Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

Postby dmnsctt » January 17th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Just wondering has anybody started looking into flights and accomodation yet for this years Heineken Cup Final in Twickenham?

I've started looking at flights, cheap routes and accomodation etc.

Is it too early? Even if Leinster don't make it to the final, I'd go anyway. Always a great rugby weekend no matter who is playing.

So anyone booked up yet for it? :D
dmnsctt
Beginner

Re: Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

Postby Hornet » January 17th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Ticket booked. Free accom. Will not make travel arrangements until closer to the time. Flights to London would be the biggest problem if an Irish province (or 2) get there. Still there is Rail/Sail or drive over or flights to Regional airports then Rail or Coach to London. If you are flexible you can keep costs down. Went to Murrayfield for a 6 nations game a few years ago. Flew via London as direct flights from Dublin were three times the price.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby sheepshagger » January 17th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Nope - flights won't go up signficantly until a lot closer to the time (if an irish side is there) given there are 4 airports to choose from and worst case you could fly to elsewhere in the UK and get a train/rental car.

Flights to London are not normally cheap if you book months out either - wait for the seat sales (its not like Edinburgh or Cardiff where theres v little option).

London will never run out of hotels so accomodation won't be short either.
Last edited by sheepshagger on January 17th, 2012, 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby dmnsctt » January 17th, 2012, 4:19 pm

Hornet wrote:Ticket booked. Free accom. Will not make travel arrangements until closer to the time. Flights to London would be the biggest problem if an Irish province (or 2) get there. Still there is Rail/Sail or drive over or flights to Regional airports then Rail or Coach to London. If you are flexible you can keep costs down. Went to Murrayfield for a 6 nations game a few years ago. Flew via London as direct flights from Dublin were three times the price.

yeah we flew to Durham Tees Valley and drove to Edinburgh in 09 and took the boat over and drove for cardiff last year...

Flights at the moment to Stansted are about €160 and a double room in budget hotel for the friday and saturday night is looking around the same at the moment...
dmnsctt
Beginner

Postby Degz » January 17th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Once again, Birmingham is your friend. 84 minute train ride for about £25 return.
Degz
Girvan Dempsey

Postby nelly the elephant » January 17th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Yep, a group of six of us have flights and hotel booked. Most of us got flights for €113 back in November...they've certainly been creeping up a fair bit since then(now approx €180 for Gatwick return). We've friends in the Wimbledon/Sutton area and as it's handy enough(general area) for Twickers we're in the Premier Inn in South Wimbledon....3 twin rooms for Fri & Sat night is working out at £440 so just about £35 a man per night...not too shabby. Haven't bought match tickets yet as only cr@p stuff available...convinced Ticketmaster are holding anything decent back. We'll need to be in quickly though if Munster/Leinster get a favourable QF and /or SF draw......they'll go pretty sharpish then...

I started a thread on this in General rugby some time back btw :wink:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey

Postby footrush » January 22nd, 2012, 7:46 pm

nelly the elephant wrote:Yep, a group of six of us have flights and hotel booked. Most of us got flights for €113 back in November...they've certainly been creeping up a fair bit since then(now approx €180 for Gatwick return). We've friends in the Wimbledon/Sutton area and as it's handy enough(general area) for Twickers we're in the Premier Inn in South Wimbledon....3 twin rooms for Fri & Sat night is working out at £440 so just about £35 a man per night...not too shabby. Haven't bought match tickets yet as only cr@p stuff available...convinced Ticketmaster are holding anything decent back. We'll need to be in quickly though if Munster/Leinster get a favourable QF and /or SF draw......they'll go pretty sharpish then...

Just picked up a final ticket , reckon there should be at least one if not two Irish teams in the hunt , with the munster/ulster home semi , have decided to act on your advice "We'll need to be in quickly though if Munster/Leinster get a favourable QF and /or SF draw......they'll go pretty sharpish then..." will go now regardless.
Flying wedge
footrush
Mullet

Postby nelly the elephant » January 22nd, 2012, 8:11 pm

footrush wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:Yep, a group of six of us have flights and hotel booked. Most of us got flights for €113 back in November...they've certainly been creeping up a fair bit since then(now approx €180 for Gatwick return). We've friends in the Wimbledon/Sutton area and as it's handy enough(general area) for Twickers we're in the Premier Inn in South Wimbledon....3 twin rooms for Fri & Sat night is working out at £440 so just about £35 a man per night...not too shabby. Haven't bought match tickets yet as only cr@p stuff available...convinced Ticketmaster are holding anything decent back. We'll need to be in quickly though if Munster/Leinster get a favourable QF and /or SF draw......they'll go pretty sharpish then...

Just picked up a final ticket , reckon there should be at least one if not two Irish teams in the hunt , with the munster/ulster home semi , have decided to act on your advice "We'll need to be in quickly though if Munster/Leinster get a favourable QF and /or SF draw......they'll go pretty sharpish then..." will go now regardless.

As the bould Del Boy often said "you know it makes sense"!............bought our match tickets last Thursday as it happens when great seats came up in the East Stand lower.....all the pressure off now and all Leinster have to do is win! Simples.....
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey

Postby footrush » January 22nd, 2012, 8:22 pm

nelly the elephant wrote:
footrush wrote:

As the bould Del Boy often said "you know it makes sense"!............bought our match tickets last Thursday as it happens when great seats came up in the East Stand lower.....all the pressure off now and all Leinster have to do is win! Simples.....

Sing that no more anxiety, cheers.
Flying wedge
footrush
Mullet

Postby honeyec » January 23rd, 2012, 12:24 pm

My local in Tullow is running a trip again this year for c. €250 all-in. That's boat, coach transfers, accommodation & match tickets. Was fine last year for Cardiff, but I don't think I fancy doing the coach trip from Holyhead to London with a bus full of men who need to stop for a whizz every 5 miles. JWT trip for me this year, I think.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
honeyec
Mullet

Postby Dave Cahill » January 23rd, 2012, 12:30 pm

honeyec wrote:My local in Tullow is running a trip again this year for c. €250 all-in. That's boat, coach transfers, accommodation & match tickets. Was fine last year for Cardiff, but I don't think I fancy doing the coach trip from Holyhead to London with a bus full of men who need to stop for a whizz every 5 miles. JWT trip for me this year, I think.

I was told 275 - they must be after me for stealing their wimmen :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby Flash Gordon » January 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
honeyec wrote:My local in Tullow is running a trip again this year for c. €250 all-in. That's boat, coach transfers, accommodation & match tickets. Was fine last year for Cardiff, but I don't think I fancy doing the coach trip from Holyhead to London with a bus full of men who need to stop for a whizz every 5 miles. JWT trip for me this year, I think.

Did you just use the plural? :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Devin Toner

Postby honeyec » January 23rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:

I said C. €250!

I saw a certain wimmen hugging a certain Tullovian openside flanker in Kiely's on Saturday. Just sayin', like...
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
honeyec
Mullet

Postby Dave Cahill » January 23rd, 2012, 4:20 pm

Well I wasn't going to stop him, not bleedin' likely :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby Morf » January 24th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Is it worth picking up half-decent tickets now or holding on for some better ones to be released in the future? Is it possible to get updates when new batches of tickets are released by ticketmaster?

I seem to remember people getting better tickets in Cardiff last year by ringing them up. Is that a viable option?

Cheers.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby bgmusic » January 24th, 2012, 10:35 pm

You wont get much better than L 25 and L 26 available on T/M last week.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Postby Morf » January 24th, 2012, 10:43 pm

I didn't have the cash at the time, sadly.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby nelly the elephant » January 24th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Morf wrote:I didn't have the cash at the time, sadly.

I think I heard on the radio yesterday that there were approx 35,000 tickets now sold......still leaves nearly 50,000 tickets. I'd say there's still plenty of good ones available but I wasn't taking the chance last week and bought ours.
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Degz » January 24th, 2012, 11:55 pm

I think I heard on the radio yesterday that there were approx 35,000 tickets now sold......still leaves nearly 50,000 tickets. I'd say there's still plenty of good ones available but I wasn't taking the chance last week and bought ours.

I doubt there's anywhere near 50k left, prob more like 30k, tops. The ERC take a huge chunk of the tickets.
Degz
Girvan Dempsey

Postby nelly the elephant » January 25th, 2012, 12:31 am

Degz wrote:

I doubt there's anywhere near 50k left, prob more like 30k, tops. The ERC take a huge chunk of the tickets.

I stand corrected.........most of those will be held over for the qualifying final teams I suppose?
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012