ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby madridlion » April 22nd, 2018, 12:14 pm

If this is of any help, we are travelling from Madrid by bus 70 euro return premium, hiring two camper vans in Bilbao, 420 3 nights one van, sleeps 4. Give it a go.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Postby SaintsAl » April 22nd, 2018, 3:16 pm

Hi all,

A Saints fan here, wanting to congratulate you on getting to the final - hoping for an all Irish one at that! Back in September a few of us got a bit carried away and deciddd that 5 of us would head across to Spain for the final, regardless of the result. Unfortunately, life has got in the way and with several weddings and others becoming dads for the first time a trip to Bilbao is no longer an option.

Please let me know if this isn’t the right place for getting rid of them, but the 5 tickets are located in block 324 of the stadium. I don’t want to make a profit inkeeping with the values of the game so only want cost price. Like I said, if this isn’t the right place, feel free to tell me otherwise!

Hopefully see some of you in 2020, can’t wait for our dismal season to end!

these tickets have now been sold

Good luck in the final!

Al
Last edited by SaintsAl on April 24th, 2018, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintsAl

Postby PapaSmurf » April 22nd, 2018, 6:29 pm

Last edited by PapaSmurf on April 22nd, 2018, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PapaSmurf
Learner

Postby PapaSmurf » April 22nd, 2018, 6:30 pm

madridlion wrote:If this is of any help, we are travelling from Madrid by bus 70 euro return premium, hiring two camper vans in Bilbao, 420 3 nights one van, sleeps 4. Give it a go.

Any idea where you are going to park up the camper for the weekend? There's 3 of us doing the same from Barcelona but the campsites are all booked up so might just leave in a car park or something.
PapaSmurf
Learner

Postby Emstev » April 22nd, 2018, 7:33 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:18 of us in total going(most based here, some in the UK,Swtizerland, Germany)...match tickets bought early last November. Lots of different routes etc being taken. Bilbao accommodation has been through the roof from early on....There's 7 of us flying to Madrid early Friday morning(return around 9pm Sunday night) and hiring a car, driving to Elorrio, 25 minutes from Bilbao. The hotel there have confirmed transport links are good but are also offering to sort minibuses. We have 5 twin rooms booked for the Fri & Sat nights for €715.

I am part of a possee of four going from switzerland (basle). might be cheaper for us to club together and buy a villa for the weekend :shock:

@MylesNaGapoleen do you guys have minibuses sorted? Myself and my husband are booked into an air b n b in Elorrio and would love if we could jump on your mini bus back from
Bilbao if you have one arranged for Saturday night and even Friday night if you are going into Bilbao city centre that evening?
Emstev

Postby curates_egg » April 23rd, 2018, 8:36 am

Leon Yespmed wrote:
curates_egg wrote:As someone who knows the region quite well (although not Bilbao), and has been down to go since May (and done lots of research), here is my tuppence-hapenny for those looking only now.

The hoteliers in Bilbao seem to have agreed to cartel-pricing since they got the nod. The exorbitant prices you see now have been almost as bad all along (I guess they think it's comparable to the Champions league).
Consequently, booking through standard booking sites was never really an option.
If you have Spanish, it was possible to find reasonable non-Internet bookable pensions but they're probably long gone.
Reasonable accommodation was available in the satellite towns around Bilbao (it has a good metro, so check towns on the lines). There is a campsite in a beach town, north of Bilbao but on the metro, which also lets bungalows.
San Sebastián is an hour by bus. It's a windy road, and I think the last bus is around 10. Santander is similar.
The former is possibly my favourite town in the world. Great food; great fun.

There are cheap flights to Bilbao from lots of European cities. Santander (about 1 hour) and Biarritz (about 1.45) both have Ryanair connections.
There are ferries from England to Santander (overnight). They will actually open a route to Cork but not open yet.

It's a stunning region. Make a holiday out of it.[/quote

We are flying to Bordeaux, 3 hrs away on Motorway.
Zarautz is between San Sebastien and Bilbao and a good holiday town with lots of accomadation

Zarautz is on the beach with good accommodation options (and a humungous campsite). I think buses go there as well but it is a similar time as San Sebastian - about an hour on the windy autopista.
curates_egg
Cian Healy

Postby curates_egg » April 23rd, 2018, 10:21 am

If anyone needs a lift, I will be passing through Biarritz on Friday and have a couple of spare seats on the way to Bilbao.
curates_egg
Cian Healy

Postby the spoofer » April 23rd, 2018, 10:45 am

I know it's a bit daft but have a look at flying through Rome out Friday and home Sunday. Works out at €275.
the spoofer
Cian Healy

Postby Theleinsterlad » April 23rd, 2018, 11:02 am

Not daft when your saving 300 euros!
Theleinsterlad
Learner

Postby Laighin Break » April 23rd, 2018, 12:22 pm

I have no connection to the advertiser but I see someone looking to 'sell' their accommodation booking (through booking.com) on donedeal.
Laighin Break
Enlightened

Postby Le Duvet » April 23rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

PM sent

SaintsAl wrote:Hi all,

A Saints fan here, wanting to congratulate you on getting to the final - hoping for an all Irish one at that! Back in September a few of us got a bit carried away and deciddd that 5 of us would head across to Spain for the final, regardless of the result. Unfortunately, life has got in the way and with several weddings and others becoming dads for the first time a trip to Bilbao is no longer an option.

