Ferry Travel to Uk for final

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Ferry Travel to Uk for final

Postby Bernic » April 30th, 2012, 9:47 pm

For anyone thinking of travelling by ferry to the final and hasn't booked yet, it is cheaper to book on the holiday and breaks section than on the ferry only bit (Stena Line), doesn't make sense as to why but is defo cheaper and you get 1 nights hotel.
Bernic
Beginner

Re: Ferry Travel to Uk for final

Postby Amz » April 30th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up. We'll probably be going the ferry route again. (Hopefully without the horrendous return trip this time!)
Amz
Mullet

Postby elfan » May 1st, 2012, 11:38 am

Let someone worry about the driving
http://www.celtichorizontours.com/packa ... slare.aspx
elfan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Postby Grumpy Old Man » May 1st, 2012, 7:26 pm

Bernic wrote:For anyone thinking of travelling by ferry to the final and hasn't booked yet, it is cheaper to book on the holiday and breaks section than on the ferry only bit (Stena Line), doesn't make sense as to why but is defo cheaper and you get 1 nights hotel.

Thanks for that. Booked to stay in Warwick on Friday & Saturday evening.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby facundo64 » May 2nd, 2012, 9:23 am

Just been checking what deals are available around the place. Seems to me that the best package is €225 for coach & ferry travelling from Dublin through Rosslare/Fishguard, staying 2 nights B&B in a 4* hotel in Reading, match transfers from Celtic Horizon Tours. They also have an offer for Clubs and Groups of €189 per person for travel from Dublin via Holyhead staying in Coventry for 2 nights and match transfers but you must have at least 40 persons for this to work. They only have a small number of match tickets left and they are honest enough to sell them at face value £60/€75.

Mod Edit - Their leinsterfans.com special price (€215) is available. More details here: http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21460
facundo64

Postby disco » May 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm

If you are booking a car rental at Holyhead, try the Hertz link from the Aer Lingus site.
I got a car from Friday to Sunday for €38, which is €10 less than via the Hertz site directly.
I'm assuming there is some way to return the car on a Sunday.
disco
Beginner

Postby dhampson2000 » May 4th, 2012, 11:09 pm

1 spare Rail & Sail tkt for 18th coming back on 20th. Dub Holyhead London. €110. Could sort out a tkt to match also.
dhampson2000
Beginner

Postby The Guru » May 5th, 2012, 8:45 pm

dhampson2000 wrote:1 spare Rail & Sail tkt for 18th coming back on 20th. Dub Holyhead London. €110. Could sort out a tkt to match also.

PM'd
Fr. B's philisophical genius:

X -> X
The Guru
Bookworm

Postby Blåränderna » May 7th, 2012, 12:31 pm

We're getting the ferry at stupid-o-clock in the morning and then driving down. Actually looking forward to flooring it on the M1.
Blåränderna
Graduate

Postby Leinster_Dave » May 7th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Blåränderna wrote:We're getting the ferry at stupid-o-clock in the morning and then driving down. Actually looking forward to flooring it on the M1.

the 2am sailing n friday night/saturday morning from dub port to holyhead per chance? Am on that one meself
Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Postby Blåränderna » May 8th, 2012, 10:37 am

Leinster_Dave wrote:
Blåränderna wrote:We're getting the ferry at stupid-o-clock in the morning and then driving down. Actually looking forward to flooring it on the M1.

the 2am sailing n friday night/saturday morning from dub port to holyhead per chance? Am on that one meself

Yep, well, 2:45 or something? Same one anyway.
Blåränderna
Graduate

Postby rpurfield » May 8th, 2012, 9:46 pm

i booked sail rail with irish ferries.now id looked at stena and they had the train times up on their site but they arent right, so if anyone looked at that check it out before ya travel!!gonna be leaving london an hour earlier than i thought
rpurfield
Beginner

Postby Hornet » May 8th, 2012, 10:36 pm

rpurfield wrote:i booked sail rail with irish ferries.now id looked at stena and they had the train times up on their site but they arent right, so if anyone looked at that check it out before ya travel!!gonna be leaving london an hour earlier than i thought

