Bringing Flags on Ryanair Flights

For Ticket, Travel and Accommodation Offers and Requests.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Heineken Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: Bringing Flags on Ryanair Flights

Postby Dave Cahill » May 22nd, 2012, 11:18 am

Bristol Airport was odd yesterday evening. Ryanair were making EVERY passenger put their bag into the size indicator thing, even girls with small handbags, which I've never seen them do before
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby Amz » May 22nd, 2012, 11:40 am

They were doing that before our flight too. Thought it was way OTT. They only seemed to do it on the flight to Dublin though, the Ryanair flight to Spain, leaving from the gate next to us weren't given the same scrutiny.
Amz
Mullet

Postby Scott » May 22nd, 2012, 11:42 am

Gatwick was the same. Handbag thing was very odd
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Girvan Dempsey

Postby Avenger » May 22nd, 2012, 11:44 am

sheepshagger wrote:You must have got a knob as have seen flags carried on that route before.

Knob doesn't begin to describe her. Would put me off using Ryanair again. Just not worth the hassle of having to deal with jumped up little (in terms of height and not width) Hitlers that work for them.

My wife also had a handbag but Eva Braun was so obsessed with the dangerous flags that she didn't notice it...
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby sid » May 22nd, 2012, 11:50 am

Avenger wrote:Knob doesn't begin to describe her. Would put me off using Ryanair again. Just not worth the hassle of having to deal with jumped up little (in terms of height and not width) Hitlers that work for them.

Aer Lingus are just as bad. After getting home I just thanked my lucky stars I don't have to live with any of them.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
sid
Mullet

Postby DanHan20 » May 22nd, 2012, 7:04 pm

Flew over with City Jet to London City and flew back from Heathrow with BMI. No problems either side, free check on luggage, no real restrictions with hand luggage. On the way over we even got a free beer!!!! Great staff very friendly with both airlines. All that for 155 Euro return from skyscanner.ie (we booked flights in feb).......................if it was the European Carlsburg Cup these would have been the flights provided!!! Thankfully no flights needed for next years final.
DanHan20

Postby sheepshagger » May 22nd, 2012, 8:08 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:Bristol Airport was odd yesterday evening. Ryanair were making EVERY passenger put their bag into the size indicator thing, even girls with small handbags, which I've never seen them do before

They often do It if they have time to kill.. The staff at the gate are mormally on commission for any additional baggage revenue they can get.
sheepshagger
Shane Horgan

Postby leinsterfan100 » May 22nd, 2012, 9:51 pm

Happened to us on sunday morning in birmingham aswell. she wouldnt let us take our flags on. we eventually just ignored her and walked on with the smaller flags but had to leave big flagpole there.
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Postby mikey » May 23rd, 2012, 12:57 pm

Avenger wrote:They weren't letting flagpoles on today in Bristol. Quite ratty about it too. Told us we could bring them on for £50 so left them there.

We have had the same problem - for the Montpellier game I was told that the flag was too big - it had to fit in the Ryanair bag cage - clearly they cant. It got very heated as I refused to give up my flag (you can have my flag, from my DEAD LIFELESS HAND) and walked to queue to board the plane. It was clear that if I continued with my refusal I would be refused boarding - total c~*k on the desk, who then refused to give me his name so i could complain. I'm still fecking furious with them about it......so I snapped the flags in half and put them in my bag - they do bend back......still annoyed.

I wonder if we could get a wrtitten statement from Ryanir via the OLSC to say that the flags are approved. We use Ryanair all the time (like this coming Sunday) and it is with some trepedation that we carry the flags now. But I do need to have my flag with me at the game......
mikey
Girvan Dempsey

Postby icebaby » May 23rd, 2012, 9:32 pm

Maybe Ryanair havn't recovered from backing that Anti-Leinster faction back in 2006 - remember the plane with the Brown Thomas bag on the Livery?
"Look what Leinster have done again"
icebaby
Girvan Dempsey

Postby noeldempsey » May 23rd, 2012, 10:23 pm

No problem with flags on the Sun 3.30pm flight from Bristol to Dublin, we had about 6 flags and one pole was 150cms
noeldempsey
Beginner

Postby Amz » May 24th, 2012, 1:24 am

icebaby wrote:Maybe Ryanair havn't recovered from backing that Anti-Leinster faction back in 2006 - remember the plane with the Brown Thomas bag on the Livery?

Amz
Mullet

Postby Xanthippe » May 24th, 2012, 2:01 am

noeldempsey wrote:No problem with flags on the Sun 3.30pm flight from Bristol to Dublin, we had about 6 flags and one pole was 150cms

You guys just can't help yourselves can you - doesn't matter what's being discussed you'll always manage to bring the subject around to the length of your pole!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Morf » May 24th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Mine wasn't that long but it performed smashingly in the heat of the occasion.
Morf
Girvan Dempsey

Previous

Return to Heineken Cup Final 2012