ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 12th, 2018, 9:54 pm

you are sorted for accom in bilbao???!!! the prices are off the scale. a few leinster fan regulars who I bump into each year are staying in santander, by the coast and getting the train down for t he fri/Sat games. good idea. beautiful town and the accomodation is good.
good to know about the presale for next year. thanks.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 878
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby footrush » January 12th, 2018, 10:01 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:you are sorted for accom in bilbao???!!! the prices are off the scale. a few leinster fan regulars who I bump into each year are staying in santander, by the coast and getting the train down for t he fri/Sat games. good idea. beautiful town and the accomodation is good.
good to know about the presale for next year. thanks.

Yep got pension Martinez for 40€ when the venue was announced probably cheap and hopefully cheerful ?. Have a backup option near Santander airport if it’s a Saracens v Toulon final !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 12th, 2018, 10:37 pm

we will see this weekend but I think Saracens are out. My preferred final would be clermont leinster. clermont fans are brilliant....best fans in europe imho. was in lyon last year for semi finals where we mucked up in the first 20 minutes and couldn't chase it.

you are lucky with the 40euro accom. jayziz
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 878
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby johng » January 12th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Saracens are in no way out. They have an understrength ospreys to come with itoje and billy v back.

Next week they have an abject Northampton at home. 21 points. We could qualify top seeds and end up in an away semi to them
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17935
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby footrush » January 13th, 2018, 12:22 am

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:we will see this weekend but I think Saracens are out. My preferred final would be clermont leinster. clermont fans are brilliant....best fans in europe imho. was in lyon last year for semi finals where we mucked up in the first 20 minutes and couldn't chase it.

you are lucky with the 40euro accom. jayziz

Couldn’t agree more love them to bits !. Was gutted at the final in Murrayfield last year !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 13th, 2018, 9:15 am

johng wrote:Saracens are in no way out. They have an understrength ospreys to come with itoje and billy v back.

Next week they have an abject Northampton at home. 21 points. We could qualify top seeds and end up in an away semi to them


fair point. wishful thinking on my side (to see saracens going out)

things should be a little clearer after this weekend.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 878
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Cianostays » January 13th, 2018, 11:53 am

There is very good value airbnb options in San Sebastian if anybody is struggling for accommodation btw
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby johng » January 13th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Ah jaysus. I had pension martinez booked for the Friday and saturday from the day it was announced.

Unfortunately I managed to book it for the following week.

If anyone is going to cancel a booking let me know.
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17935
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby footrush » January 13th, 2018, 12:30 pm

johng wrote:Ah jaysus. I had pension martinez booked for the Friday and saturday from the day it was announced.

Unfortunately I managed to book it for the following week.

If anyone is going to cancel a booking let me know.

Hopefully won’t be spending much time there doesn’t look great ?. If it’s a Saracens v Toulon final might just sit there with a bottle of red and some Tapas however !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby desperado » January 14th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Bilbao is a bit of a disaster; hard to get to; accommodation ridiculously expensive; ERC fupping around with ticket sales... All in all so far not a good experience vs any other final (and I've been to all Leinsters, and Paris when it was all French amongst others). Any tips on the travel front? I have a hotel in Santander (free cancellation) and an apt in Bilbao (Air BnB).
User avatar
desperado
Mullet
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 8:10 pm
Location: location location

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Barry » January 15th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Killester Travel advertising the following for €640 (excl tickets) - not bad value :-

TRIP ITINERARY

ERCC FINAL – 2 NIGHT SANTANDER OPTION

FRIDAY 11th MAY

07:25 hrs Check-In Dublin T1
10:25 hrs Depart Dublin
13:30 Arrive Santander – Transfer on Arrival to your Hotel
14:15 Arrive at Hotel

Time at Leisure to Enjoy Santander

SATURDAY 12th MAY

Breakfast in Hotel
10:30 hrs Transfer from hotel to Bilbao
12:30 hrs Arrive in Bilbao – Time at Leisure to enjoy Cup Final atmosphere
17:45 hrs KICK OFF
21:00 hrs Transfer from Bilbao back to hotel in Santander
23:00 hrs Arrive back at hotel

SUNDAY 13th MAY

Breakfast in Hotel
10:15 Check-Out of hotel
10:30 hrs Transfer from hotel to Airport
11:00 hrs Check-In Santander Airport
13:00 hrs Depart Santander
14:00 hrs Arrive Dublin

ALL TIMES TO BE CONFIRMED

Approximate Transfer Times: Flight 2hrs. Airport to Hotel 20mins. Hotel to Bilbao 1hr 40mins
Barry
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 300
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Hornet » January 15th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Barry wrote:tickets are available now, link isn't working for some reason - key the below into google and it will get you there.

https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/manifest ... 18-ticket/

Just wondering if anyone has used this option to source ticket? I have a travel itinerary worked out, but am a bit concerned in using ticketmaster.fr for a ticket. I would assume that a new tranche of tickets will be released after next w/e.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby johng » January 15th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Jaysus you could stay for a week for that money
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17935
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Barry » January 15th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Hornet wrote:
Barry wrote:tickets are available now, link isn't working for some reason - key the below into google and it will get you there.

https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/manifest ... 18-ticket/

Just wondering if anyone has used this option to source ticket? I have a travel itinerary worked out, but am a bit concerned in using ticketmaster.fr for a ticket. I would assume that a new tranche of tickets will be released after next w/e.


link to ticketmaster.fr came from the official EPCR newsletter
Barry
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 300
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Hornet » January 16th, 2018, 5:05 pm

desperado wrote:Bilbao is a bit of a disaster; hard to get to; accommodation ridiculously expensive; ERC fupping around with ticket sales... All in all so far not a good experience vs any other final (and I've been to all Leinsters, and Paris when it was all French amongst others). Any tips on the travel front? I have a hotel in Santander (free cancellation) and an apt in Bilbao (Air BnB).


Just booked flights to Madrid Friday - Sunday, coach Madrid Airport to Santander, Accom in Santander, coach Bilbao to Madrid Airport. Just ticket for game to source. Flights €145 with Aer Lingus, coaches €80 (Premium, can be got for €40 Economy total), Accom €40. (Coach Santander to Bilbao €6.60 and leave hourly, although I'm going on the FEVE Rail service). Around €270 sans game ticket. (Around €350 with). Pretty decent.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Hornet » January 16th, 2018, 5:26 pm

DP
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 16th, 2018, 9:03 pm

new ferry connection to santander starts in april lads....bilbao is just down the road from there

http://www.irishnews.com/lifestyle/holi ... s441rif44T
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 878
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby El Diablo » January 18th, 2018, 10:32 am

Looking at various accommodation options including a campervan. Has anyone come across any campsites close to Bilbao? They all seem to be miles away.
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » January 21st, 2018, 7:29 pm

El Diablo wrote:Looking at various accommodation options including a campervan. Has anyone come across any campsites close to Bilbao? They all seem to be miles away.

long shot: any rugby clubs in bilbao? if there is they might be worth pinging. a buddy did campervan stuff in cardiff during the world cup and all the local clubs opened up their club houses for campers/vans.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 878
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby El Diablo » January 22nd, 2018, 7:28 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
El Diablo wrote:Looking at various accommodation options including a campervan. Has anyone come across any campsites close to Bilbao? They all seem to be miles away.

long shot: any rugby clubs in bilbao? if there is they might be worth pinging. a buddy did campervan stuff in cardiff during the world cup and all the local clubs opened up their club houses for campers/vans.

Cheers Myles. We booked an Airbnb about 30 minutes away. Lets hope there is a good late night taxi service!!
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

PreviousNext

Return to Champions Cup Final 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest