Tickets Offered / Requested - How does it work?

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Tickets Offered / Requested - How does it work?

Postby [Jackass] » May 2nd, 2012, 7:36 pm

Just wondering how the system works. So if there's lots of people on the wanted thread, and then someone posts on the offered thread, does that just mean first come first served on offered, or does it go down in order on the wanted thread how they're offered? Just not sure, maybe one thread is better and when people are sorted they get knocked off the list and next in line can ask for any more tickets that people are kind enough to offer?
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
[Jackass]
Malcolm O'Kelly

Re: Tickets Offered / Requested - How does it work?

Postby ShayG » May 2nd, 2012, 7:57 pm

That is a good question, I have put one in the requested section and I'm sure it will get lost in the list.
ShayG
Beginner

Postby limecat » May 2nd, 2012, 9:49 pm

Definitely a good question. I'll bring it to the attention of the other mods for discussion and hopefully we'll be able to work out something fairer.

I suppose that one of the issues is that Leinster Rugby are actively sending people to the forum this year, but didn't in previous years, so there's a hugely increased list of requests. I just checked and there were three pages in the ticket request thread last year, so it was much easier to manage.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Postby Dave Cahill » May 2nd, 2012, 10:09 pm

Munsterfans have a good system. A single ticket thread is opened and managed by a moderator. People who want tickets post into the thread, then the moderator edits the first post to add those names to the list. People who have tickets to offer can then PM those who need tickets. Usual rules about face value and using PMs apply etc.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby Benji » May 3rd, 2012, 10:03 am

Is there any chance we could get some type of list going? It might make the process easier for people and less time bumping or repeating stories and requests.

Benji X 2
Benji
Knowledgeable

Postby Avenger » May 3rd, 2012, 10:21 am

Benji wrote:Is there any chance we could get some type of list going? It might make the process easier for people and less time bumping or repeating stories and requests.

Benji X 2

That is being worked on at the moment.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Benji » May 3rd, 2012, 11:07 am

Avenger wrote:
Benji wrote:Is there any chance we could get some type of list going? It might make the process easier for people and less time bumping or repeating stories and requests.

Benji X 2

That is being worked on at the moment.

Can we do it in alphabetical order :D :D
It might help my cause
Benji
Knowledgeable

Postby Dexter » May 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm

Quick question: any views on how long to wait after your offer has been read, but not replied to? 2 or 3 hours a bit quick to move on to the next requestor??
Dont Panic!
Dexter
Girvan Dempsey

Postby vhibbert » May 3rd, 2012, 6:29 pm

Yup, my post is already lost in the masses on Tickets Requested and newer posts are getting the offers. Disappointing. :(
vhibbert

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012