I can see this happening

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

I can see this happening

Post by Uncle Mort »

We will beat Scotland as they don't travel, we will beat England as they haven't beaten us for three years, and with it the Triple Crown and a share of the Championship, we will do well in the Churchill Cup, we will qualify from our group in WC2007 having beaten Argentina, EOS will be given a contract to take us through to 2011.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: I can see this happening

Post by Flash Gordon »

Uncle Mort wrote:We will beat Scotland as they don't travel, we will beat England as they haven't beaten us for three years, and with it the Triple Crown and a share of the Championship, we will do well in the Churchill Cup, we will qualify from our group in WC2007 having beaten Argentina, EOS will be given a contract to take us through to 2011.
Well, much as I dislike the guy, if he gets the results, he deserves credit. I just don't see what you say happening. I don't think we'll win the championship and I think we will really struggle in the RWC....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

People are gonna pillor me for this, but i actually think that EOS is the man for the job. His selections aren't that bad, like on its a good team on paper. the only changes i'd make wud be leamy to 6, wallace stays(as an avid Leinster fan, i couldn't put Gleeson ahead of him, on the bench tho) and Jamie to 8 (the man's a ligined). in the backs, girve at 15, murphy on the left, trimble on the bench. And when(yes, when! well we have to as i have some large wagers laid with a well known turf accountant) we beat the Jocks and the brits, make the QF's of RWC2007 and go down valliantly to the kiwis, i dont think we could have too much to complain about, given player and financial resources at hand
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:We will beat Scotland as they don't travel, we will beat England as they haven't beaten us for three years, and with it the Triple Crown and a share of the Championship, we will do well in the Churchill Cup, we will qualify from our group in WC2007 having beaten Argentina, EOS will be given a contract to take us through to 2011.
Well, much as I dislike the guy, if he gets the results, he deserves credit. I just don't see what you say happening. I don't think we'll win the championship and I think we will really struggle in the RWC....
and then he will be given a contract until 2011 :? :?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:and then he will be given a contract until 2011 :? :?
world cup after france 2007, Like Duuuhh
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

EOS will be given a contract to take us through to 2011.
I doubt it. I can't see EOS staying or the IRFU wanting him to stay. He'll have been in the job too long by then anyway. Very few coaches can keep going for that long in the same job while still delivering results. Even if we win all our matches up to his contract ending I think the professional thing to do is hire someone new.
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

I can't imagine him wanting to stay in the job after the '07RWC, especially with the abuse he's getting at the moment. I think it'd be quite fitting if he got the team to the semis of the next one (he'll have to beat either France in France or NZ in the quarters to do it) and maybe even sneak a win in the 3rd place playoff, and then tell the begrudgers exactly where to shove it.
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

Oscar wrote:I can't imagine him wanting to stay in the job after the '07RWC, especially with the abuse he's getting at the moment. I think it'd be quite fitting if he got the team to the semis of the next one (he'll have to beat either France in France or NZ in the quarters to do it) and maybe even sneak a win in the 3rd place playoff, and then tell the begrudgers exactly where to shove it.
I can just see EOS telling anyone who'll listen to "shove it up your b*ll*cks" Roy Keane style :lol:
He is a Cork man after all.