Humph to retire?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Dave Cahill wrote:Is this the same David McAllister that Turnipstan are currently trying to sign on a Joker for the remainder of the season btw?
The very same. Don't tell the Turnip Munchers that though - they don't like facts.
How many other FHs are they going to rob? They have ROG, Burke, Manning and now they want McAllister and have nicked Warwick from Connacht for next season....... :roll:
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Gowan Dave, tell us....Turnipstan parish of origin would be a nice add on too.... :wink:
Munster don't have a single Irish born outhalf on their books, they have one naturalised out half, one not qualified for Ireland at all, and one who qualified for Ireland before there were any qualification rules in place in international rugby

Oh and their previous back up outhalf was a kiwi
Brian O'Meara, Tom Tierney, Reddan, Stan, Strings, ROG, Tomas O'Leary all products of the Munster half back factory.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sewa wrote:Firstly I am not calling anyone or indeed Leinster a disgrace. That isnt written in any of my posts. You introduced that.

Secondly my reason for writing the post which you have clearly ignored was in response to the criticism on here relating to ROG and Strings. If you have a scrum half or out half that would be better than the aforementioned and are Irish qualified lets hear it rather than all the criticism.

Furthermore with the prevalance of a running game in your province and schols system I find it hard to believe there hasnt been some good young 9 and 10's fallen by the wayside. That though is of course only my personal opinion.
ROG was poor on Saturday but I actually thought that Stringer had a great game, one of his best for Ireland, and thats just the first half alone.

I agree with your last paragraph, but I would suggest that they have in fact fallen by the wayside, injury wise. Campion, Farrell, Dunne, Sexton and Hickey have all had very serious injury problems, with the first two having to retire in their 20s and the last three missing 2, 1 and 1 seasons respectively with them.
I have Bumbleflex
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Leinsterman wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Is this the same David McAllister that Turnipstan are currently trying to sign on a Joker for the remainder of the season btw?
The very same. Don't tell the Turnip Munchers that though - they don't like facts.
How many other FHs are they going to rob? They have ROG, Burke, Manning and now they want McAllister and have nicked Warwick from Connacht for next season....... :roll:
Mc Allister and Warwick are pure conjecture on this site. If there facts you will no doubt be able to back them up with proof. Burke will not be playing for Munster next year by the way.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Gowan Dave, tell us....Turnipstan parish of origin would be a nice add on too.... :wink:
Munster don't have a single Irish born outhalf on their books, they have one naturalised out half, one not qualified for Ireland at all, and one who qualified for Ireland before there were any qualification rules in place in international rugby

Brian O'Meara, Tom Tierney, Reddan, Stan, Strings, ROG, Tomas O'Leary all products of the Munster half back factory.
You used BM to criticise us for not bringing an Irish born OH through and now you're claiming credit for him......BOM has 100 caps for Leinster!Reddan, Tierney and Stan had to go to england to learn their trade! :?
Last edited by Flash Gordon on February 15th, 2006, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Factory? Only three of those are on Munsters books, only two are starters and only one of that two is Irish born.
I have Bumbleflex
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

The Warwick deal is done...... that's why Bradley isn't starting him anymore. A mate in the Connacht Supporters Club was talking to Warwick recently and the information came from the horse's mouth.
Warwick was getting pissed off with the Connacht set-up and the rotation policy. Bradley told him to "get to f**k and sit on the bench for a week or two". Warwick made known his disatisfaction and Judy jumped in.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Munster don't have a single Irish born outhalf on their books, they have one naturalised out half, one not qualified for Ireland at all, and one who qualified for Ireland before there were any qualification rules in place in international rugby

Factory? Only three of those are on Munsters books, only two are starters and only one of that two is Irish born.
This irish born nonsense is so irrelevant I wont even try to explain it to ya Cavan man although both Stringer and TOl are Cork born so your not being factually accurate. Indeed we only kept the three best. The rest we threw back like a trawler casting off undersized mackerel. No doubt you'll continue to fish through our cast offs.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Leinsterman wrote:The Warwick deal is done...... that's why Bradley isn't starting him anymore. A mate in the Connacht Supporters Club was talking to Warwick recently and the information came from the horse's mouth.
Warwick was getting pissed off with the Connacht set-up and the rotation policy. Bradley told him to "get to f**k and sit on the bench for a week or two". Warwick made known his disatisfaction and Judy jumped in.
Good news for us so although cant see how he will get much gametime here. Manning though looks to be an absolute cracker. If he progresses next season like he did this one he will be pushing ROG very hard for the first 15.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Dave

What happened to Campion again? As I said earlier there was something in the back of my mind that he had to retire but was that just from pro-rugby? Didn't he continue playing AIL for a while or did he fully retire?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote: Brian O'Meara, Tom Tierney, Reddan, Stan, Strings, ROG, Tomas O'Leary all products of the Munster half back factory.
This irish born nonsense is so irrelevant I wont even try to explain it to ya Cavan man although both Stringer and TOl are Cork born so your not being factually accurate. Indeed we only kept the three best. The rest we threw back like a trawler casting off undersized mackerel. No doubt you'll continue to fish through our cast offs.
Munsters startling new tactic, three half backs! I said of the starting two, one is irish born!
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote: Brian O'Meara, Tom Tierney, Reddan, Stan, Strings, ROG, Tomas O'Leary all products of the Munster half back factory.
Incredible.....so, to be clear, we list off a series of names of guys we've brought through - but you dismiss them because they didn't make it to international level.....but then when you don't give good Irish players game time - Reddan and Stan for example - they're errrr......mackeral like castoffs.... :?

As for trawling through cast offs - how's McAllistair doing?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

sewa wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Good news for us so although cant see how he will get much gametime here.
He can also play 12, 13 and 15......... :roll:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinsterman wrote:
sewa wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Good news for us so although cant see how he will get much gametime here.
Or in the case of Turnipstan, 11 and 14......all you have to do is retrieve tha ball from row Z..... :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
sewa wrote: He can also play 12, 13 and 15......... :roll:
Or in the case of Turnipstan, 11 and 14......all you have to do is retrieve tha ball from row Z..... :wink:
Now now Flash, Munster have expanded their game recently, that new winger Dowling is really good, you know, the lad from...ermmm...Leinster
I have Bumbleflex
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Now now Flash, Munster have expanded their game recently, that new winger Dowling is really good, you know, the lad from...ermmm...Leinster
Is Dowling from Leinster?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

thecoofreak wrote:
Is Dowling from Leinster?
Killkenny
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Dave Cahill wrote:
sewa wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Factory? Only three of those are on Munsters books, only two are starters and only one of that two is Irish born.
Munsters startling new tactic, three half backs! I said of the starting two, one is irish born!
TOL started against Sale in Manchester so I would include him as a starting half back. Not always fisrt choice but then again Munster is different.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

TOL has never in his Munster carrier been selected over a fit Stringer. FACT
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Leinsterman wrote:
sewa wrote:
Cant see him getting into the first team at any of those positions unless we have a few injuries. Halstead, Murphy and Payne have those positions sown up although sounds like a good one for the bench. The talk here suggests Mc Allister is a definite signing. Can anyone confirm?