Probably still taking the times from the winter timetable. New GB summer timetable starts 14th May. Links below are timetables from Holyhead and Fishguard to London commencing 14th May.
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%20d ... %20081.pdf (Holyhead)
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%20d ... %20128.pdf (Fishguard)
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby berniemac67 » May 9th, 2012, 11:12 am

why the M1?
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
berniemac67
Mullet

Postby mauler72 » May 9th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I regularly drive this route and would suggest the M6 - M6 (Tolled) - M40 route. M1 is usually a nightmare for the last stretch before the M25. There are ongoing roadworks at M1/M25 junction which can cause delays, particularly at weekends. If you are "Opening Up" dont do it on the Toll road, the cops use unmarked BMWs and Audis for mobile speed checks.
mauler72
Learner

Postby toffblue » May 9th, 2012, 1:19 pm

mauler72 wrote:I regularly drive this route and would suggest the M6 - M6 (Tolled) - M40 route. M1 is usually a nightmare for the last stretch before the M25. There are ongoing roadworks at M1/M25 junction which can cause delays, particularly at weekends. If you are "Opening Up" dont do it on the Toll road, the cops use unmarked BMWs and Audis for mobile speed checks.

Mauler, what's the usual travel time for the journey to West London? And thanks for the tip for the M6 toll.... :wink:
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
toffblue
Bookworm

Postby Blåränderna » May 9th, 2012, 2:58 pm

berniemac67 wrote:

why the M1?

That's the route google told me to take?

mauler72 wrote:I regularly drive this route and would suggest the M6 - M6 (Tolled) - M40 route. M1 is usually a nightmare for the last stretch before the M25. There are ongoing roadworks at M1/M25 junction which can cause delays, particularly at weekends. If you are "Opening Up" dont do it on the Toll road, the cops use unmarked BMWs and Audis for mobile speed checks.

Good to know, thanks.
Blåränderna
Graduate

Postby Xanthippe » May 9th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Blåränderna wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:

why the M1?

That's the route google told me to take?

That's interesting 'cause it told me to take the A5 and M40.

Can they do you for speeding if your car doesn't give speed in miles per hour - my speedometer is in km per hour only?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Hornet » May 9th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Xanthippe wrote:Can they do you for speeding if your car doesn't give speed in miles per hour - my speedometer is in km per hour only?

Yes, and if you want to argue the case they wil make the onward journey very difficult for you. UK Traffic Police are not the nicest people if you cross them. I have to reprogramme my Motorcycle's speedo to conform to UK laws every time I go over. Just for info for those travelling there is a vehicle check point which is occasionally manned on the A55 just outside Holyhead, also on the A5 near Shrewsbury. Also I have been pulled over for a vehicle check (tyres, tax, insurance, etc, and they have the power to confiscate your car if you have no up to date Tax or Insurance), in service stations and on Motorway slip roads. Don't even think of Drink Driving or speeding 30mph over the limit. The Jam Sandwich squad take a very dim view on that.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby Xanthippe » May 9th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Hornet wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:Can they do you for speeding if your car doesn't give speed in miles per hour - my speedometer is in km per hour only?

Yes, and if you want to argue the case they wil make the onward journey very difficult for you. UK Traffic Police are not the nicest people if you cross them. I have to reprogramme my Motorcycle's speedo to conform to UK laws every time I go over. Just for info for those travelling there is a vehicle check point which is occasionally manned on the A55 just outside Holyhead, also on the A5 near Shrewsbury. Also I have been pulled over for a vehicle check (tyres, tax, insurance, etc, and they have the power to confiscate your car if you have no up to date Tax or Insurance), in service stations and on Motorway slip roads. Don't even think of Drink Driving or speeding 30mph over the limit. The Jam Sandwich squad take a very dim view on that.

Thanks for the warning - I always thought you were exempt.

As far as I know my sat nav gives the converted speeds so I'll just have to make sure it's turned on.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012