Humph to retire?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

epaddy wrote:TOL has never in his Munster carrier been selected over a fit Stringer. FACT
Stringer was fit against Sale. He came on and played. Nearly turned the game for us.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Bullshit, it was his 1st game back
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

epaddy wrote:Bullshit, it was his 1st game back
Whats bullshit? That he came on and played or is that just what you say when your proven wrong.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

sewa wrote:Cant see him getting into the first team at any of those positions unless we have a few injuries. Halstead, Murphy and Payne have those positions sown up although sounds like a good one for the bench.
He's a far superior player to Pieman Mark II and Murphy.
Bench player my arse!
So you reckon Judy will let him rot in the AIL in he same manner that has happened to Johnny O'Sullivan? Terrible treatment of an extremely good back row player..... :?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

sewa wrote:
epaddy wrote:Bullshit, it was his 1st game back
Whats bullshit? That he came on and played or is that just what you say when your proven wrong.
Proven wrong? Stringer wasnt fully fit so started on the bench. I fail to see where im wrong

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
sewa wrote: He can also play 12, 13 and 15......... :roll:
Cant see him getting into the first team at any of those positions unless we have a few injuries. Halstead, Murphy and Payne have those positions sown up although sounds like a good one for the bench. The talk here suggests Mc Allister is a definite signing. Can anyone confirm?
So what you're saying is that Maccer, a young and promising up and coming Irish player will be kept out by foreign imports?
:?
Pressumably given your earlier comments, that'll be something you'll oppose.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Leinsterman wrote:
sewa wrote:Cant see him getting into the first team at any of those positions unless we have a few injuries. Halstead, Murphy and Payne have those positions sown up although sounds like a good one for the bench.
Bench player my arse!
So you reckon Judy will let him rot in the AIL in he same manner that has happened to Johnny O'Sullivan? Terrible treatment of an extremely good back row player..... :?
Am I correct to believe your nickname for Mr Halstead is Pieman Mark II and that you havent been persuaded by the quality of him or young Mr Murphy? I think they have both been excellent for us. I know its only been in a limited number of games but they both look the business to me. As for flashs comment regarding irish talent being wasted I assume he will be looking at the bench at best initially. If thats a risk he is willing to take thats his call.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sewa wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bench player my arse!
Am I correct to believe your nickname for Mr Halstead is Pieman Mark II and that you havent been persuaded by the quality of him or young Mr Murphy? I think they have both been excellent for us. I know its only been in a limited number of games but they both look the business to me. As for flashs comment regarding irish talent being wasted I assume he will be looking at the bench at best initially. If thats a risk he is willing to take thats his call.
He was highly regarded by Kidney during his soujourn in Leinster, so I think you'll find he'll be more than a bench player.

Halstead - Mediocre, Murphy - Real Prospect
I have Bumbleflex
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Murphy - Real Prospect
He'd want to put on some weight before i could see him playing at international level. He looks a bit on the light side for a centre.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

thecoofreak wrote:
Murphy - Real Prospect
He'd want to put on some weight before i could see him playing at international level. He looks a bit on the light side for a centre.
First full season at the top table, remember how sylph-like BOD and D'Arce were when they first started, he'll soon bulk up
I have Bumbleflex
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

First full season at the top table, remember how sylph-like BOD and D'Arce were when they first started, he'll soon bulk up
Hopefully, because otherwise he looks like a great player with a bright future ahead of him
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

thecoofreak wrote:
Hopefully, because otherwise he looks like a great player with a bright future ahead of him
Helluva boot on him too.....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
thecoofreak wrote:
You're just in a world of mis-understanding today ain'tcha Flash :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
thecoofreak wrote: Hopefully, because otherwise he looks like a great player with a bright future ahead of him
You're just in a world of mis-understanding today ain'tcha Flash :lol:
Yep - was talking about McAllistair.... :oops:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

sewa wrote:Firstly I am not calling anyone or indeed Leinster a disgrace. That isnt written in any of my posts. You introduced that.

