ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » May 1st, 2018, 10:56 am

footrush wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
footrush wrote:Have decided the Guigenheim Puppy is the area that I going to hang out in , have been to about 14 different H Cup fan zones they are all fine however this time going to try and get an slightly more immersive experience its the kind of place that you can really do in !.

I'm with you footrush. 4 of us travelling from Switzerland Thursday (one Cardiff fan, one Ulster fan and two Leinster fans)..3 leinster fans from Dublin on the Friday. Plaza moyua is a dogleg walk to stadium from the Guggenheim.

Forecast is for rain on Saturday though. Hope that changes closer to day.

Yep Bay of Biscay can rain at any time of the year all the pinchos bars tend to have verandas and people move from one to another sampling the speciality in each be great to be with some like minded people rather than being herded around the city by the organisers !.

The organised thing can be good craic and a good way to snag/offload a ticket but we would be more interested in a small group doing a pintxos crawl on way to the game.

Actually, a combination of the Guggenheim puppy and what grunental said.....lots of pintxoss and tavernas along that street he mentioned. Not many near the puppy...which is fine.

Start at the puppy for 1800
Wander down towards plaza moyua
Stop off at el hueva Frito for pintxos
Wander on along the street grunental mentioned
Mugi taberna on that street looks good....

Whaddya think?
MylesNaGapoleen
Graduate

Postby macboomba » May 1st, 2018, 11:13 am

I'm with you footrush. 4 of us travelling from Switzerland Thursday (one Cardiff fan, one Ulster fan and two Leinster fans)..3 leinster fans from Dublin on the Friday. Plaza moyua is a dogleg walk to stadium from the Guggenheim.

Forecast is for rain on Saturday though. Hope that changes closer to day.[/quote]
Yep Bay of Biscay can rain at any time of the year all the pinchos bars tend to have verandas and people move from one to another sampling the speciality in each be great to be with some like minded people rather than being herded around the city by the organisers !.[/quote]

The organised thing can be good craic and a good way to snag/offload a ticket but we would be more interested in a small group doing a pintxos crawl on way to the game.

Actually, a combination of the Guggenheim puppy and what grunental said.....lots of pintxoss and tavernas along that street he mentioned. Not many near the puppy...which is fine.

Whaddya think?[/quote]

I think you'll miss the kick-off. :wink:
"Shit like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » May 1st, 2018, 11:36 am

macboomba wrote:I'm with you footrush. 4 of us travelling from Switzerland Thursday (one Cardiff fan, one Ulster fan and two Leinster fans)..3 leinster fans from Dublin on the Friday. Plaza moyua is a dogleg walk to stadium from the Guggenheim.

Forecast is for rain on Saturday though. Hope that changes closer to day.

Yep Bay of Biscay can rain at any time of the year all the pinchos bars tend to have verandas and people move from one to another sampling the speciality in each be great to be with some like minded people rather than being herded around the city by the organisers !.[/quote]

Whaddya think?[/quote]

I think you'll miss the kick-off. :wink:[/quote]

Doh! Friday night game is at nine. Erm....meet at 1600 on the sat?
MylesNaGapoleen
Graduate

Postby footrush » May 1st, 2018, 10:57 pm

It is very much part of the local tradition to drop into a bar and have a drink and a pinchos then do the same in the next one and so on , this is something I fully intend to do on the Saturday before the game !.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby grunental » May 2nd, 2018, 2:12 pm

footrush wrote:Have decided the Guigenheim Puppy is the area that I going to hang out in , have been to about 14 different H Cup fan zones they are all fine however this time going to try and get an slightly more immersive experience its the kind of place that you can really do in !.

The Puppy area is quite quiet, if you want fun I would recommend you in the morning "old town" and before the game the street "licenciado pozas"
grunental
Beginner

Postby macboomba » May 2nd, 2018, 3:00 pm

macboomba wrote:I know tickets are still available to buy online for the Challenge Cup final but does anyone know if you can pay in on the day or buy tickets outside the ground. Not sure if we'll make it to Bilbao in time for the game but wouldn't mind the option.

Also has anyone heard about a bag drop outside the ground for those who still have hand luggage.

I've emailed the organisers but haven't heard back yet.

Got a reply to my query regarding the Challenge Cup. Tickets cannot be purchased on the day so if anyone is thinking of going then book online or try and pick 1 up on the streets.

