HEC Final Ticket Collection Box Office

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

HEC Final Ticket Collection Box Office

Postby desperado » May 5th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Anyone else in this situation? Seemed a bit ridiculous, but when buying on TickedTouter.co.uk; there was no postal option to an Irish address. Even when purchased through TickedTouter.ie ..... which linked directly to the uk site that was also the case. Had to select Box office collection. Have found out at least that the location of the box office is at the SE corner near junction of Whitton/Rugby Roads. Does anyone have any detail on openning times/hours because I can't get it. I'm in the US so its doubly difficult to call/get in contact with them.
desperado
Enlightened

Re: HEC Final Ticket Collection Box Office

Postby Hornet » May 5th, 2012, 8:36 pm

desperado wrote:Anyone else in this situation? Seemed a bit ridiculous, but when buying on TickedTouter.co.uk; there was no postal option to an Irish address. Even when purchased through TickedTouter.ie ..... which linked directly to the uk site that was also the case. Had to select Box office collection. Have found out at least that the location of the box office is at the SE corner near junction of Whitton/Rugby Roads. Does anyone have any detail on openning times/hours because I can't get it. I'm in the US so its doubly difficult to call/get in contact with them.

Click on link below. Look on the venue details box office collection on the RHS. Hope that helps
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Twickenha ... nue/434765
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby desperado » May 5th, 2012, 8:52 pm

thanks. I had seen that link already. Thats where I found out the box office location. But all it says is 'opening hours vary, more details on the RFU site..... etc . Tickets must be picked up 45 mins before kickoff. Can't find any details of opening hours 'cos the HEC final is not listed on their site! This is the type of thing that really p1$$zzz me off about Tickettout. The charge so much in the way of fee's and they can't be bothered to post out the tickets. Tickets were posted out for the Edinburgh and Cardiff finals.
desperado
Enlightened

Postby Hornet » May 6th, 2012, 12:54 am

desperado wrote:thanks. I had seen that link already. Thats where I found out the box office location. But all it says is 'opening hours vary, more details on the RFU site..... etc . Tickets must be picked up 45 mins before kickoff. Can't find any details of opening hours 'cos the HEC final is not listed on their site! This is the type of thing that really p1$$zzz me off about Tickettout. The charge so much in the way of fee's and they can't be bothered to post out the tickets. Tickets were posted out for the Edinburgh and Cardiff finals.

They usually open around 3 hours before K.O. Have picked up tickets there from Ticketbastard before. There is normally a dedicated TM window. They say they will ask for your CC details, but i've just given them my name and addy and the envelope with the tickets is handed over. (BTW they use the same system at Donington Park for the MotoGP). I sometimes buy tickets using a UK addy rather than my Dublin one and never had a problem picking the tickets up on the day.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet

Postby Lar » May 6th, 2012, 10:14 am

Hang on, are you saying that from the US you can still buy Final tickets on ticketmaster?
Lar
Mullet

Postby claire_m » May 6th, 2012, 11:32 am

You're right, there are no opening hours jumping out! The ticket office is open for collection at least a few hours before kick-off (I work there and the last game I was there - Army and Navy it was open at 11am (when I arrived for work) despite the game not kicking off until 3pm). My advice would be to get there early though, as if there are alot of people collecting tickets near kick off, you don't want to be stuck in a queue, you want to be in your seat.

Another thing to bear in mind about Twickenham, are their ground rules and things you can (and can't) bring in. Cans of deoderant aren't for example and there is a strict bag search.

http://rfu.com/TwickenhamStadium/GroundRules.aspx
claire_m
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby desperado » May 7th, 2012, 4:24 am

Lar wrote:Hang on, are you saying that from the US you can still buy Final tickets on ticketmaster?

No Lar. I bought them the week before the semis via the only way you could get them on public sale - via those lovely people at TT. The wonders of the interweb means you could buy them in Timbucktu if you had a connection. :D a bit piz$d I have to pick them up on the day as I only get in on the redeye from stateside at 0630 on the day. Have 4 tkts but could do with another 2.
desperado
Enlightened

Postby desperado » May 7th, 2012, 4:32 am

claire_m wrote:You're right, there are no opening hours jumping out! The ticket office is open for collection at least a few hours before kick-off (I work there and the last game I was there - Army and Navy it was open at 11am (when I arrived for work) despite the game not kicking off until 3pm). My advice would be to get there early though, as if there are alot of people collecting tickets near kick off, you don't want to be stuck in a queue, you want to be in your seat.

Another thing to bear in mind about Twickenham, are their ground rules and things you can (and can't) bring in. Cans of deoderant aren't for example and there is a strict bag search.

http://rfu.com/TwickenhamStadium/GroundRules.aspx

Thanks Claire for the advice. Yeah I remember discussion on the rules before the LI game - all I want to ensure is I get my 6 ft (flag)pole in :) didn't have a problem with it in Cardiff or v England in Twickers in 2010
desperado
Enlightened

Postby mtleinster » May 7th, 2012, 9:57 am

I like this rule

Unnecessary noise or behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind, ... is not permitted within the Ground.
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
mtleinster
Enlightened

Postby bails » May 8th, 2012, 5:40 am

Some of you may remember that Leinster Rugby intervened last year and the Box Office Collection was set up in the RDS at a game the week before the Final.

They may do that again, as I am sure trhere must be lots of people in the same boat who dont fancy queueing for ages on the day of the Final !
bails
Knowledgeable

Postby sarah_lennon » May 8th, 2012, 10:41 am

I was trying to buy tickets for the Stoop and the Amlin and there was only an option for delivery to GB&NI (2 French teams in the final I might add). They advised me to call them. http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/an ... w/overseas
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen

Postby The Doc » May 9th, 2012, 9:36 am

desperado wrote:thanks. I had seen that link already. Thats where I found out the box office location. But all it says is 'opening hours vary, more details on the RFU site..... etc . Tickets must be picked up 45 mins before kickoff. Can't find any details of opening hours 'cos the HEC final is not listed on their site! This is the type of thing that really p1$$zzz me off about Tickettout. The charge so much in the way of fee's and they can't be bothered to post out the tickets. Tickets were posted out for the Edinburgh and Cardiff finals.

If memory serves correctly - last year in Cardiff they sent a mail out about a week before giving the openign hours. They opened early for that game (I think the box office opened about 9) - and as Claire said - get there early an have your order number as weel as your details - last year it was a little chaotic and I got there before the crowds... couldn't find my tickets for about 10 mins - you don't want to be going through that 5 mins before kick off.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby desperado » May 15th, 2012, 3:59 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:I was trying to buy tickets for the Stoop and the Amlin and there was only an option for delivery to GB&NI (2 French teams in the final I might add). They advised me to call them. http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/an ... w/overseas

Thanks Sarah for this. I emailed them first as couldn't get through on phone; asking if they could be mailed, and failing that what were Box office opening times - got this reply:

"For security reasons Ticketmaster will only dispatch tickets to the billing address of the card used to pay for the tickets. This procedure is in place as credit/debit card fraud is on the increase with telephone and Internet bookings and is there to protect the card holder. Due to this we will be unable to alter your tickets to have them dispatched.

Any tickets set for a collection for this event can be collected from 2 hours prior to kick off and must be collected no later than 45 minutes prior. We advise any customers collecting tickets, to arrive as early as possible to avoid queues."

I found the underlined a bit scary; so finally go through on the phone to them this morning. Box office is open at 1200pm and closes 45 mins before KO. Two conflicting messages - again; shows how bad TT are.
desperado
Enlightened

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012