Secondly my reason for writing the post which you have clearly ignored was in response to the criticism on here relating to ROG and Strings. If you have a scrum half or out half that would be better than the aforementioned and are Irish qualified lets hear it rather than all the criticism.

Furthermore with the prevalance of a running game in your province and schols system I find it hard to believe there hasnt been some good young 9 and 10's fallen by the wayside. That though is of course only my personal opinion.
Me internet was down all day yesterday and I've been itching to get back on to say what a stupid thread this is. Think the last 20 posts prove that either through injury or thin times, we just haven't had the 9s or 10s in Leinster to push through to intnl. How that prevents us from criticising ROG or Stringer I'm not sure.

You guys haven't exactly been throwing international full backs or centres our way either, but it hasn't stopped you piling into Girv, despite the fact he's the best FB we've had for a very long time. Murphy (another leinsterman) illustrated the point for you at the weekend.

I thought the most encouraging part of the France game was Stringer's 2nd half performance. He was outstanding for 40 minutes and there's plenty to suggest he has competition enough to keep him on his toes. ROG on the other hand was awful. Again. Whether Andy Dunne is international class or a Hekenui/Leek halfback partnership would be enough to send most of us to the nearest Eircom League match doesn't change that fact.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

jezzer wrote:
sewa wrote:Firstly I am not calling anyone or indeed Leinster a disgrace. That isnt written in any of my posts. You introduced that.

Secondly my reason for writing the post which you have clearly ignored was in response to the criticism on here relating to ROG and Strings. If you have a scrum half or out half that would be better than the aforementioned and are Irish qualified lets hear it rather than all the criticism.

Furthermore with the prevalance of a running game in your province and schols system I find it hard to believe there hasnt been some good young 9 and 10's fallen by the wayside. That though is of course only my personal opinion.
Me internet was down all day yesterday and I've been itching to get back on to say what a stupid thread this is. Think the last 20 posts prove that either through injury or thin times, we just haven't had the 9s or 10s in Leinster to push through to intnl. How that prevents us from criticising ROG or Stringer I'm not sure.

You guys haven't exactly been throwing international full backs or centres our way either, but it hasn't stopped you piling into Girv, despite the fact he's the best FB we've had for a very long time. Murphy (another leinsterman) illustrated the point for you at the weekend.

I thought the most encouraging part of the France game was Stringer's 2nd half performance. He was outstanding for 40 minutes and there's plenty to suggest he has competition enough to keep him on his toes. ROG on the other hand was awful. Again. Whether Andy Dunne is international class or a Hekenui/Leek halfback partnership would be enough to send most of us to the nearest Eircom League match doesn't change that fact.
Just to point out I havent piled into Girve. I would be one of the 30 or 40% of Munsterfans who actually rate him. On the point that we havent been producing centres or full backs on that one I can ensure you we werent overlooking anyone. There just hasnt been any. In fact there hasnt even been any up to AIL standard.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leaving aside the Turnipstan vs Leinster thing - why haven't the provinces been bringing through half backs and props? Connaught for example has absolutely not right to exist financially or competitively. The IRFU pour 2million Euro into the province and that investment doesn't look like its paying any divident to be honest. If they appointeda coach with a specific brief to bring on Irish players, then they could genuinely prove their right to exist.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Connaught for example has absolutely not right to exist financially or competitively
Look at all the quality players who have come up through the Connaught ranks. They deserve their place as much as any other province.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

thecoofreak wrote:
Connaught for example has absolutely not right to exist financially or competitively
Look at all the quality players who have come up through the Connaught ranks. They deserve their place as much as any other province.
Could you list them please?

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

thecoofreak wrote:
Like who? When was the last time a current Connaught player played for Ireland?

They are also the only Irish province who are totally incapable of making a profit. Last year I think one of their crowds was 800!

As Ireland struggled to find an outhalf, they persisted with 79 year old Eric Elwood and and import as his deputy.....that makes no sense to me.