No reply regarding a bag drop or whether bags will be allowed into the stadium that weekend.
"Shit like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Postby The Doc » May 2nd, 2018, 3:22 pm

macboomba wrote:....whether bags will be allowed into the stadium that weekend.

I can answer that one for you - no. Other than small handbags, no rucksacks or large bags allowed.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby macboomba » May 2nd, 2018, 5:35 pm

The Doc wrote:

I can answer that one for you - no. Other than small handbags, no rucksacks or large bags allowed.

Thanks. Any idea on a bag drop?

We're arriving into Bilbao on Friday afternoon and going to the Challenge Cup. Staying in San Sebastian though.
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Postby domhnallj » May 2nd, 2018, 6:51 pm

macboomba wrote:
The Doc wrote:

Thanks. Any idea on a bag drop?

We're arriving into Bilbao on Friday afternoon and going to the Challenge Cup. Staying in San Sebastian though.

Check out the station - there may be lockers there.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Cian Healy

Postby Mackeroo » May 5th, 2018, 11:13 am

Got the itinerary for the day trip through Rugby Travel Ireland.

Depart Dublin at 9.00am and arrive in Vittoria at 12.20 local time. It is a 40 minute drive to Bilbao so should hopefully be having a beer and pintxos by half 1.
Mackeroo
Beginner

Postby leinsterfan100 » May 7th, 2018, 5:35 am

According to this article, only 46,000 tickets have been sold for the final? With a stadium capacity of ~53k, that would mean a godd 6-7k tickets left still. Surely that cant be right? I know proticketing site has only around 500 left available anyway...

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-0 ... 156720.htm
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Postby footrush » May 7th, 2018, 8:30 am

leinsterfan100 wrote:According to this article, only 46,000 tickets have been sold for the final? With a stadium capacity of ~53k, that would mean a godd 6-7k tickets left still. Surely that cant be right? I know proticketing site has only around 500 left available anyway...

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-0 ... 156720.htm

Fantastic hoping to be able to move down to the front be great if we could bring some spare flags to cover empty seats and distribute to any locals near us !.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby footrush » May 7th, 2018, 10:13 am

Five star Gran Hotel Domine down from €1600 for a double room on Saturday to €900 wonder how much further prices will crash , ticket sites selling tickets for below face value be interesting to see if the airlines and package operators start to cop on during the week aswell !.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby Scooby Shaggy Swerve » May 7th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Tickets on vulture sites like viagogo have tumbled to below €100 (from a high of €300)

Delighted that the touts are getting stung.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Postby badger79 » May 7th, 2018, 3:01 pm

For those staying in San Sebastien, the ALSA bus back at 10.00pm is now booked out. Try the 'Pesa.net' website instead - a bit convoluted, but they have a bus returning at 10.30pm. Back in time for a txakoli or two.
badger79
Bookworm

Postby El Presidente » May 7th, 2018, 4:55 pm

badger79 wrote:For those staying in San Sebastien, the ALSA bus back at 10.00pm is now booked out. Try the 'Pesa.net' website instead - a bit convoluted, but they have a bus returning at 10.30pm. Back in time for a txakoli or two.

The last PESA bus is at midnight. 8)

At least I hope that's what the Spanish meant when I booked the tickets!
El Presidente
Beginner

Postby grunental » May 8th, 2018, 10:28 am

They have created an APP with information about the finals, it is called 'EPCRugby Bilbao Finals 2018'.
grunental
Beginner

Postby glenageary » May 8th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Has anyone got any estimate of how many of us will be there??
glenageary
Enlightened

Postby DartVader » May 8th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Is there a metro from Bilbao airport to the city centre or is it bus service? I'm on the Aer Lingus day trip and was wondering what the craic was for getting back to the airport after the game. I suspect the airport will be rather busy that night! :wink:

Cheers!
DartVader
Bookworm

Postby lotmc » May 8th, 2018, 4:51 pm

DartVader wrote:Is there a metro from Bilbao airport to the city centre or is it bus service? I'm on the Aer Lingus day trip and was wondering what the craic was for getting back to the airport after the game. I suspect the airport will be rather busy that night! :wink:

Cheers!

http://www.bilbaoturismo.net/BilbaoTuri ... o-a-bilbao

Theres a bus service, but whether it can cope with the volumes......
lotmc
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to Champions Cup Final 2018