Cardiff Car Pooling

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderators: moderators, Ticket Moderators '11

Forum rules
Forum for requesting or offering Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

All posts in this area of the site require the approval of a moderator.
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to stay tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Cardiff Car Pooling

Postby Avenger » May 5th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Offers and requests in here please...
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Re: Cardiff Car Pooling

Postby bren » May 6th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Driving from London with the brother on the Friday night. Two spare places in the car for Leinster fans without a lift.

We are leaving from Putney at 7pm on Friday night 21st May. Give me a shout if you want them.
On a traffic light green means 'go' and yellow means 'yield', but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means 'hold on,' yellow means 'go ahead,' and red means, 'where the f%~k did you get that banana at?' - Mitch Hedberg
bren
Beginner

Postby TheBear » May 7th, 2011, 5:20 pm

We booked the Irish Ferries Rosslare-Pembroke package for four, but two of our group have had to drop out. We'll be leaving from Dublin on Friday afternoon, ferry at 20.45. Planning on staying in Newport. We'll be heading back on the 02.45 ferry from Pembroke, so we'll be leaving Cardiff a little before midnight.

The ferry is €45 per person return.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TheBear
Enlightened

Postby slyons » May 8th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Myself and my friend are going and are looking to carpool. Are you heading back on the Saturday or Sunday at 02:45?
slyons

Postby TheBear » May 8th, 2011, 8:17 pm

slyons wrote:Myself and my friend are going and are looking to carpool. Are you heading back on the Saturday or Sunday at 02:45?

We're heading back on the Saturday night/Sunday morning, leaving about 4 hours or so after the match. A bit of a pain, but it halved the price of the ferry, and it means we only have to book one night in a hotel.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TheBear
Enlightened

Postby Avenger » May 9th, 2011, 9:33 am

TheBear wrote:We're heading back on the Saturday night/Sunday morning, leaving about 4 hours or so after the match. A bit of a pain, but it halved the price of the ferry, and it means we only have to book one night in a hotel.

I still have space for one more on the same ferries if anyone is interested.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby simonno6 » May 9th, 2011, 5:17 pm

I'm heading over dub-Holyhead as a foot passenger on Friday 20th may @ 14.30 (Irish ferries). Any kind souls willing to give me a lift from Holyhead to Cardiff?

Thanks,
Simon
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
simonno6
Cian Healy

Postby johng » May 9th, 2011, 5:29 pm

simonno6 wrote:I'm heading over dub-Holyhead as a foot passenger on Friday 20th may @ 14.30 (Irish ferries). Any kind souls willing to give me a lift from Holyhead to Cardiff?

Thanks,
Simon

Check out the flights from Holyhead to Cardiff (I think it's Manx air or something) I believe they were only a few quid. May have gone up by now though.

Leave from an airbase a couple of miles from the ferry.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby simonno6 » May 11th, 2011, 12:08 pm

That would have been sweet. 45 pounds. But my ferry gets in at 16.30 and the last flight is at 16.35 :-(

My dilema had been solved as I got a seat in a car but now the girlf has decided to come so it looks like a long and winding train!
simonno6
Cian Healy

Postby johng » May 11th, 2011, 1:22 pm

simonno6 wrote:That would have been sweet. 45 pounds. But my ferry gets in at 16.30 and the last flight is at 16.35 :-(

My dilema had been solved as I got a seat in a car but now the girlf has decided to come so it looks like a long and winding train!

Saturday morning Flight?

Sample the wondrous delights that are Holyhead at night?........OK, Train it is.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby simonno6 » May 11th, 2011, 1:48 pm

I would almost have considered it, as dour as it would have been, but they don't fly on the weekends. I emailed them (manx2.com) and they explained that as it's still an active RAF base they are quite limited with their flight times. Oh well!!
simonno6
Cian Healy

Postby Hornet » May 11th, 2011, 4:27 pm

simonno6 wrote:I would almost have considered it, as dour as it would have been, but they don't fly on the weekends. I emailed them (manx2.com) and they explained that as it's still an active RAF base they are quite limited with their flight times. Oh well!!

RAF Valley. It's an Air/Sea rescue base for Wales and the Irish Sea.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby bgmusic » May 11th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Manx Air 2/Cork air crash/dodgy spanish airlines/no thanks.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Postby pumpingthelegs » May 12th, 2011, 12:27 pm

anyone driving down from london v early sat morning, or possibly friday night? trains are quite expensive but happy to throw in a few quid for petrol and buy you bottle of whiskey or something into the bargain...am meeting my brothers down there.

the train is a laugh but i'm unemployed, already got my ticket thank fuck...
pumpingthelegs
Beginner

Postby sheepshagger » May 12th, 2011, 2:27 pm

pumpingthelegs wrote:anyone driving down from london v early sat morning, or possibly friday night? trains are quite expensive but happy to throw in a few quid for petrol and buy you bottle of whiskey or something into the bargain...am meeting my brothers down there.

Worst case try www.megabus.com or www.nationalexpress.co.uk
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby Avenger » May 12th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Might make sense for folk to try tot up how many cars are on each ferry and how much space is available as there seems to be some folk looking for more than one space in a car.

I'm on the Rosslare to Pembroke @ 20.45 arriving at 0:45.
Heading home on the return journey at 02.45 Sunday morning arriving in Rosslare at 6:45.

I have space for one more in my car.

If we can get some sort of idea how much space we have in the cars for each ferry, we can try allocate passengers who are still looking for a lift.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Hornet » May 12th, 2011, 2:48 pm

pumpingthelegs wrote:anyone driving down from london v early sat morning, or possibly friday night? trains are quite expensive but happy to throw in a few quid for petrol and buy you bottle of whiskey or something into the bargain...am meeting my brothers down there.

Hitchhike?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby pumpingthelegs » May 12th, 2011, 3:07 pm

ah i'll afford the train if needs be you know...just never good to be having a massive outlay when you're on the dole...prob will have work soon but you can't be too sure. as i say, main thing is having the ticket which means i'll defo be going.
pumpingthelegs
Beginner

Postby Aoibhink » May 13th, 2011, 3:21 pm

I have space in my car....leaving Bray at 6.30am on Saturday, taking ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard at 0900 if you want to meet me there, driving to Cardiff and back for the 0245 sailing early Sunday morning. 3 spaces left!!!! Ferry price is already sorted.....so it's free travel to and from Cardiff.
Aoibhink
Beginner

Postby Aoibhink » May 13th, 2011, 3:26 pm

simonno6 wrote:I would almost have considered it, as dour as it would have been, but they don't fly on the weekends. I emailed them (manx2.com) and they explained that as it's still an active RAF base they are quite limited with their flight times. Oh well!!

Hi Simon
I can take you and your girlfriend if you like?
Aoibhink
Beginner

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2011