Big Screen Location for Supporters in Dublin for the Final

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Big Screen Location for Supporters in Dublin for the Final

Postby Ultra Vires » May 11th, 2012, 4:27 pm

There are those that can't make the final. Myself included. Gutted. Work, young children, finances. Take your pick.

What I want to know: is there a central location being organised for fans stuck in Dublin for the big game?

Wouldnt it be great if one of the big screens at the RDS was set up to show the match? It hosts concerts all the time. It would be great to have a location where a big crowd could meet and enjoy the game together rather than being scattered all over the place in different pubs straining to see small tv's.

I remember they set up a big screen in Limerick for the 06 and 08 finals and it looked great. Why don't we have this in Dublin?

The RDS could make a killing on booze and food for the thousands that would turn up. Even if they charged a fiver in to watch it, loads would go. The O2 televised the Ireland matches on a huge screen during the world cup.

OLSC - have you heard about anything like this?
The Bird is the Word
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Re: Big Screen Location for Supporters in Dublin for the Fin

Postby Scott » May 11th, 2012, 5:26 pm

this has been covered to death before. was going to be a screen on Dawson st last tear but businesses objected which is fair enough. dublin very different to limerick cant just close off streets without major disruption. last year LR asked plp to go watch final in local clubs instead of RDs and sent out party packs for club bars.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Ultra Vires » May 12th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Scott wrote:this has been covered to death before. was going to be a screen on Dawson st last tear but businesses objected which is fair enough. dublin very different to limerick cant just close off streets without major disruption. last year LR asked plp to go watch final in local clubs instead of RDs and sent out party packs for club bars.

Thanks for the info. It may have been covered to death before but I wasnt aware because this is the first time I will be stuck back in Dublin rather than travelling.
The Bird is the Word
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Postby AdamK » May 13th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Thing is this year I think there's a lot more traveling fans, so would be hard to justify the opening of any large areas for a big screen. It would be a nice idea to put it on in the rds or something tho.
AdamK
Girvan Dempsey

Postby rosscarrick » May 14th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Next year there is hope of having Leinster shown on two big screens either end of Lansdowne Road Live for the Heineken Cup final!
The French are predictably unpredictable
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Postby Xanthippe » May 14th, 2012, 3:01 pm

rosscarrick wrote:Next year there is hope of having Leinster shown on two big screens either end of Lansdowne Road Live for the Heineken Cup final!

:clap:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby sheepshagger » May 14th, 2012, 3:46 pm

rosscarrick wrote:Next year there is hope of having Leinster shown on two big screens either end of Lansdowne Road Live for the Heineken Cup final!

Hope won't get you the big screens...€€€€€€€'s will :lol:
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012