IRB World Rankings

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby simonokeeffe » December 5th, 2016, 10:37 am

Laporte has been elected French president so he may un f French rugby and/or replace Noves, who I think if Im attributing the quote right has said he'll quit if they dont finish top 2 in 6n, so we really really dont want France finishing outside the top 8

Logic of luck dictates if Argentina are 9th we definitely get them, if France are 9th we definitely get them, if Scotland are 9th New Zealand get them

@SBB cant see Wales winning a slam without Gatland (thankfully), way their fixture list is England & Ireland (H) Scotland & France (A), it looks all or nothing for them, though all the other possibilities you mention look highly plausible
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15601
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Xanthippe » February 5th, 2017, 11:34 pm

After week 1 of the 6 Nations the rankings now look like this

1. BNZ 94.78
2. ENG 90.46
3. AUS 86.35
4. IRL 83.53 (-1.10)
5. WAL 82.99 (+0.44)
6. RSA 81.79
7. SCO 81.77 (+1.10)
8. FRA 80.13
9. ARG 79.91
10. FIJ 76.46
11. JPN 74.22
12. GEO 74.14
13. ITA 72.03 (-0.44)
14. TON 71.94
15. SAM 71.25
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby simonokeeffe » February 6th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Xanthippe wrote:After week 1 of the 6 Nations the rankings now look like this

1. BNZ 94.78
2. ENG 90.46
3. AUS 86.35
4. IRL 83.53 (-1.10)
5. WAL 82.99 (+0.44)
6. RSA 81.79
7. SCO 81.77 (+1.10)
8. FRA 80.13
9. ARG 79.91
10. FIJ 76.46
11. JPN 74.22
12. GEO 74.14
13. ITA 72.03 (-0.44)
14. TON 71.94
15. SAM 71.25


would 3 wins be enough for us?
beating wales would make it almost a given we finish top 4?
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15601
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Ruckedtobits » February 9th, 2017, 6:08 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:After week 1 of the 6 Nations the rankings now look like this

1. BNZ 94.78
2. ENG 90.46
3. AUS 86.35
4. IRL 83.53 (-1.10)
5. WAL 82.99 (+0.44)
6. RSA 81.79
7. SCO 81.77 (+1.10)
8. FRA 80.13
9. ARG 79.91
10. FIJ 76.46
11. JPN 74.22
12. GEO 74.14
13. ITA 72.03 (-0.44)
14. TON 71.94
15. SAM 71.25


would 3 wins be enough for us?
beating wales would make it almost a given we finish top 4?


I think a win away against Wales will ensure we stay 4th. However a loss (at home) to France would be bad news. Loss against England who are ahead of us is less damaging.
Ruckedtobits
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Oldschool » February 26th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:After week 1 of the 6 Nations the rankings now look like this

1. BNZ 94.78
2. ENG 90.46
3. AUS 86.35
4. IRL 83.53 (-1.10)
5. WAL 82.99 (+0.44)
6. RSA 81.79
7. SCO 81.77 (+1.10)
8. FRA 80.13
9. ARG 79.91
10. FIJ 76.46
11. JPN 74.22
12. GEO 74.14
13. ITA 72.03 (-0.44)
14. TON 71.94
15. SAM 71.25


would 3 wins be enough for us?
beating wales would make it almost a given we finish top 4?


I think a win away against Wales will ensure we stay 4th. However a loss (at home) to France would be bad news. Loss against England who are ahead of us is less damaging.

With Wales losing to Scotland and our win against France can we lose 4th place now?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9800
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby simonokeeffe » February 26th, 2017, 11:15 pm

think due to gap between Wales and England and playing at home bonuses the gap isnt huge but would take freaky results for us to lose 4th, I think
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15601
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Xanthippe » February 27th, 2017, 1:51 am

simonokeeffe wrote:think due to gap between Wales and England and playing at home bonuses the gap isnt huge but would take freaky results for us to lose 4th, I think


If we lose to Wales and Scotland beat England (I know, I know) they will overtake us
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Ruckedtobits » February 27th, 2017, 11:17 am

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:think due to gap between Wales and England and playing at home bonuses the gap isnt huge but would take freaky results for us to lose 4th, I think


If we lose to Wales and Scotland beat England (I know, I know) they will overtake us


In those cicumstances, will they both overtake us?
Ruckedtobits
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Oldschool » February 27th, 2017, 11:18 am

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:think due to gap between Wales and England and playing at home bonuses the gap isnt huge but would take freaky results for us to lose 4th, I think


If we lose to Wales and Scotland beat England (I know, I know) they will overtake us

Ta.
Scotland are the form team, kind of.
Think the bookies odds will be a lot tighter than "I know, I know"
The England v Scotland game could be a very tight affair as GS nerves start to affect the Brits and Scotland go for their first TC since Findlay Calder was taking the head off Conor O'Shea
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9800
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby johng » February 27th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:think due to gap between Wales and England and playing at home bonuses the gap isnt huge but would take freaky results for us to lose 4th, I think


If we lose to Wales and Scotland beat England (I know, I know) they will overtake us


In those cicumstances, will they both overtake us?

Not quite. This is the result if Wales and Scotland both win by more than 15 points.

1 New Zealand 94.78
2 England 88.02 (-3.00)
3 Australia 86.35
4 (↑5) Scotland 85.18 (+3.00)
5 (↓4) Ireland 82.68 (-1.50)
6 (↑7) Wales 82.66 (+1.50)
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby johng » February 27th, 2017, 2:58 pm

These are the results if us and Scotland win by less than 15

1 New Zealand 94.78
2 England 89.02 (-2.00)
3 Australia 86.35
4 Ireland 85.18 (+1.00)
5 Scotland 84.18 (+2.00)
6 South Africa 81.79
7 (↑8) France 80.57
8 (↓7) Wales 80.16 (-1.00)
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby johng » February 27th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Even if France put 100 points on Italy in Rome they can not improve on 7th.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Fireworks » February 27th, 2017, 3:23 pm

If we stay in the top 4 and I was allowed to make one alteration to the rankings I would swap Scotland and Argentina. If they stay as is then we have to hope that we get lucky with the third pick in our group. As is the dream group would be Us, Scotland, Georgia and AN Otherland.
User avatar
Fireworks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby johng » February 27th, 2017, 3:31 pm

From a 6N pov it is better for Scotland to beat England. From a rankings pov it means we have to beat England AND Wales to stay top 4.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Fireworks » February 27th, 2017, 3:40 pm

johng wrote:From a 6N pov it is better for Scotland to beat England. From a rankings pov it means we have to beat England AND Wales to stay top 4.


Would a Scotland England draw not work even better for us in the 6n. I would however agree that it is a rather long odds thing to be hoping for.
User avatar
Fireworks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby simonokeeffe » February 27th, 2017, 5:59 pm

We want France to beat Wales too, youd imagine that will happen given form
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15601
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby johng » March 12th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Win next week and we stay 4th.

Lose and we are depending on France beating Wales to stay 4th.

Scotland Can't catch us.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby Oldschool » March 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm

johng wrote:Win next week and we stay 4th.

Lose and we are depending on France beating Wales to stay 4th.

Scotland Can't catch us.

Would a draw in either game do us?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9800
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby simonokeeffe » March 12th, 2017, 3:41 pm

johng wrote:Win next week and we stay 4th.

Lose and we are depending on France beating Wales to stay 4th.

Scotland Can't catch us.


I'd be fairly confident of France winning that game at home
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15601
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: IRB World Rankings

Postby leinsterforever » March 12th, 2017, 5:27 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote:Win next week and we stay 4th.

Lose and we are depending on France beating Wales to stay 4th.

Scotland Can't catch us.


I'd be fairly confident of France winning that game at home


I wouldn't. France haven't beaten Wales since the 2011 World Cup
leinsterforever
Graduate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest