ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby Ourson » January 24th, 2018, 1:11 am

Hi from Spain,

I've been reading this thread and I thought it could be of any help to recommend Vitoria as another alternative option to look for flights and accommodation. There are regular buses to Bilbao and I know a few local travel agencies who are also offering direct coaches to San Mamés from Santander, Vitoria or Pamplona.

Accommodation in Bilbao is being a nightmare even for Spanish fans, but trust me, it will be a great experience. Bilbao isn't the prettiest city out there, but the stadium is in the city centre and you'll reach its busiest streets in just 15 minutes by walk.

Anyway, if you want to be risky, I'm sure hotels will have free rooms as the finals approach and agencies cancel some of their reservations.

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
El Diablo wrote:Looking at various accommodation options including a campervan. Has anyone come across any campsites close to Bilbao? They all seem to be miles away.

long shot: any rugby clubs in bilbao? if there is they might be worth pinging. a buddy did campervan stuff in cardiff during the world cup and all the local clubs opened up their club houses for campers/vans.

There are a few clubs, well Basque Country has lots of them, but it's not usual to own club houses as they play in city-owned pitches. And to be honest, some of them are a bit tires of being stalked by foreign fans in recent times... Anyway, you can find a list of them at Basque Rugby Union website: http://euskadirugby.eus/clubes/
Ourson

Postby Laighin Break » January 24th, 2018, 10:19 am

Just had a look at the EPCR website for tickets and it appears they have all been sold out...
I know the clubs that make the final will get allocations, but anyone know if there are more to be released to the public?
Laighin Break
Enlightened

Postby Barry » January 24th, 2018, 10:39 am

Laighin Break wrote:Just had a look at the EPCR website for tickets and it appears they have all been sold out...
I know the clubs that make the final will get allocations, but anyone know if there are more to be released to the public?

still lots of tickets on ticketmaster.fr
Barry
Knowledgeable

Postby footrush » January 24th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Laighin Break wrote:Just had a look at the EPCR website for tickets and it appears they have all been sold out...

259 Cat 2 tickets available on ticketmaster.fr , the cheaper ones are not up at the moment, if it turns out to be Saracens v Toulon people won’t be able to give them away. They also seem to have many in most areas for the France v Ireland game starting with the nosebleed ones at 18€. Still great value for an international.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby Laighin Break » January 25th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Nice one. Cheers
Laighin Break
Enlightened

Postby awol » January 29th, 2018, 9:43 am

Doesn't seem to be any left on ticketmaster.fr - wondering if there is another tranche gonna come out? Sorted flights so just gotta get to the game now :)
Hoping it aint Sarries v Toulon!
Wexford man stuck in Cork....
awol
Bookworm

Postby footrush » January 29th, 2018, 10:18 am

awol wrote:Doesn't seem to be any left on ticketmaster.fr - wondering if there is another tranche gonna come out? Sorted flights so just gotta get to the game now :)
Hoping it aint Sarries v Toulon!

Says they have 1 Cat 2 at the moment if that’s any use a bit steep however.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby johng » January 29th, 2018, 11:03 am

Where does it say that?
johng
Jamie Heaslip

Postby footrush » January 29th, 2018, 12:40 pm

johng wrote:Where does it say that?

Hi John I was curious and just put in a request for one of the cheapest options, it then sends up a screen with the availability in other areas if the catagory that has been selected is no longer available.
Last edited by footrush on January 29th, 2018, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby footrush » January 29th, 2018, 12:43 pm

johng wrote:Where does it say that?

Just checked again none available now maybe awol got it ?.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby johng » January 29th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Ah I'm sure there will be no problem getting tix. They are just trying to make them seem exclusive by turning the sales on and off to get rid of the sh1t ones first.
johng
Jamie Heaslip

Postby R-Dog » January 29th, 2018, 2:01 pm

johng wrote:Ah I'm sure there will be no problem getting tix. They are just trying to make them seem exclusive by turning the sales on and off to get rid of the sh1t ones first.

I second the above. Always released in batches, create a false panic among fans and hold back good ones till the end.

Only Possibility of there being a difficulty is if we were to meet Munster.
R-Dog
Graduate

Postby footrush » January 29th, 2018, 4:11 pm

johng wrote:Ah I'm sure there will be no problem getting tix. They are just trying to make them seem exclusive by turning the sales on and off to get rid of the sh1t ones first.

Yep that’s exactly what they seem to be doing , picked one up in the second row in the corner for 50€ ages ago when they had the seating chart up. Just tried again and it offered me one cat 2 for 92€.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby awol » February 5th, 2018, 9:54 am

No tix as yet, thought id hit the jackpot last night but they disappeared from the Pro Tix Site....
Be grand!
Wexford man stuck in Cork....
awol
Bookworm

Postby joooooe » February 6th, 2018, 5:08 pm

It's a pretty awful ticketing portal. I've gone to it dozens of times and on three occasions it has shown that tickets are available. Right up to the point where you have to select your seats and then they are all "greyed out" and I can't select any. Then if I refresh or go back to the stadium map they are all sold out!

Could it be the browser I am using? I usually use Chrome but I've tried on IE too.
joooooe
Knowledgeable

Postby footrush » February 9th, 2018, 2:53 pm

joooooe wrote:It's a pretty awful ticketing portal. I've gone to it dozens of times and on three occasions it has shown that tickets are available. Right up to the point where you have to select your seats and then they are all "greyed out" and I can't select any. Then if I refresh or go back to the stadium map they are all sold out!

Could it be the browser I am using? I usually use Chrome but I've tried on IE too.

Tickets available on the pro ticket site at the moment !. BLK 305 has rows of seats together at the moment !.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby El Diablo » March 6th, 2018, 2:29 pm

If anyone has any ideas on how to get tickets for the final please pm me. Travelling regardless of whether or not we make it so cant depend on finalist allocation. Thanks
El Diablo
Mullet

Postby johng » March 7th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Don't panic. Just check the site every so often. There are plenty left. They just don't have them on sale all the time. The idea is to sell out the cr@p ones first. Create a scarcity factor. Make people think they have to buy whatever ones are there.
johng
Jamie Heaslip

Postby awaaf » March 12th, 2018, 12:42 am

Got through seat selection to entering my personal details just there FWIW!
awaaf
Bookworm

Postby footrush » March 12th, 2018, 11:36 am

Shouldn’t be a problem once a combination of ASM, Leinster or Munster aren’t involved.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

PreviousNext

Return to Champions Cup Final 2018