accomodation Ferry side of Cardiff will have bumped it's prices considerably.

Saints fans will either Drive or Coach down in the main so accomodation on the East Side of Cardiff should be cheaper. There will be far fewer of them anyway, StadiumMK even though only 22k capacity wasn't full at all on Sunday for their Semi (over 3k less than the Ulster game)...

Basically depends what you want, if it's average Beer/Chips and Vomit then stay in Cardiff by all means...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Cian Healy

Postby sheepshagger » May 3rd, 2011, 6:57 pm

I'd stay in Newport or Bridgend before I'd pay those sky-high prices, Cardiff ain't the nicest city around especially after a game....you'd get your hotel in one of those places, taxi home (if you miss last train) and loads of drink for those room prices.
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby johng » May 3rd, 2011, 7:35 pm

Sea_point wrote:Basically depends what you want, if it's average Beer/Chips and Vomit then stay in Cardiff by all means...

Mmmmmmm!!!
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby Chuffie » May 3rd, 2011, 8:28 pm

I also mailed 20+ central hotels finding them with google maps.

Just got confirmation email from Sleeperz (http://www.sleeperz.com) that they have received a load of cancellations. You need to ring them directly on 02920 478747 as the rooms are not showing up on their website.
Just booked 2 double rooms - 300m from stadium! Won't be staying the Sunday night but happy enough that we won't be sleeping on the streets now....

Dear XXXXXX

We do have double rooms available for the Sat 21st May. However, there is minimum 2 nights stay restriction on that day. All our rooms accommodate 2 persons per room. The rates are as follows:
Queen Double Compact Double
20th May 2011 £155 on room only basis £145 on room only basis
21st May 2011 £155 on room only basis £145 on room only basis
22nd May 2011 £70 on room only basis £55 on room only basis

Don’t hesitate to contact us for other queries

To book direct please call 02920 478747 or visit http://www.sleeperz.com

I'm also on the waiting list at other hotels - if anything crops up i'll post it here. Cheers.
Chuffie

Postby sheepshagger » May 3rd, 2011, 9:05 pm

Sleepz is very handy alright, new enough and very central to both the stadium and train station.

There is a new Maldron close to it, due to open May 2011...hopefully it does, the weekend of the 6N game a few months back it was looking dodgy as to if it would make it (wasn't even closed in at that stage).
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby Chuffie » May 4th, 2011, 10:47 am

A couple more empty rooms. Ouch.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your email,

We have one room available, the rate will be £205 on the 20/05/11 and £235 on the 21/05/11 Room Only,

The rate I have quoted will be Pre Paid, Non refundable and non cancellation able,

This weekend is a minimum of two nights stay.

We can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16 per room,

Kind Regards,

Elisha Hatim
Reservation Department
Novotel Cardiff Centre
AA

Office +44 (0) 2920 475 000
 Fax +44 (0) 2920 481 491
Email: h5982@accor.com
Web: http://www.novotel.com / http://www.accorhotels.com
Mail: Schooner Way, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4RT

With Kind Regards

Simon Pascoe
Sales Co-ordinator
Chuffie

Postby Leoslovechild » May 4th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Have booked into a beautiful hotel in Hereford 1 hour on the train from Cardiff for me and the missus for Friday and Saturday night 130 Stg total price.Last train out of Cardiff 10pm Saturday night...return trian fare for 2 only 36 STG... alot cheaper and nicer than Cardiff
Leoslovechild
Enlightened

Postby Hornet » May 4th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Leoslovechild wrote:Have booked into a beautiful hotel in Hereford 1 hour on the train from Cardiff for me and the missus for Friday and Saturday night 130 Stg total price.Last train out of Cardiff 10pm Saturday night...return trian fare for 2 only 36 STG... alot cheaper and nicer than Cardiff

Hereford. The true home of Bulmers Cider.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby osh » May 4th, 2011, 11:46 pm

johng wrote:
Sea_point wrote:Basically depends what you want, if it's average Beer/Chips and Vomit then stay in Cardiff by all means...

Mmmmmmm!!!

Piss poor view of Cardiff Sea Point if you don't mind me saying. Cardiff is the best location for rugby with the ground being right in the centre, easy access to pubs and clubs and is no different to any city late at night DUBLIN included. If perhaps you spent a bit of time researching the place you'd find plenty of very good pubs, restaurants and clubs that would easily meet your high standards. At this stage I'd grab any accommodation you can and be grateful.
osh
Beginner

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2011