Ireland u20 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby cormac » June 12th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:But..... we could go through, if England keep going. They are 35-12 up against Australia at h-t and another 20 points differential would be enough to put us top, if Aus don't get four tries. Do the English dislike the Aussies enough to do us a favour?


If two teams finish level on points in the same group it's the result in their head-to-head match that counts. Points difference only counts if three teams or more are level on points.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5362
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby Ruckedtobits » June 12th, 2019, 9:11 pm

cormac wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:But..... we could go through, if England keep going. They are 35-12 up against Australia at h-t and another 20 points differential would be enough to put us top, if Aus don't get four tries. Do the English dislike the Aussies enough to do us a favour?


If two teams finish level on points in the same group it's the result in their head-to-head match that counts. Points difference only counts if three teams or more are level on points.


Ouch, I forgot the head-to-head rule. Anyway, their Captain and Flanker scored their 4th try in the 76th minute and we're out of contention. 56-26 for Eng at present.
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby cormac » June 12th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Looks like we'll be ranked 6th at the end of the pool stages and will play England again on Monday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5362
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby Ruckedtobits » June 12th, 2019, 9:28 pm

So, NZ 5th, Ire 6th, Wales 7th & Eng 8th. Ire v Eng and NZ v Wales.
Ruckedtobits
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby neill_m » June 12th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Ireland v England on Monday at 7:30pm Irish Time.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 853
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby cormac » June 12th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:So, NZ 5th, Ire 6th, Wales 7th & Eng 8th. Ire v Eng and NZ v Wales.


England 7th, Wales 8th.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5362
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby mildlyinterested » June 13th, 2019, 9:24 am

Possible XV for England game given yesterdays injuries:

1. Josh Wycherley(Munster) - 8 caps
2. Dylan Tierney Martin(Connacht) - 9 caps
3. Tom Clarkson(Leinster) - 8 caps
4. Charlie Ryan(Leinster) - 12 caps
5. Ryan Baird(Leinster) - 5 caps
6. Niall Murray(Connacht) - 8 caps
7. Ronan Watters(Leinster) - 3 caps
8. Azur Allison(Ulster) - 2 caps
9. Craig Casey(Munster) - 6 caps
10. Ben Healy(Munster) - 5 caps
11. Jonathan Wren(Munster) - 8 caps
12. David Ryan(Leinster) - 1 cap
13. Liam Turner(Leinster) - 8 caps
14. Aaron O'Sullivan(Leinster) - uncapped
15. Rob Russell(Leinster) - 7 caps
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby arsebiscuits1 » June 13th, 2019, 11:30 am

mildlyinterested wrote:Possible XV for England game given yesterdays injuries:

1. Josh Wycherley(Munster) - 8 caps
2. Dylan Tierney Martin(Connacht) - 9 caps
3. Tom Clarkson(Leinster) - 8 caps
4. Charlie Ryan(Leinster) - 12 caps
5. Ryan Baird(Leinster) - 5 caps
6. Niall Murray(Connacht) - 8 caps
7. Ronan Watters(Leinster) - 3 caps
8. Azur Allison(Ulster) - 2 caps
9. Craig Casey(Munster) - 6 caps
10. Ben Healy(Munster) - 5 caps
11. Jonathan Wren(Munster) - 8 caps
12. David Ryan(Leinster) - 1 cap
13. Liam Turner(Leinster) - 8 caps
14. Aaron O'Sullivan(Leinster) - uncapped
15. Rob Russell(Leinster) - 7 caps


Still a very good side. That front 5 must be the envy of all other sides at the moment. Serious engine room.

The spine of the team is largely intact which is a miracle given the injuries

I fancy taking on England again. They are a poorly coached team IMO. Incredibly skillful and powerful but with no smarts to back it up. We have seen it in the previous 2 meetings. Keep the pressure on. Play smart rugby and they can't cope
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
arsebiscuits1
Enlightened
 
Posts: 777
Joined: November 19th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby TrapperChamonix » June 13th, 2019, 9:09 pm

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Possible XV for England game given yesterdays injuries:

1. Josh Wycherley(Munster) - 8 caps
2. Dylan Tierney Martin(Connacht) - 9 caps
3. Tom Clarkson(Leinster) - 8 caps
4. Charlie Ryan(Leinster) - 12 caps
5. Ryan Baird(Leinster) - 5 caps
6. Niall Murray(Connacht) - 8 caps
7. Ronan Watters(Leinster) - 3 caps
8. Azur Allison(Ulster) - 2 caps
9. Craig Casey(Munster) - 6 caps
10. Ben Healy(Munster) - 5 caps
11. Jonathan Wren(Munster) - 8 caps
12. David Ryan(Leinster) - 1 cap
13. Liam Turner(Leinster) - 8 caps
14. Aaron O'Sullivan(Leinster) - uncapped
15. Rob Russell(Leinster) - 7 caps


Still a very good side. That front 5 must be the envy of all other sides at the moment. Serious engine room.

The spine of the team is largely intact which is a miracle given the injuries

I fancy taking on England again. They are a poorly coached team IMO. Incredibly skillful and powerful but with no smarts to back it up. We have seen it in the previous 2 meetings. Keep the pressure on. Play smart rugby and they can't cope

Its hard to argue that the back row plus 12 / 14 are very inexperienced (Murray caps are all at 2nd row I think). Hopefully its their time to shine. Go Ireland.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby mildlyinterested » June 14th, 2019, 7:41 am

The Ireland U-20s have been dealt a further double injury blow as Ciarán Booth and David McCann have both returned home from the World Cup in Argentina.
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Postby mildlyinterested » June 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Brian Deeny(Wexford/Clontarf/U19) called up to u20 squad.
No sign of 2nd replacement yet.
mildlyinterested
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Previous

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest