Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

Postby Seanoc83 » May 1st, 2012, 10:09 am

Hi all,

Has anyone ever gone to London on the Eurolines coaches? If so would they recommend?

Thanks, Sean.
Seanoc83

Postby rpurfield » May 1st, 2012, 10:31 am

were doing the sail and rail through holyhead on friday, the swift craft is booked up already.its just €90 return you get into london about 16.40 and your outta there 9.10 sunday morning back in dublin about 17.00. quick advice for anyone flying into gatwick dont use the gatwick express its twice the price and the normal train is only about five minutes longer.plus last time i was over when you bought your train tickets theyd a discount for groups of four.dont know about other airports though
rpurfield
Beginner

Postby Phil06 » May 1st, 2012, 11:01 am

Dublin to Birmingham Friday night (return Monday afternoon) - Hertz rental and driving to Heathrow (Holiday Inn).
Phil06
Graduate

Postby JohnB » May 1st, 2012, 11:15 am

Staying for 4 nights during which time we'll take in the Final. Return flight for 2 to LHR for E367 booked last December. Match tickets arrived 2 weeks ago. Booked a self catering apartment last Saturday morning so all sorted.
JohnB
Bookworm

Postby elfan » May 1st, 2012, 11:29 am

Booked this yesterday. Think it's very good value. Can switch the brain off for 3 days and let somebody else take care of the logistics. They have similar trip out of dublin port.
http://www.celtichorizontours.com/packa ... slare.aspx
elfan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Postby The Doc » May 1st, 2012, 11:31 am

TerenureJim wrote:Seems to be a decent selection of hotels in the Waterloo neck of the woods, it's also the handy for train to get out to Twickenham. That's were myself and the lads are gonna hold up.

And many of them charge by the hour which is handy :D

(Ok - maybe not these days)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Dexter » May 1st, 2012, 11:31 am

We booked flights out of Cork, to Gatwick - much cheaper than Dublin and they still had family-friendly flight times. It's only a bit over 2 hours away from us now with the motorway. I just checked and there some seems to be some reasonable flights left for less than 200 return.

We would prefer to do the drive on this side in our own car.
Dont Panic!
Dexter
Girvan Dempsey

Postby johng » May 1st, 2012, 11:41 am

elfan wrote:Booked this yesterday. Think it's very good value. Can switch the brain off for 3 days and let somebody else take care of the logistics. They have similar trip out of dublin port.

Jaysis. Life is too short for that marathon. Two whole days of travel starting at 5 bells on a Friday morning! :shock:
My idea of hell.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby elfan » May 1st, 2012, 11:59 am

johng wrote:
elfan wrote:Booked this yesterday. Think it's very good value. Can switch the brain off for 3 days and let somebody else take care of the logistics. They have similar trip out of dublin port.

Jaysis. Life is too short for that marathon. Two whole days of travel starting at 5 bells on a Friday morning! :shock:
My idea of hell.

Fair enough but if travelling by ferry is your choice.( I'm travelling with wife and three kids) then the driving is going to be that long anyway. This way no concerns about driving , parking etc. €300 incl match ticket.and 2 nights in a 4 star hotel, albeit in reading, is not bad imo.
elfan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Postby The Doc » May 1st, 2012, 12:06 pm

elfan wrote:
johng wrote:

My idea of hell.

Fair enough but if travelling by ferry is your choice.( I'm travelling with wife and three kids) then the driving is going to be that long anyway. This way no concerns about driving , parking etc. €300 incl match ticket.and 2 nights in a 4 star hotel, albeit in reading, is not bad imo.

Not mention not worrying about having a pint on the boat or having to find your way around London by car. Half the fun is the adventure travelling with these things.

Coming home... now that's the tough bit :-)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Gonzo » May 1st, 2012, 12:28 pm

If you want to make a weekend of it, Aer Lingus is still cheap going over on the Thurs and home on the Mon. Also, check out flights to Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton and Portsmouth. All an easy trip to London (all you need is a non-drinker!).

These hotels in Hounslow are still giving good rates for the Saturday -
http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Par ... fault.aspx
http://www.ramada-heathrow.co.uk/
12 County Army
Gonzo
Learner

Postby MrCockles » May 1st, 2012, 12:51 pm

Bit the bullet and booked with Killester....I know its a rip off.... :shock: but you only live once and rest of crew going with them

Fly in an out of Luton same day

Was going to get the boat but bit the bullet. Waiting on the lottery today for the ticket if not get it from Killester
MrCockles
Beginner

Postby stuwilson » May 1st, 2012, 12:56 pm

Can't wait, booked back in January, hopefully I can say I was there for all three H Cup wins, fingers crossed!!
stuwilson
Bookworm

Postby Leinster Exile » May 1st, 2012, 1:12 pm

For anyone taking a car down to twickers , I've just been on the RFU website and parking booking facility and there appears to be limited availability at this time. I've booked a space at Rosebine (probably over the odds) but hey its all confirmed now
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Postby johng » May 1st, 2012, 2:04 pm

elfan wrote:
johng wrote:

My idea of hell.

Yeah. I drove to Embra with the missus and 3 kids too. Just in a different place now. (Kids wouldn't want to go any more)
I also have a hatred of package tours, but that's just me.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby Shinnac » May 1st, 2012, 2:14 pm

Flying Dublin to Luton Thursday to Monday €130 for two. Just have to sort out match tickets now fingers crossed!!!
Shinnac
Beginner

Postby elfan » May 1st, 2012, 2:37 pm

Yeah. I drove to Embra with the missus and 3 kids too. Just in a different place now. (Kids wouldn't want to go any more)
I also have a hatred of package tours, but that's just me.

I'm just a lazy sod johng. Package tours were invented for me:-)
elfan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Postby glenageary » May 1st, 2012, 3:08 pm

I just booked return flights via Kerry, very good value at €130 pp

Out Friday at 1710hrs from Kerry , arriving Stansted at 1835hrs
Back Sunday at 1520hrs from Stansted, arriving Kerry 1645hrs
total including Ryanair's extras is €130 per person

There are two of us travelling down and back, so there is a free lift available to anyone that wants the ride down and back from kerry. Only criteria is be at the Goat pub at 1230hrs on Friday the 18th.
glenageary
Enlightened

Postby Xanthippe » May 1st, 2012, 4:44 pm

glenageary wrote:I just booked return flights via Kerry, very good value at €130 pp

Out Friday at 1710hrs from Kerry , arriving Stansted at 1835hrs
Back Sunday at 1520hrs from Stansted, arriving Kerry 1645hrs
total including Ryanair's extras is €130 per person

There are two of us travelling down and back, so there is a free lift available to anyone that wants the ride down and back from kerry. Only criteria is be at the Goat pub at 1230hrs on Friday the 18th.

Was looking at this but also at Dublin - Manchester (out Friday morning at stupid o'clock, back Sunday arriving just before midnight) for approx €65 pp plus car hire for 3 days at €65. Total is just under €200 all in.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby maccer » May 1st, 2012, 5:33 pm

hi Xanthippe,
Templeogue Tennis club aren't running a bus again are they?
maccer
Bookworm

PreviousNext

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012