Ten week carney camp next year

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

With a real depth in centres i doubt he would have made it.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

epaddy wrote:With a real depth in centres i doubt he would have made it.
Wasn't looking at him as a centre. He can play FH too. Or FB.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:
People are on an anti EOS anti CL crusade at the moment. The press are picking up too many nasty tips from their British counterparts
Agree.

Checked on Barth. According to ERC he's played for Aus. Oh well, thought that was the case anyway.
Sorry guys, but that's just ridiculous. All the press are doing is calling to account a professional coach who alone is responsibile for the national team's results. The coverage has been restricted to his ability as a coach and to his methods/man management.

These are legitimate questions to an highly paid professional coach. Eddie has been in charge for 4 years now and hasn't delivered any of the IRFU objectives. What do you expect the press to do? Sorry but I think the view that there's a crusade against him a la British tabloid trash is just plain ridiculous.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Flash

Half the journalists have pretty much admitted that they don't like him on a personal level. There's two ways to tell a story and currently the way most of the papers are telling it is to get the maximum amount of digs into EOS.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:Flash

Half the journalists have pretty much admitted that they don't like him on a personal level. There's two ways to tell a story and currently the way most of the papers are telling it is to get the maximum amount of digs into EOS.
Hang on statto - The media were unanimously fawning over EOS for his first few years. Even after the disasterous hammerings against France and England, no journalist even hinted that maybe the coach had questions to answer. He's being subjected to a more critical analysis these days and I don't think he can have any complaints about it.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM wrote:Flash

Hang on statto - The media were unanimously fawning over EOS for his first few years. Even after the disasterous hammerings against France and England, no journalist even hinted that maybe the coach had questions to answer. He's being subjected to a more critical analysis these days and I don't think he can have any complaints about it.
DP, I'm not saying I have problems with all of the coverage just that some journalists are taking every chance to get a dig in, sometimes when commenting on something completely unrelated. I think some of the coverage has been over the top and when you've got people like Kelly getting the digs in constantly but then seemingly being delighted with the Welsh game it shows you how inept some of our journalists are at commenting on rugby. People like Ward and Rooney are being a lot more balanced. Criticising but in a constructive and objective way and not making up stuff that's clearly sh**e.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

CM,

Agree with you. The anti-EOS camp (of which I am a card-carrying member..) were using facts and figures to back up their argument for a change of regime. Now the press are piling in (lead by the Indo, even though Thornley kinda started it off) on everything, waiting for a stray comment or a chance to twist events to keep the controversy going. Upshot is the argument for his departure is clouded and diluted in all this cr*p. To many false trails and opportunities for people to defend him.

It's like the cops pursuing 50 unnecessary lines of inquiry where there is one line of inquiry that would lead to an open and shut case.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

jezzer wrote:CM,

Agree with you. The anti-EOS camp (of which I am a card-carrying member..) were using facts and figures to back up their argument for a change of regime. Now the press are piling in (lead by the Indo, even though Thornley kinda started it off) on everything, waiting for a stray comment or a chance to twist events to keep the controversy going. Upshot is the argument for his departure is clouded and diluted in all this cr*p. To many false trails and opportunities for people to defend him.

It's like the cops pursuing 50 unnecessary lines of inquiry where there is one line of inquiry that would lead to an open and shut case.
Yep, that explains it well enough.

Won't get into the objective argument at the moment. EOS can still acheive all the targets set for him when his contract was renewed.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash, Thornley and Kelly started a witch hunt after the french match. It was disgraceful
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter