Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: Heineken Cup Final 2012 - London

Postby TheBear » April 20th, 2012, 8:42 am

:( My tickets haven't arrived yet! When should I start to worry?

Also got great tickets by checking regularly. Halfway line, 15 rows back. Had to sell a kidney to get them, but it'll be worth it if Leinster get through the semi.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TheBear
Enlightened

Postby TerenureJim » April 20th, 2012, 1:23 pm

TheBear wrote::( My tickets haven't arrived yet! When should I start to worry?

Also got great tickets by checking regularly. Halfway line, 15 rows back. Had to sell a kidney to get them, but it'll be worth it if Leinster get through the semi.

I'm pretty much in the same location and also no tickets have arrived as of yet
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby TerenureJim » April 20th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Back on hotels for London, anyone got any recommenations?

Has anyone ever stayed here:

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/hotel-information/travel/lontw-london-marriott-hotel-twickenham/
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney

Postby mikerob » April 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

TerenureJim wrote:Back on hotels for London, anyone got any recommenations?

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/hotel-information/travel/lontw-london-marriott-hotel-twickenham/

Well you won't get much closer to the stadium than that! One point is there is very little around the stadium itself, and its a 20 minute walk into Twickenham so maybe not the best choice if you want to be near stuff for the rest of the weekend.

Here are some other suggestions. I live in West London so I have never actually stayed in any of them :wink:

Moran Hotel Chiswick www.moranhotels.com/chiswick-moran-hotel
Irish-owned hotel chain. Popular base for rugby teams playing at Twickenham - I know the Ireland team stayed there 2 years ago.

Youngs Hotels http://www.youngshotels.co.uk/
Pubs with rooms. There is one in Twickenham and the ones in Kew and Wandsworth are also handy for transport to the ground.

Brentford chain hotels
There is a Travelodge, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn in Brentford. Not a great deal to see and do in Brentford but it is handy for transport to the ground.
mikerob
Mullet

Postby sheepshagger » April 21st, 2012, 11:22 am

TerenureJim wrote:Back on hotels for London, anyone got any recommenations?

Yep - stayed for the LI game a while back, you can't get any closer (team stayed there also) - is booked out for the final.
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby sickaroll » April 27th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Have to do two bits of work in London in May, conned the boss into scheduling them 16-17th and 21st - 23rd of May with a ticket thrown in as a sweetner for the inconvenience. Can't wait, waiting for both clients to confirm, will know by close of business today. I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring when the 7000-odd tickets go out to the ST holders, 50% chance I reckon, if that falls down, onto MF.com to beg.

Went over to the Quinns game in 2009, the place is a ghost town an hour after the game, so I reckon staying more central will be the way to go, anywhere near the suburban rail really.
sickaroll
Learner

Postby sid » April 29th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Admittedly I'm a bit late to the party, but is there any way of getting over there that won't require me to sell my car? :?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
sid
Mullet

Postby TheBear » April 29th, 2012, 6:00 pm

sid wrote:Admittedly I'm a bit late to the party, but is there any way of getting over there that won't require me to sell my car? :?

Ferry and train combo tend to be reasonable, though obviously take longer than a flight. Advantage is that they don't go up in price due to demand from events, so they should still be reasonable in price.
TheBear
Enlightened

Postby katiefly » April 29th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Try other Aiports and getting the train to London. Also early in and out flights .
There isn't winning or losing in rugby - only surviving.

"The pub is as much a part of rugby as is the playing field"
katiefly
Bookworm

Postby katiefly » April 29th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Tickets on donedeal.ie being sold for ridiclous amounts!
There isn't winning or losing in rugby - only surviving.

"The pub is as much a part of rugby as is the playing field"
katiefly
Bookworm

Postby bails » April 29th, 2012, 6:28 pm

TheBear wrote:
sid wrote:Admittedly I'm a bit late to the party, but is there any way of getting over there that won't require me to sell my car? :?

Ferry and train combo tend to be reasonable, though obviously take longer than a flight. Advantage is that they don't go up in price due to demand from events, so they should still be reasonable in price.

Try various options outside flying to London
bails
Knowledgeable

Postby bails » April 29th, 2012, 6:28 pm

TheBear wrote:

bails
Knowledgeable

Postby Morf » April 29th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Pretty glad I have flights (Thurs to Tues) and match tickets bought in advance now.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby bails » April 29th, 2012, 6:34 pm

bails wrote:
TheBear wrote:

Ryanair to Birmingham and then a 58 minute train from the airport to London Euston.
Try Flying Ryanair/Aer Lingus to Bristol , its only 2 and a half hours on train and there is a shuttle bus from Bristol Temple Meads to Bristol Airport.
Try Flybe to Southampton, there is a station at airport and its only 2 hours to London
Aer Lingus fly to London Southend - its close to London on train.

Be innovative and you can find cheap flights, I got EUR14.99 to Birmingham on Saturday morning and GBP£23 Bristol Dublin on Sunday. Trains are cGBP£18 from Birmingham and £28 to Bristol if booked in advance.

Lets be there, be blue and shout our lungs out, for our fantastic team !
bails
Knowledgeable

Postby bails » April 29th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Hotels

I gather the general consensus is to stay in town.
Where are perople thinking of staying, it would be great to pick a hotel, fill it with blue and have a great weekend
bails
Knowledgeable

Postby Degz » April 29th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Bails is right, Birmingham is cheap as chips. Liverpool is a good option too, Just booked one of the lads on my train from brum in and out on the sat for 30 quid.
Degz
Girvan Dempsey

Postby John23 » April 29th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I took a punt about six weeks ago and booked Aer Lingus. Over and back in the one day. Just checked the prices for the same flights. Over at 11.10am and back on the last flight out of Heafrow. Now nearly 1100 beans for 2 people. F@@king parasites. But I now have a warm fuzzy feeling.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
John23
Graduate

Postby TheBear » April 29th, 2012, 7:46 pm

John23 wrote:I took a punt about six weeks ago and booked Aer Lingus. Over and back in the one day. Just checked the prices for the same flights. Over at 11.10am and back on the last flight out of Heafrow. Now nearly 1100 beans for 2 people. F@@king parasites. But I now have a warm fuzzy feeling.

I did something similar two days before the last pool match. We're taking a full weekend. (Three cheers for free accommodation!) Was €140 each, now €555.
TheBear
Enlightened

Postby tackle-bag » April 29th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Oh ye of little faith...

Booked the flights (to Heathrow with Aer Lingus) and ticket months ago for less than 100 euro all in. 8)
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
tackle-bag
Girvan Dempsey

Postby sheepshagger » April 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm

bails wrote:Hotels

I gather the general consensus is to stay in town.
Where are perople thinking of staying, it would be great to pick a hotel, fill it with blue and have a great weekend

What's your definition of 'town'? Very hard to get everybody to stay in the same area.....Twickenham is normally popular followed by Richmond.

Booked Birmingham flights a while back, going to get a rental car and drive in and out same day staying at hotel opposite front doors to airport ..back on an early Sunday morning flight for what will hopefully be a homecoming in the RDS (did the same flights last year).
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

PreviousNext

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012