Season ticket holder lottery

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Season ticket holder lottery

Postby Icarus » April 25th, 2018, 12:03 am

For those of you who are privy to the stats what is the approximate chance of success here?
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Re: Season ticket holder lottery

Postby johng » April 25th, 2018, 9:59 am

Icarus wrote:For those of you who are privy to the stats what is the approximate chance of success here?

The only stat we can be sure of is there are C12000 STHs and 3200 tickets. Possibly oversubscribed but given the cost and difficulty of getting to and staying in Bilbao A lot may not bother.

Some may go the other way on the basis that there is 25% of the possible tickets available so if they apply for twice what they want they will get what they need.

Who knows?

Tomorrow will tell.
johng
Jamie Heaslip

Postby El Diablo » April 26th, 2018, 9:09 am

johng wrote:
Icarus wrote:For those of you who are privy to the stats what is the approximate chance of success here?

The only stat we can be sure of is there are C12000 STHs and 3200 tickets. Possibly oversubscribed but given the cost and difficulty of getting to and staying in Bilbao A lot may not bother.

Some may go the other way on the basis that there is 25% of the possible tickets available so if they apply for twice what they want they will get what they need.

Who knows?

Tomorrow will tell.

The figure I heard was 3,400 but I suspect that is the total number that are going to Leinster. It will be up to Leinster to decide how many of those go to STHs I presume. They have to cater for sponsors, players, friends and families, staff, committees etc out of that number. Am I correct?
El Diablo
Mullet

Postby The Doc » April 26th, 2018, 10:34 am

El Diablo wrote:
johng wrote:

Who knows?

Tomorrow will tell.

The figure I heard was 3,400 but I suspect that is the total number that are going to Leinster. It will be up to Leinster to decide how many of those go to STHs I presume. They have to cater for sponsors, players, friends and families, staff, committees etc out of that number. Am I correct?

And the "official travel partner" - anyone booked with JWT is guaranteed a ticket from the Leinster official allocation I understand. I wasn't aware of that when I booked but it is the case. The non official travel firms are also offering tickets but at marked up prices so I'm assuming don't come from the Leinster allocation
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Grumpy Old Man » April 26th, 2018, 10:39 am

The Doc wrote:
And the "official travel partner" - anyone booked with JWT is guaranteed a ticket from the Leinster official allocation I understand. I wasn't aware of that when I booked but it is the case. The non official travel firms are also offering tickets but at marked up prices so I'm assuming don't come from the Leinster allocation

They are charging a mark up on the tickets - its just disguised. Its the only explanation I have for their taxes figure of €75 as against Killester & Rugby Travel Ireland at €65.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Rob Kearney

Postby The Doc » April 26th, 2018, 10:43 am

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
The Doc wrote:

They are charging a mark up on the tickets - its just disguised. Its the only explanation I have for their taxes figure of €75 as against Killester & Rugby Travel Ireland at €65.

Well - I just look at the total. I paid €570 for the JWT option. The exact same as the others. I was made aware yesterday that the JWT price is now €670 - not sure if that is a second plane or whatever. But the "all in" for me was the exact same as the others. JWT are charging face value for tickets (as far as I know). The others are marking up by about €100 - so probably better to source your own.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Angelsea Angst » April 26th, 2018, 11:44 am

What time today is the lottery taking place?
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Postby Blue not red blood » April 26th, 2018, 11:57 am

Saturday Night RTE2 7.55PM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Postby Blueberry » April 26th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Any idea when we might hear anything anyone ??

Anybody seeing any white smoke ??

Getting tense now.......
Blueberry
Bookworm

Postby lotmc » April 26th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Just got email (16.46) advising that application for 2 tickets was successful (we have a family ticket, so looked for 2 out of entitlement to apply for up to eight 8).
lotmc
Learner

Postby Blue not red blood » April 26th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Going to be a lot of pissed off bunnies tonight.
Applied for 6 as have 3 season tickets and got 2. € 85 EACH
Havent heard how the rest of our group got on yet
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Postby Icarus » April 26th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Have heard nothing yet. Ominous. I would guess the ‘have nots’ are being informed last.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Postby Blueberry » April 26th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Just got the email saying I got two from 4 applied for, over the moon and very lucky to get two. Now to hunt out two more........

Going to be bad news for many I fear, allocation seems to massively oversubscribed.

If those allocation figures of 3200/3400 are true it's really quite poor from the cup organisers. Seems like a really small amount of tickets.
Blueberry
Bookworm

Postby Scooby Shaggy Swerve » April 26th, 2018, 5:15 pm

-- DÉPLACEMENT EN BUS --

Pack Bus + Place de match à 90€

Départ le 12/05 à 22h00 depuis la U Arena puis passage au Plessis-Robinson à 22h45

Arrivée vers 10h00 à Bilbao

Retour le 12/05 vers 23h30, pour une arrivée en région parisienne aux environs de 11h00

-- DÉPLACEMENT EN AVION --

Pack avion + Place de match + transferts bus + nuitée Glamping à 400€

Départ samedi matin depuis l’aéroport de Paris-Orly (horaire à déterminer)

Transferts

Temps libre

Retour le dimanche (horaire à déterminer)

-- PLACES SÈCHES --

88€

Above is the offer to Racing 92 supporters.. bus or plane package or tickets only,
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Postby El Diablo » April 26th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Blueberry wrote:Just got the email saying I got two from 4 applied for, over the moon and very lucky to get two. Now to hunt out two more........

Going to be bad news for many I fear, allocation seems to massively oversubscribed.

If those allocation figures of 3200/3400 are true it's really quite poor from the cup organisers. Seems like a really small amount of tickets.

Another friend on Whatsapp got the good news about the same time. Looking bad for the rest of us!!
Obviously sponsors, blazers, players, branch employees etc. reduced the number for us plebs way down from 3,200 or whatever. :evil:
El Diablo
Mullet

Postby Blue not red blood » April 26th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Thats going to be one smelly bus when it gets to Bilbao
12 hours each way!!!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Postby Angelsea Angst » April 26th, 2018, 5:21 pm

I have heard nothing yet. It is looking very bad. Will unsuccessful applicants also get an e-mail?
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Postby jkbdub » April 26th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Applied for 1, got 1... no email yet but season ticket account shows the ticket details and credit card charge has hit... .

happy days.
jkbdub

Postby Icarus » April 26th, 2018, 5:23 pm

On a positive note it is a ‘Racing’ certainty that a significant number of tickets will be winnowing their way from France.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Postby Barry » April 26th, 2018, 5:25 pm

haven't received an email yet but when I log into my ticket master account I can see 2 tickets in section 111 - cautiously optimistic
Barry
Knowledgeable

Next

Return to Champions Cup Final 2018