Will Twikkers be blue or white/ red next week?

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Will Twikkers be blue or white/ red next week?

Postby ellandleinster » May 13th, 2012, 11:17 am

Just wondering who will predominate next week us or the SUFTUMs' ? Will their first appearance in 13 years mean a huge turn out whilst our third in 4 years mean more stay at home.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Re: Will Twikkers be blue or white/ red next week?

Postby sheepshagger » May 13th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Will be a mixture of all colours given the ERCs continued desire to make it a 'festival of rugby' by selling as many tickets as possible before the finalists are even known.

The fact its London means its a lot easier to get to and accommodation isn't at a premium (unlike Edinburgh and Cardiff) for any teams fans. Hopefully we pick some neutrals as we have done in the past. ..
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby Blåränderna » May 13th, 2012, 3:53 pm

I'm guessing a mixture too, at the 09 final we were surrounded by Munster fans, Tigers fans and a few others...
Blåränderna
Graduate

Postby ellandleinster » May 13th, 2012, 7:25 pm

I have been to about half a dozen Hcup finals and whilst I agree that you do get people in non partcipant colours I think this is not as prevalent (post credit crunch) as it used to be.It reached its high( or low point in my view) in 2007 when Munster fans might have outnumbered those of either Leicester or Wasps. But there was definitely not as many at Cardiff last than there was at Edinburgh in 09.

But that aside the question is will we outnumber Ulster fans. I think we outnumbered Leicester and Northampton at previous finals but I suspect it may not be the case this year. For a start I am intrigued by the numbers of new 'members' this forum has looking for tickets. haven't seen anything about how Ulster got on with shifting their allocation but presume it too was oversubscribed.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Postby rooster » May 13th, 2012, 7:46 pm

ellandleinster wrote:haven't seen anything about how Ulster got on with shifting their allocation but presume it too was oversubscribed.

Yip all went within days, existing season ticket holders then new applicants and they quickly had to pull the new applications from online to either turn up at Ravenhill or phone in.
rooster
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Morf » May 13th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Lots of confident/silly Leinster fans will have booked flights and tickets ahead due to our hard-earned pedigree in Europe the last few years.

I doubt as many Ulster fans will have been as confident.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby HUDSOC » May 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm

I wouldn't underestimate the capacity of Ulster supporters to mobilise even if most only seriously started doing so after the semi-final.And of course,just as with laeinster there is a considerable ex-pat community in or near London who won't need to book flights or boat/train and will view this as a unique opportunity.I reckon it could well be be close to 50/50.And as a side-show (and to annoy us all) ,elsewhere a scattering of red 'Toyota' shirts...
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Postby artaneboy » May 14th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Morf wrote:Lots of confident/silly Leinster fans will have booked flights and tickets ahead due to our hard-earned pedigree in Europe the last few years.

Maybe not- but they got a 24 hours start on winning the first semi. Has to count for a good few hundred- ye'd think!
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Morf » May 15th, 2012, 12:11 am

artaneboy wrote:
Morf wrote:Lots of confident/silly Leinster fans will have booked flights and tickets ahead due to our hard-earned pedigree in Europe the last few years.

Maybe not- but they got a 24 hours start on winning the first semi. Has to count for a good few hundred- ye'd think!

I booked mine in January. I was that confident.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Xanthippe » May 15th, 2012, 12:42 am

Morf wrote:
artaneboy wrote:

Slow coach - I booked mine last May and booked next year's today - Believe in Blue
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Morf » May 15th, 2012, 1:23 am

Xanthippe wrote:
Morf wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Maybe not- but they got a 24 hours start on winning the first semi. Has to count for a good few hundred- ye'd think!

Slow coach - I booked mine last May and booked next year's today - Believe in Blue

I started looking in November I think but was waiting ages for a decent batch of tickets to come up. One did before I bought but I missed it.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Xanthippe » May 15th, 2012, 1:35 am

Morf wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Maybe not- but they got a 24 hours start on winning the first semi. Has to count for a good few hundred- ye'd think!

Morf wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:Slow coach - I booked mine last May and booked next year's today - Believe in Blue

I started looking in November I think but was waiting ages for a decent batch of tickets to come up. One did before I bought but I missed it.

Did you get the Golden Ticket code today for next year's finals?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Morf » May 15th, 2012, 3:08 am

I had the emails from ERC turned off.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Postby ellandleinster » May 15th, 2012, 9:45 am

Today's IT forecasts an even split with 25000 both of Ulster and Leinster fans.

Also says that Leinster returned some of its allocation for last year's final ?? Don't recall that being the case.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Postby honeyec » May 15th, 2012, 9:46 am

ellandleinster wrote:Also says that Leinster returned some of its allocation for last year's final ?? Don't recall that being the case.

It wasn't.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
honeyec
Mullet

Postby ellandleinster » May 15th, 2012, 9:49 am

are you saying the IT has got it wrong!!!
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Postby AdamK » May 15th, 2012, 11:56 am

:shock:
AdamK
Girvan Dempsey

Postby fourthirtythree » May 15th, 2012, 12:26 pm

I'd figure on more Ulster fans there (due to pent up demand and possibly a lesser contraction in their economy partially due to their increased reliance on the public sector compared to here) but the cost of travel for them went to astronomical pretty quickly I believe. I know people who had tickets but the flights made your eyes bleed.

So equal would be quite reasonable. A fair few Ulster fans would buy anyway particularly as London would have been cheap and easy to get to before Ulster got to the final.
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan
fourthirtythree
Devin Toner

Postby sheepshagger » May 15th, 2012, 12:55 pm

ellandleinster wrote:Today's IT forecasts an even split with 25000 both of Ulster and Leinster fans.

Based on what I wonder?

Unless TM have given them access to the mailing list of those who bought tickets in the public sale and they contacted all of them to see what team they are supporting it's just a guess :roll:
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby ellandleinster » May 15th, 2012, 4:26 pm

well you could say that forecast is just another word for a guess. Either way I also think it will be pretty evenly split and if anything there may be more Ulster than us. Should be an absolutely amazing atmosphere and I am glad Twickenham doesn't have a roof as it took about 3 days last year for my ears to stop ringing after Cardiff.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Next

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012