Puma End Ireland deal

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Puma End Ireland deal

Post by johng »

People give a fock who makes our jersey? :shock: :)

If so. what's wrong with cookery?
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Scotland have gone the unknown route...

(AFS) RugbyU: Scotland unveil 'multi-million pound' kit deal with Macron.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

RugbyU: Scotland unveil 'multi-million pound' kit deal
2013-01-24 13:46:15.646 GMT

Jan. 24 (AFP) -- The Scottish Rugby Union (SRU) announced Thursday the most valuable kit deal in its history, saying it had signed a "multi-million" pound agreement with Italian sportswear company Macron.
The four-year deal will also see Bologna-based Macron supply the strips for Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland's two professional rugby union clubs, as well as the Test side's dark blue kit.
But the new arrangement will not start until the end of year internationals with Canterbury of New Zealand continuing to manufacture Scotland's matchday outfits for the forthcoming Six Nations.
"Macron are a hugely ambitious company and very strong in football," said SRU chief executive Mark Dodson. "But the thing that clinched it for us it that they want to make Scotland their flagship brand in the rugby market.
"This is a multi-million pound deal -- the largest in the SRU's history -- over four years, so we are delighted."
Among the team currently supplied by Macron are English Premier League football clubs Aston Villa and West Ham.
The SRU faced the prospect of financial collapse in 2005 but Dodson insisted the situation at Murrayfield had improved greatly in recent years.
"Right now, the SRU is in good health. We have shown a surplus each year that I've been here and we are reducing debt going forward. We are making cost reductions where sensible and now we are driving income."

They are not exactly exciting with their design...
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Puma are pulling out of European rugby, it happens, indeed it has happened to us before, when Umbro made our kit they decided to pull out of rugby and concentrate on soccer only.

I'm not sure how big a seller the Irish kit is these days (I literally have no idea how many they sell) - people have limited incomes to spend on items like this, and they're more likely to buy the jersey of the team they watch on weekly basis (the provinces) than a team that plays only a few times a year that they probably don't see in person.
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Kappa would be nice. The test jerseys anyway.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I never really forgave them for that joke of a jersey for when we opened the Aviva.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Canterbury have done a good job with England's new strip - it's actually white like I remember it.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Lidl are doing a special on lookalike(ish) green rugby gear.

It might go with the yellow pack coach
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

johng wrote:cookery
:lol:

I gotta admit, these creative spellings of yours never fail to get a chuckle out of me.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

sid wrote:
johng wrote:cookery

I gotta admit, these creative spellings of yours never fail to get a chuckle out of me.
Just trying to emulate my hero Mark Robson.

I can guarantee you that for every chuckle there will be 5 groans.

Also. I love the way you have structured it so as every post you make is a classic bit of Sidness. :)

:happy clapper:
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

TV3 reporting this morning that Puma will supply a kit for 2014 season unless another kit supplier is found in the interim. Also saying Pumas move is going to cost approx €4M in lost revenue to the union. Seems odd that union solicitors wouldn't have put in place a bit of a kicker money wise if Puma decided to walk early. Not a great way to be tying in income.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

TerenureJim wrote:TV3 reporting this morning that Puma will supply a kit for 2014 season unless another kit supplier is found in the interim. Also saying Pumas move is going to cost approx €4M in lost revenue to the union. Seems odd that union solicitors wouldn't have put in place a bit of a kicker money wise if Puma decided to walk early. Not a great way to be tying in income.
Puma have paid a lump sum to the IRFU in lieu of future commitments under their deal. The IRFU won't say how much it is so presumably means a loss of some sort but I'd be surprised if they're losing that amount over it.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Any update on New Suppliers?
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

mtleinster wrote: "Macron .... " said SRU chief executive Mark Dodson. " ... want to make Scotland their flagship brand in the rugby market.
Macron going straight in at the top, then :lol:
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Macron did a nice Napoli jersey, silver job.
Kappa are a good brand, Nike too. Adidas(Stade aside) usually are underwhelming. Wouldnt mind some weird brand like lotto just to see what they can do with the jersey design wise, spice it up a little.
Although If Canterbury come with something along these lines I would have no objection to them.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'd be protecting my nuts were I walking around dressed like that also.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Between this post and this post, I think we can dismiss leinster4life13's jersey design suggestions.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TheBear wrote:Between this post and this post, I think we can dismiss leinster4life13's jersey design suggestions.
Speak for yourself, I too subscribe to the idea of golden leotards..... I also think we should change the crest from a harp to SBW flicking one out the backdoor whilst riding a rocket. May change the brand name to the "Leinster f%~k Yeah's", with an eye on maybe dropping the Leinster bit altogether in the future.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Peg Leg wrote:Speak for yourself, I too subscribe to the idea of golden leotards..... I also think we should change the crest from a harp to SBW flicking one out the backdoor whilst riding a rocket. May change the brand name to the "Leinster f%~k Yeah's", with an eye on maybe dropping the Leinster bit altogether in the future.
I'm behind this post 1,000,000,000%.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Peg Leg wrote:
TheBear wrote:Between this post and this post, I think we can dismiss leinster4life13's jersey design suggestions.
Speak for yourself, I too subscribe to the idea of golden leotards..... I also think we should change the crest from a harp to SBW flicking one out the backdoor whilst riding a rocket. May change the brand name to the "Leinster f%~k Yeah's", with an eye on maybe dropping the Leinster bit altogether in the future.
Completely agree. Instead of a sponsor we should have "Fock off boggers" emblazoned (in the most eye watering day glo we can find) across the front.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.