Please let me know if this isn’t the right place for getting rid of them, but the 5 tickets are located in block 324 of the stadium. I don’t want to make a profit inkeeping with the values of the game so only want cost price. Like I said, if this isn’t the right place, feel free to tell me otherwise!

Good luck in the final!

Al
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Postby Jacklumber » April 23rd, 2018, 4:34 pm

SaintsAl wrote:Hi all,

Good luck in the final!

Al

PM Sent
Jacklumber
Beginner

Postby Sullylux » April 24th, 2018, 9:49 am

PapaSmurf wrote:
madridlion wrote:If this is of any help, we are travelling from Madrid by bus 70 euro return premium, hiring two camper vans in Bilbao, 420 3 nights one van, sleeps 4. Give it a go.

Any idea where you are going to park up the camper for the weekend? There's 3 of us doing the same from Barcelona but the campsites are all booked up so might just leave in a car park or something.

Am doing the same but uncertain about camper parking options. I read about streets near IKEA and BEC that are possible. Will post more if I discover any further info.
Sullylux

Postby footrush » April 24th, 2018, 10:00 am

Still possible to fly Ryanair Dublin Barcelona Fri 11th 19.00 €83.63 Vueling Barcelona Bilbao Sat 12th 07.00 €34.99 might suit someone who can’t get Friday off and doesn’t mind a stop over in Barcelona gets into Bilbao nice and early 08.15 on Saturday morning ?.
Last edited by footrush on April 24th, 2018, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
footrush
Cian Healy

Postby madridlion » April 24th, 2018, 10:16 am

PapaSmurf wrote:

We got into campsite a few months ago. If yee cant park in centre, there is a beach close which connects by metro to centre I believe.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Postby curates_egg » April 24th, 2018, 3:42 pm

madridlion wrote:
PapaSmurf wrote:

We got into campsite a few months ago. If yee cant park in centre, there is a beach close which connects by metro to centre I believe.

Sopelana.
The Spanish aren't strict about wild camping - it's not like France.
I doubt the campsite in Sopelana is full though? They have bungalows too.
curates_egg
Cian Healy

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » April 24th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Emstev wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:18 of us in total going(most based here, some in the UK,Swtizerland, Germany)...match tickets bought early last November. Lots of different routes etc being taken. Bilbao accommodation has been through the roof from early on....There's 7 of us flying to Madrid early Friday morning(return around 9pm Sunday night) and hiring a car, driving to Elorrio, 25 minutes from Bilbao. The hotel there have confirmed transport links are good but are also offering to sort minibuses. We have 5 twin rooms booked for the Fri & Sat nights for €715.

I am part of a possee of four going from switzerland (basle). might be cheaper for us to club together and buy a villa for the weekend :shock:

@MylesNaGapoleen do you guys have minibuses sorted? Myself and my husband are booked into an air b n b in Elorrio and would love if we could jump on your mini bus back from
Bilbao if you have one arranged for Saturday night and even Friday night if you are going into Bilbao city centre that evening?

Were all flying from Zurich on the Thursday. Back on the Sunday. Sorry. If it helps, I was looking at basle Barcelona Bilbao. Was quite cheap when I looked a few weeks back. About 120chf each way. easyJet to Barca and Iberia to Bilbao.
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened

Postby bilbao2018 » April 25th, 2018, 8:23 am

Hotel Available in Bilbao

Im not saying it is cheap - cost is 288 Euros per night, but the Holiday inn Express at Bilbao Airport has availability for Friday 11 to Sunday 13 May (and nights before and after which are a lower rate). You can not book one night i.e. just 12 May. Cheaper than other hotels.
bilbao2018

Postby Jcahill1 » April 25th, 2018, 11:23 am

Looking for three tickets for myself and the parents, will be looking elsewhere but if anyone sees anything!!
Jcahill1
Beginner

Postby Dundalk 1 » April 25th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I have 2 spare rooms booked in Gros Hotel , San Sebastián
Hotel is basic
Booked Friday to Monday 3 nights
300 euro per room each room either double or twin
PM me if you are interested in them
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

PreviousNext