Leinster Rugby Ticket Allocation / Lottery

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Leinster Rugby Ticket Allocation / Lottery

Postby sarah_lennon » April 25th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Ulster have released their plan for if they win.

Now I'm worried that Leinster would put them on sale on Monday when I would be in Bordeaux. Memories of Twickenham in 09 are flooding in

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/10441.php
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen

Re: Final Tickets

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 25th, 2012, 12:53 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:Ulster have released their plan for if they win.

Now I'm worried that Leinster would put them on sale on Monday when I would be in Bordeaux. Memories of Twickenham in 09 are flooding in

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/10441.php

I emailed the OLSC about this a couple of weeks ago

GOM wrote: I wonder if you could raise a flag with LR on something that was a problem in 2009.

The ERC will want LR to commit to a certain number of tickets for the HC final if they win the semi. This means that emails are sent out on the evening of the SF and tickets could go on sale on the Monday, a time when a lot of the fans will still be in France and may not have access to emails. Would it be possible for LR to take advance booking for final tickets before the SF or at least find a way not to discommode anyone who purchased a SF ticket from them?

and got the following response from them

OLSC wrote:We are already looking at how ticketing would work for the final should we win in Bordeaux, taking into account supporters who may not
be back in Ireland until Monday/Tuesday.

The ERC has certain rules about when final tickets go on sale, we'll be working with Leinster Rugby to try and accommodate supporters as much as possible.

A further response would be good, giving that some of us are travelling on Friday
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby sarah_lennon » April 26th, 2012, 10:16 am

That doesn't reassure me one iota
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen

Postby HUDSOC » April 26th, 2012, 11:00 am

sarah_lennon wrote:That doesn't reassure me one iota

Hope it all works out but out of interest what happened in 2009 ? And where did Twickenham come in to the picture then (or do you mean Edinburgh where the final was held ?)
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Postby sarah_lennon » April 26th, 2012, 11:22 am

Sorry - when we were at the QF Vs Harlequins, the tickets for the Semi Final Vs Munster went on sale at 9am the Monday morning. My group were all still over in Twickenham. I think the ERC actually wanted to sell the tickets while we were still in the Stoop on the Sunday.

Suffice it to say there was a large bleary eyed queue for the internet kiosk in my hotel on the Monday morning
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen

Postby HUDSOC » April 26th, 2012, 11:54 am

sarah_lennon wrote:Sorry - when we were at the QF Vs Harlequins, the tickets for the Semi Final Vs Munster went on sale at 9am the Monday morning. My group were all still over in Twickenham. I think the ERC actually wanted to sell the tickets while we were still in the Stoop on the Sunday.

Suffice it to say there was a large bleary eyed queue for the internet kiosk in my hotel on the Monday morning

ok - am with you now - was at the Stoop myself that great day but as live in London didn't have to travel too far so wasn't faced with the same dilemma as the faithful who travelled over in respect of tickets for the semi.Any fingers and everything else crossed this time round.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Postby johng » April 26th, 2012, 12:21 pm

HUDSOC wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Sorry - when we were at the QF Vs Harlequins, the tickets for the Semi Final Vs Munster went on sale at 9am the Monday morning. My group were all still over in Twickenham. I think the ERC actually wanted to sell the tickets while we were still in the Stoop on the Sunday.

ok - am with you now - was at the Stoop myself that great day but as live in London didn't have to travel too far so wasn't faced with the same dilemma as the faithful who travelled over in respect of tickets for the semi.Any fingers and everything else crossed this time round.

In 09 I booked them in the hotel because I brought my laptop. :)

Nowadays you can do it on a smartphone. Feck the roaming charges.
johng
Leo Cullen

Postby Taffy Dub » April 29th, 2012, 5:08 pm

There are still some tickets available on the ticketline uk website. I just bought two!
Taffy Dub
Learner

Postby Blåränderna » April 29th, 2012, 5:21 pm

I'll buy as many as I can when the allocation comes out and I'll only take two, one for myself and my old man. I'll sell, at face value obviously, any extras I get to proper fans on this site that need them.
Blåränderna
Graduate

Postby el_pollo_loco » April 29th, 2012, 5:26 pm

3 season ticket holders in my family - will be looking for 4 tickets in total - unreal semi !
el_pollo_loco
Beginner

Postby FLIP » April 29th, 2012, 5:59 pm

EDIT: ignore
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet

Postby jordanracer » April 29th, 2012, 6:05 pm

email from Leinster Rugby in inbox now, STH/ Blues have until Tue evening to enter lottery, up to 4 tickets can be applied for, different price levels but no choice there, you take what you are offered
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Postby akka » April 29th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Anyone help me ,I'm v confused.

I have 2 season tickets, and want two tickets for final if successful in lottery. But should I apply for one ticket on each ST or for two tickets on one ST?

Obviously I want two tickets together if I can get them
akka
Beginner

Postby Leinster_Dave » April 29th, 2012, 9:21 pm

im a sth but dont fancy getting the 100 quid tickets in the lottery, pain in the ass the way you cannot pick the category you want if you get picked out!
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Postby ARCD » April 29th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Entered the lottery for two, but it looks like I have my own ticket sorted regardless (waiting on final confirmation).

If I end up with spares I will gladly send them on to Leinster supporters here at face value.

Edit: NO SPARES LEFT
Last edited by ARCD on May 2nd, 2012, 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ARCD
Learner

Postby rosscarrick » April 29th, 2012, 10:12 pm

I have three ST accounts, I only require 2 tickets.
Planned to enter the lottery for two on all three accounts and refuse if I get them on the other accounts.
But I see on the email that you will be automatically deducted the price if you are successful.
And you cannot select the price group you want to be in. So I might have to pay €98.50 x2 and sit on premier level in the corner :shock:
The French are predictably unpredictable
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Postby Mackman15 » April 30th, 2012, 12:43 am

Lottery entered - let the games/ arguments begin.

(Nice acknowledgement of the Site in the email).
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mackman15
Mullet

Postby etak252 » April 30th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I have applied for 8 tickets in lottery but only need 4. Will sell any extra tickets here at face value if I get them.
etak252
Beginner

Postby mtleinster » April 30th, 2012, 2:04 pm

etak252 wrote:I have applied for 8 tickets in lottery but only need 4. Will sell any extra tickets here at face value if I get them.

I have applied for four but we may need 8 together, would it be possible to swap if they are similar tickets. obviously difference € will be settled
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
mtleinster
Enlightened

Postby etak252 » April 30th, 2012, 2:05 pm

No problem sounds good
etak252
Beginner

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012